UDFA Signees Thread

BearSox

Three guys I'd like us to sign are Graham Gano, Brannan Southerland, and Jamarko Simmons. I'd be happy with one, but ecstatic with all 3.

OFFICIAL SIGNINGS:

WR Eric Peterman (Northwestern)

OL Dennis Conley (Hampton)

S Dahana Deletson (UConn)

FB Will Taufoou (Cal)

LB Mike Rivera (Kansas)

RB Tyrell Fenroy (UL-Lafayette)

DT Steve Ostrowski (UW-Whitewater)

We signed our first guy: WR Eric Peterman, Northwestern

Doesn't have the physical tools, but has a lot of heart and is one of those players who makes the players around him better. Most likely a PS guy, but I just hate to rule guys like him out.

Also, I forgot about Mitch King. I'd love to add him. You gotta love those guys like him who aren't as talented as others, but have the heart and drive to succeed. King was a terror during the senior bowl, and some thought he could jump into the 2nd.

Wait, is Mitch King really a UDFA? Man, I'd give a kid with that heart a shot any day. Might not have a true position, too small for DT, too slow for DE, but I would definitely give him a shot regardless of system.

As an Iowa fan I'd love to get King here. The guy has heart and should have a place in this league as a backup tackle or end. However, I think he'll get an offer from a team with much less depth at the dline and it would be in his best interest to take that offer.

No idea who he is, but Ostrowski just sounds like a Bear!

Three guys I'd like us to sign are Graham Gano, Brannan Southerland, and Jamarko Simmons. I'd be happy with one, but ecstatic with all 3.

OFFICIAL SIGNINGS:

WR Eric Peterman (Northwestern)

OL Dennis Conley (Hampton)

S Dahana Deletson (UConn)

FB Will Taufoou (Cal)

LB Mike Rivera (Kansas)

RB Tyrell Fenroy (UL-Lafayette)

DT Steve Ostrowski (UW-Whitewater)

The Bears on Monday signed the following undrafted free agents: UNLV guard Johan Asiata, Hampton guard Dennis Conley, Connecticut safety Dahna Deleston, Louisiana-Lafayette running back Tyrell Fenroy, Rutgers linebacker Kevin Malast, Northwesterm wide receiver Eric Peterman, Kansas linebacker Mike Rivera, California fullback Will Ta’ufo’ou and Louisville defensive back Woodny Turenne.

per chicagobears.com

Chase Patton, QB, Missouri

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/04/be...for_rookie.html

Interesting to see how he plays.

Oh, I really like that pickup. Very similar to Matt Cassel in that he was a top recruit out of high school but never got a shot to start because of the players ahead of them, but decided to stay. He's got great size, some mobility, and I've heard he's got a great arm.

Maybe he can win the 3rd QB job, and we can groom him for the next 3+ years, and turn him into potential trade bait.

So far this is my favorite UDFA pickup.

Tyrell Fenroy looks pretty jacked:

TYRELLFENROY250_1028AP.JPG

In the video I saw of him, he looks more quick and shifty though, and he's actually around 205-210 lbs., but he doesn't shy away from contact. I love it when you see a player with the cowboy collar. Usually those guys like to knock people out.

I think Ta'ufo'ou has a shot at making the team ahead of McKie. I would have prefered Southerland, but I like Ta'ufo'ou. He's his highlight tape...

The only think I'm not a big fan of is all the cut blocks. I'd prefer to see him pancake people, but he might have been told to cut block instead.