Prediction: Best player from our draft

Stinger226

I think Ingelisias and Knox will get a chance to catch a few balls this year. I think Gilbert with fill in in the rotation. Freeman could by the end of the year to become a starter at SLB. Moore will take McBrides spot on the roster. Louis will become our blocking TE. The player contributing the most from this draft will be Melton, as a situational pass rusher and the key here, OUR GOALLINE RB THAT WILL PUNCH IN TDS WE COULDNT DO LAST YEAR FROM THE THREE.

Biggest impact as a single player next year will probably be Iglesias, just because he's the most ready to step in at a position where we need help. But I wouldn't count out Marcus Freeman competing to start on the strong side. He's coming from a big-time program, the Bears already have Roach over Hillenmeyer on the depth chart, but Freeman is faster than Roach. If he picks up the system quick, I think he can press for a starting job.

More than an individual player, though, I really like how the additions make the team overall better. Now you have a ton of bodies you can use along the defensive line, which is key because you have seen both Tommie Harris and Dusty Dvoracek have trouble with injuries. Now, you have athletic bodies you can put out there deep along the line and keep everyone fresh. You can move them around, getting more pressure on the QB and making that defense worlds better. I can't say either Melton of Gilbert will have great years next year (I would expect something like Harrison's year last year for Gilbert). But the flexibility that both the additions add to the roster are really valuable and smart, in my opinion.

Solid contributor: DJ Moore. I think he wins the Nickel CB and will contribute with 3-4 ints. Considering how often the Bears are in nickel I think he will be on the field a lot. I'm hesitant in trying to promote him into one of the starting CB spots because he needs to prove he can provide run support and I think his size limits that. 3-4 ints for a rookie is very good.

Solid contributor/possible impact player: Iglesias will emerge as a solid contributor because he showed he can fight/avoid the jam at the line when he played Texas. I think that and his knack for finding openings in the zone he will eventually be a starter. I think his chemistry with Cutler will be the key.

Dark horse impact player: Afalava. He has the speed to play FS and he played there in his final season in college. I know everyone is projecting him as a SS, but I think he has a chance to compete and win the FS spot. He can be an impact rookie IF he can win the FS spot because he is a willing hitter.

Rotational contributor: Gilbert. If he is effective enough I think he can help keep Tommie fresh and hopefully more productive.

Everybody else will either need time to develop e.g. Knox and Melton or might have an infamous JA injury redshirt season (M. Freeman)

I'd say defense has the highest probability of success. One would think it would be Gilbert but it may be Moore. If harris is hurt ot the D-line struggles, Gilbert will be more opportunities. If the secondary struggles, Moore will.

I'll go with Gilbert though since he was the highest pick.

I think Ingelisias and Knox will get a chance to catch a few balls this year. I think Gilbert with fill in in the rotation. Freeman could by the end of the year to become a starter at SLB. Moore will take McBrides spot on the roster. Louis will become our blocking TE. The player contributing the most from this draft will be Melton, as a situational pass rusher and the key here, OUR GOALLINE RB THAT WILL PUNCH IN TDS WE COULDNT DO LAST YEAR FROM THE THREE.

Well, there were other players who I thought could help us, and after already taking a DL, I didn't think another was necessary. Sure, he has all the tools, but 4 sacks in 2 years isn't worth it, whichever way you slice it.

He comes from a unique situation of changing positions and only getting one year of starting out of it. I like production guys of which he is not but everybody doesnt follow the same senerio to get to be a good player. I think with some coaching could fall into a high reward player. And then again he could be a bust, but we wont know that answer for a couple of years will we.

Iglesias: He will get the most oppotunity and unlike Bennett, the Bears won't ask him to learn all 3 WR positions. With Iggy lining up opposite of Hester, I see him getting a lot of looks and he may be able to steal the"QB favorite" that Bennett had coming into this season. If Iglesias can develop the possesion go to guy, the Bears hit a jack pot as that should really improve Hester and Olsen's ability to get bigger openings. Bennett/Davis will probably battle for the slot.

Gilbert: He will see the second most time rotating along the D line. Angelo sees him playing both inside and outside depending on situations. His athletic ability may really push Tommie at the 3 tech. and just b/c he's a little bigger doesn't mean he won't be able to get after the QB from the edge. His 40 time is pretty close to were Alex Brown's is around 4.74-4.81)

Freeman: If he is 100% healthy and can digest the scheme quickly, I see Freeman knocking off Hillenmeyer/Roach b/c Lovie didn't seem to confident in either. The Bears had OLB prett high on there radar for a reason and Freeman will get his first shot on ST's and if he steps up there quickly, look for Lovie to make a shift shortly after as he likes to use how they play ST's as a gauge.

Moore: DJ has a lot people to compete against for playing time. His best opportunity to dress on Sundays is if he can win a spot on ST's. If he gets on the field on ST's, he's about 2 injuries away for his audition and odds are pretty great he will see some action. He may also get in on some dime packages kind of like Steltz did from time to time, but I don't see him knocking off D Manning for the nickel.

Alfavia, Melton, Knox, Kinder, and Louis may also find oppotunities, but I don't expect a whole lot from them until injuries start taking players out for a game or two. Out of this bunch, Knox and Melton will probably see a couple of play's a game, but as you know Lovie/Bears their chances will be slim.

I'll take two different approaches...best player this year and best player long term.

This year I think it's Gilbert simply because the need for a backup of Harris is significant. Harris has the most lingering injury issues and misses practice time so that means Gilbert runs with the 1st team a lot in practice. Harris also needs a lot of plays off so again Gilbert gets the call on gameday.

Second pick: Iglesias as our slot WR. I think he beats out Rasheid Davis just because he can catch.

Long term: I'll stick with Gilbert again.

second pick: Melton. Love his athleticism and size off the edge and a year or two with Marinelli will get him the skills he needs to be successful.

First of all I have to say that I think that Rashied Davis should be on the bubble when he arrives at TC. After he dropped so many catchable passes last season he needs to compete for a roster spot.

Second I believe that the quickest way for a rookie to make an impact is on returns and that is why my pick is Johnny Knox. He is one of the guys that I thought the Bears would target all along so I have to stick with him.

Third and final I do believe that Lovie was not happy with the product of the SLB which is why Hunter was replaced by Roach when he was injured. Usually starters never lose their jobs due to injury. Hunter did. I felt Roach was nothing special so I think that a prospect like Freeman has a chance.