Biggest suprize of 2009?

Stinger226

It is quite boring right now with all the expectations coming and the moves we have made, I just want to jump to August. But until then, who is the biggest suprize of 2009? Not a Cutler, or Briggs making the Pro Bowl again, but someone we dont expect to be one of the stars?

Mine is Earl Bennett, nothing to lead me to believe why he would be, but we have a QB and there old friends and someone will emerge as a star, I am calling Earl the one.

It is quite boring right now with all the expectations coming and the moves we have made, I just want to jump to August. But until then, who is the biggest suprize of 2009? Not a Cutler, or Briggs making the Pro Bowl again, but someone we dont expect to be one of the stars?

Mine is Earl Bennett, nothing to lead me to believe why he would be, but we have a QB and there old friends and someone will emerge as a star, I am calling Earl the one.

I agree with you on Bennett. Another one for me is Jarron Gilbert. I think he is going to come in and have a Mark Anderson type rookie season. Look for alot of batted balls but I think we will see him jump between DE and DT. Combine his physical and athletic ability with the ability that Marinelli has to teach and I think he could have a great rookie season.

Offense:

Iglesias is my pick. While I am not saying he will be the new Royal, I do think he will provide very solid, consistent play. Bennett is an obvious choice, especially w/ Cutler, but I simply feel Iglesias has greater potential.

Defense:

Vasher is my pick here. I think injuries and coaching, not to menion lack of pass rush, killed his recent play as much as himself. I think Vasher takes the starting job back and runs w/ it. I think we once again see the "interceptor" of old.

On Offense I strongly believe G Olson becomes the top TEs in the NFL, voted to the Pro Bowl, and among the leaders for TEs in catches, YAC, TDs, & Yards. He has always been an excellent "under used" TE & with the chemistry he is developing with JC & with Jay's history of going to the TE in Denver, the sky is the limit for Greg.

On defense I suspect Gilbert will turn out to be huge, 10+ sacks, and a steady contributer on the DL.

I'm going with the left side of our Oline. It might not be fair to take two players but Omiyale and Pace but I think these two guys really anchor our left side. You have a young guy with a reputation for hard work looking to make his mark in the league next to two veteran Pro Bowl players in Pace and Kreutz. I think he picks things up quickly and plays well for us. I also think his mobility (he's a tackle) combined with Pace on the outside allows him to pull and block like Reuben Brown used to do for us. We got a lot of mileage out of that play a couple years ago. Pace I feel is ready to prove he's not done yet and knowing Jay Cutler is behind him helps motivate a veteran who suddenly sees himself with another opportunity to get back to the Superbowl. I expect our pass protection from the left to be dramatically better than last year and equally important I think this will be our strong side in our run game. The play of these two Olineman elevates the rest of the offense.

On defense...Kevin Payne. Last year was really his first year on the field. It wasn't all good but it wasn't all bad either. That experience combined with a complete offseason help him take the next step to becoming our SS of the future.

Pix, I'm right with you on those...

The only other guy that might shock in the secondary would be Steltz as long at the light bulb turns on!

On Offense I strongly believe G Olson becomes the top TEs in the NFL, voted to the Pro Bowl, and among the leaders for TEs in catches, YAC, TDs, & Yards. He has always been an excellent "under used" TE & with the chemistry he is developing with JC & with Jay's history of going to the TE in Denver, the sky is the limit for Greg.

On defense I suspect Gilbert will turn out to be huge, 10+ sacks, and a steady contributer on the DL.

Actually I think Olsen doesnt count as a suprize player. He had good stats last year, and I would think everyone expects him to be better this year, so not a suprize player to me. Anything good from Gilbert will definity fall in that class.

Fair enough!

Then I'd have to go for a WR...everyone else is fairly proven, including the line. I guess Bennett.

Actually I think Olsen doesnt count as a suprize player. He had good stats last year, and I would think everyone expects him to be better this year, so not a suprize player to me. Anything good from Gilbert will definity fall in that class.

Fair enough!

Then I'd have to go for a WR...everyone else is fairly proven, including the line. I guess Bennett.

How about a real sleeper/dark horse. Johnny Knox he has the physical tools with great hands and great speed who could contribute. I don't think he will this year but I wouldn't be shocked.

That's a pretty deep darkhorse!

Honestly, I just feel someone other than Hester will surprise us in a good way!

How about a real sleeper/dark horse. Johnny Knox he has the physical tools with great hands and great speed who could contribute. I don't think he will this year but I wouldn't be shocked.

On offense I will go with Kevin Jones. Last season it was obvious that Forte was over used so I think there will be a big push to reduce his work load and the one guy that would surprise me is Jones since he will be farther removed from his significant knee injury.

On defense I'm picking Marcus Harrison because I liked what I saw last year and think Marinelli will take him to the next level.

Good calls!

On offense I will go with Kevin Jones. Last season it was obvious that Forte was over used so I think there will be a big push to reduce his work load and the one guy that would surprise me is Jones since he will be farther removed from his significant knee injury.

On defense I'm picking Marcus Harrison because I liked what I saw last year and think Marinelli will take him to the next level.