2009 Bourbonnais Thread

Brian

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WR's looked bad today. They were so bad that they all had to do push-ups after practice. Cutler threw it well and Olsen has been unreal. Urlacher picked off a Cutler pass and took it for a TD.

Nice to see Urlacher get a pick 6. Do we know the rest of the D has looked, especially the Dline.

Nice to see Urlacher get a pick 6. Do we know the rest of the D has looked, especially the Dline.

In 1-on-1 drills yesterday between DE's and the OL, Alex Brown looked the best of the DL while Pace looked best of the OL. Williams was repeatedly getting toasted by Ogunleye. One time, Brown put Pace right on his a**.

In 1-on-1 drills yesterday between DE's and the OL, Alex Brown looked the best of the DL while Pace looked best of the OL. Williams was repeatedly getting toasted by Ogunleye. One time, Brown put Pace right on his a**.

Good to hear about Alex Brown. He could be looking to get a fat contract, isn't he in his contract year.

It's either good news or bad news depending on your perspective. Perhaps Marinelli is having an effect on the DEs and the pass rush is better with new moves, or perhaps our Williams is bad. Williams is adjusting to a new side of the ball so I expect he'll have a slow start.

Just got back from camp. Sheesh, not like the old days Last year you could wander around whereever you wanted. This year it's wall to wall people. The SCORE reported there was a record crowd today of over 11,000. A few random thoughts:

1. As everyone's said, Cutler's amazing. Normally I try to get a broad view of everything, but it was tough to take my eyes off the QB position.

2. Basinez sucks. He threw 3-4 picks and struggled even in 2 on 1 drills.

3. Bennett hauled in a bomb from Cutler that was impressive as hell.

4. We're really focusing on Olsen, mostly underneath. At least today we were.

5. Vasher spent some time returning punts. This suprised me as I figured Knox or Iglesias would get the nod.

6. Hester really appears to be focusing on making runs after the catch. He looks electric. Had a couple drops but had some great catches.

7. Orlando Pace looks like a monster, but he's not exatly fleet-footed.

8. Brandon Rideau is big, can jump, and has decent speed . . . but he has no "burst" whatsoever. It's like his feet are in mud.

9. Josh Bullocks had an interception. I wish I'd spent more time watching

10. Zach Bowman appears to be a stud.

I could ramble on forever but I'm tired and sunburnt as hell. The pictures I took suck cause I couldn't get close enough. Damn crowd.

LOL, I just read the article on the Bears website on Pisa ans saw the link you just posted. Not too much ground breaking stuff but kinda fun to check out.

Yeah, I saw that article too, then realized he actually had some videos posted.

I spent my birthday today at TC with my son and the thing that impressed me the most was the amount of speed I saw on the field.Hester, Knox, Bennett, Garrett Wolfe and Daniel Manning looked very quick today in drills.Also they were in pads and did some hitting but no tackling.

Highlights

Qurterbacks

Cutler was workman like today and he seem to have a good rapport with Olsen and Bennett.His arm is as good as advertised especially on deep throws and sideline routes.

Hanie was okay and did nothing spectacular.

Basanez was bad IMO. He seemed hesitant to throw any passes over the middle and held on to the ball too long. He was sacked a couple of times by the D-line.

Running Backs

Forte had a bigger work load today and looked very smooth on runs but was having a little trouble catching some of Cutler's passes on checkdowns.

Kevin Jones looked very good moving and seems to be all the way back from his knee injury. I think he will be able to spell Forte more this year.

Garrett Wolfe looked lighning fast and I hope they can use him a little more this year.

AP looks like he may be the odd man out with Wolfe becoming very accomplished on special teams.

Fullbacks

Hard to evaluate when the offense was in one back sets with 3 WRs and TE. I got a feeling out of the 4 guys they may keep one or two

Receivers

Bennett looked good and gave everyone a scare when he sold out completely on a catch attempt. When he got up to his feet I started clapping for him because I liked the balls out effort he gave on what was an overthrown pass.

Iglesias looked good and caught the ball well.

Knox looks very fast and seems to have good hands and runs decent routes.

Kinder looked stiff moving but had good hands.

Davis made a couple of nice plays but I had the people around me laughing when I called him an all pro practice player and said I would volunteer to drive him to the airport.

Rideau made some nice catches in one on one drills but struggled in full team drills.

Hester did nothing to make me believe he will be a legit number one because he still lets the ball get close to his body when catching passes.

Tight Ends

Olsen was the only one to do anything worth mentioning and he looks like he is the Bears number one pass catching target. Keep that in mind when you guys are making fantasy picks.

O-line

The line looks significantly bigger than when I saw them last TC. Pace is a huge man and was having a little trouble with Alex Brown today. No fumbled snaps today and everyone of the linemen seemed to be moving well.

D-line

Everyone seemed to be going half speed compared to Alex Brown and Baldwin. Sight seen was Henry Melton fielding a punt and looking like he knew what he was doing.

LBs

Nothing special to report. Urlacher missed a pick opportunity that hit him right in the hands and wound up in Rideau's hands for a nice grab.

DBs

Manning lined up at first team safety with Kevin Payne. Zack Bowman does look good and it was great to see Corey Graham at CB and he was playing his usual physical self. Stelz did do anything that made me notice him.

Alfalava looked like he has trouble in press coverage and was letting TEs is get by him and there was a big height advantage in the TEs favor so if he was trying the trail technique that wouldn't be effective. I saw what I thought looked like a lot of pass interference from the DBs. At one point a fan next to me said "Are the DBs not supposed to make a play on the ball"? So really not much to say about this group except seeing Rashied Davis and Trumaine McBride getting into a tussle. That was amusing to me since I think both are on the bubble and that proved to me that they are feeling the pressure.

Again there was a nice crowd today because a lot of people were in from out of town and the line to get to the practice field was very long. My son and I were in line about 9:30 am an hour and half before they open up the field to the public and two and a half before practice began. So if you go I suggest you get there no later than I did and on the weekend get there even earlier. Anyway I enjoyed myself and was looking forward to trying to report what I saw.Hopefully I can figure out how to use my wife's digital camera one day and add some pics to my reports in the future.

Bowman has looked awesome, FWIW

One other thing I left out is that everyone that took turns in KR drills looked good and that was Wolfe,Hester and Manning.I didn't see anyone else do any returns. I thought they were going to use Knox and some others as options.

As they always say the first thing that goes is your memory with age. Sorry everyone I forgot to mention that WR Devin Aromashodu looked pretty good yesterday. There are 10 WRs in camp and since they are using some 3 WR sets I could see them keeping 6 or 7. Hester,Bennett,Knox,Iglesias,Rideau and Aromashodo. I can see them keeping 4 TEs Olsen,Clark,Davis and Gaines(Blocking). I'm thinking that the fullback position is where they will limit depth and I wouldn't be surprised if they only kept one and used TEs more in an H-back role as a lead blocker.

As they always say the first thing that goes is your memory with age. Sorry everyone I forgot to mention that WR Devin Aromashodu looked pretty good yesterday. There are 10 WRs in camp and since they are using some 3 WR sets I could see them keeping 6 or 7. Hester,Bennett,Knox,Iglesias,Rideau and Aromashodo. I can see them keeping 4 TEs Olsen,Clark,Davis and Gaines(Blocking). I'm thinking that the fullback position is where they will limit depth and I wouldn't be surprised if they only kept one and used TEs more in an H-back role as a lead blocker.

Good assesment about that. I am in agreement that if we do keep 4 TE's then we will only carry 1 FB because of Gaines' blocking ability.