Urlacher out for Season..

BigDaddy

You know, I need to hear more about this before I go off here... But since when does a wrist injury end your season? Broken bones can heal in a month and a half and you can play through it with pain killers and a big old club on your arm! He's a LB, not a RB. He should be able to play through this with a few weeks off.

But, like I said, I need to hear more. I suppose there could be extensive damage in there and they need to reconstruct his whole wrist.

This D isn't the same without him.

I wonder if J Williams can play MLB? He was having an outstanding preseason. Does he have the tools to play MLB?

I'd rather we move Briggs to the middle spot let roach man the strong side till pisa gets back and put williams at the weak side... after all we would have had to play him if briggs would have walked a few seasons ago. Briggs is also a pro-bowler very capable of manning the middle.

F

F

F

F

F

F

F

...dammit that's depressing.

Should have drafted Laurinaitis! ;)

I'm sure we will be just fine. Trust me we will move briggs to the middle. He too is a probowler who led the team in tackles last year. Then we'll try williams at the weak side and if he can't do it there are other options out there like derrick brooks.

On a bright side to a bad loss we sure did show an improved pass rush! Damn marinelli has made a difference. Imagine what we'll do against other qb's b/c rogers is a very athletic qb with good instincts. We should still be good on def if our front four keep playing like they did last night. We just need to move vasher to bench duty and leave only tillman and bowman and graham man the corners. Vasher is through. I undestand letting him play last night b/c they didn't want to over-do it w/ tillman so I fully expect tillman to play more extensively and see bowman and graham man the other side. Personel calls is the downfall of this coaching staff. They can't figure out who the better corner is? Or is it the whole vashers the vet and we'll give him the benefit of the doubt? Either or he blew it last night and should have his starting role taken away. Unacceptable to give up that play at that point in the game.

Get Brooks in immediately, move Briggs to the MLB spot. That is what I expect to see and I think we can survive cause Briggs is legit.

Is J Williams back healthy? He is Briggs Backup. Hilly has played MLB when Url missed time. I would prefer to see Briggs at MLB than Hilly.

He was placed on IR, so he's out for the year. Big blow for the Bears. Might have won that game if he and Tillman were able to play normally, but that's the nature of this sport. I would not be suprised at all if the Bears signed Derrick Brooks to replace him. The Bears expect to contact Brooks, he has strong ties to Lovie Smith and Rod Marinelli, he was in great shape during workouts for the Saints and Raiders and though he hasn't played in a while, he makes a lot of sense. I see that coming together.

put a cast on that wrist and get back in the game

This entire morning I was talking to my wife about this. I totally expect us to move Briggs inside, move Roach or J. Williams to play on the outside until Pisa can get back. Is there any definite word on how long he is out. I don't know much about how long it takes to recover from a PCL. I also expect that we will do everything in our power to get Derrick Brooks in. Like La Confora said he has strong ties to Marinelli and Coach Smith and knows this defense and its not like he can't play anymore. I was very impressed last night with our entire DLine. The Packers Oline, especially BarByre(sp?) had no answer for Ogun and I saw Anderson flying around everywhere even Brown got into the action. I believe that GB has a better Oline than Pittsburgh so next week will be interesting considering how bad there Oline is and they can't run or pass protect well at all. At this point i am more worried about Pisa as our Defense played very well last night. We held Rodgers to under 200 yards passing and they never did find much room to run.

This entire morning I was talking to my wife about this. I totally expect us to move Briggs inside, move Roach or J. Williams to play on the outside until Pisa can get back. Is there any definite word on how long he is out. I don't know much about how long it takes to recover from a PCL. I also expect that we will do everything in our power to get Derrick Brooks in. Like La Confora said he has strong ties to Marinelli and Coach Smith and knows this defense and its not like he can't play anymore. I was very impressed last night with our entire DLine. The Packers Oline, especially BarByre(sp?) had no answer for Ogun and I saw Anderson flying around everywhere even Brown got into the action. I believe that GB has a better Oline than Pittsburgh so next week will be interesting considering how bad there Oline is and they can't run or pass protect well at all. At this point i am more worried about Pisa as our Defense played very well last night. We held Rodgers to under 200 yards passing and they never did find much room to run.

I heard 4-6 weeks for Pisa. don't know who reported it. just passed along from a friend

No way, One thing to be said, we are very deep at LB this year. Almost like it was fore seen by JA and lovie, Url is true middle LB now.

As for FA LB's out there here is some with interest.

Napoleon Harris

Willie McGinest

Ryan Nece

Derrick Brooks

Not really much to choose from. Could they bring Malast back?

From KFFL

Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:08:40 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears are expected to sign unrestricted free-agent LB Tim Shaw (Jaguars) to a one-year deal pending passing a physical.

Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:37:59 -0700

George Smith, of ESPNews, reports Chicago Bears LB Hunter Hillenmeyer will replace injured LB Brian Urlacher (wrist) at middle linebacker, while LB Lance Briggs and LB Pisa Tinoisamoa will remain as the outside linebackers.

I also continue to hear we are interest in D Brooks.