Off Topic: New Bears Fan

DABEARSDABOMB

I briefly mentioned this in the game thread, but this weekend, my girlfriend bought herself a Cutler jersey and treated me to a trip to Chicago which included tickets to the Bears/Steelers game. In week one she went crazier than I did during the Bears game (especially at the end) and while she's a noob to the sport of football she is now reading the Tribune to try and learn more, haha, and has actually became a fan of the Bears, especially after seeing the game in person for week 2 and taking part in Bear Down Chicago Bears.

Anyway, after the game and after a romantic dinner, I proposed to her and am now engaged. Crazy to think when I first started posting on this site (back on Dabearsshrine) I was probably a snot nosed 14 to 15 year old who had a love affair for Curtis Conway, haha.

I briefly mentioned this in the game thread, but this weekend, my girlfriend bought herself a Cutler jersey and treated me to a trip to Chicago which included tickets to the Bears/Steelers game. In week one she went crazier than I did during the Bears game (especially at the end) and while she's a noob to the sport of football she is now reading the Tribune to try and learn more, haha, and has actually became a fan of the Bears, especially after seeing the game in person for week 2 and taking part in Bear Down Chicago Bears.

Anyway, after the game and after a romantic dinner, I proposed to her and am now engaged. Crazy to think when I first started posting on this site (back on Dabearsshrine) I was probably a snot nosed 14 to 15 year old who had a love affair for Curtis Conway, haha.

If you were a snot nosed 14-15 yr old back then, how old does that make you now. I think I would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes. My wife is a fan and since we met she has at least paid attention to the game and does know about some of the players but she is far from being DIE HARD like some of us crazy people lol. You all know who you are. I do. congrats once again. I can still remember when Pixote told me about the site about 4 years ago now I think it was. Hard to believe but I am still here and most of you have seen me get married and have 1 child with another one on the way. I can't say I enjoy every minute listening to the posts especially last year with NFO and CDog. lol.

Congrats!

Sounds like you've got a keeper!

If you were a snot nosed 14-15 yr old back then, how old does that make you now. I think I would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes. My wife is a fan and since we met she has at least paid attention to the game and does know about some of the players but she is far from being DIE HARD like some of us crazy people lol. You all know who you are. I do. congrats once again. I can still remember when Pixote told me about the site about 4 years ago now I think it was. Hard to believe but I am still here and most of you have seen me get married and have 1 child with another one on the way. I can't say I enjoy every minute listening to the posts especially last year with NFO and CDog. lol.

Haha, thanks again. I'm now 26 years old. So I've gone through high school, college, and 4 years as a working stiff but never have I changed Bear sites, haha.

Haha, thanks again. I'm now 26 years old. So I've gone through high school, college, and 4 years as a working stiff but never have I changed Bear sites, haha.

I check this site everyday, and I can't even say that about my facebook or email. Love these guys. Congrats man and best of luck.

So now you are an older snot nosed kid :)

JK. Congrats.

Congratulations. Good story.

Now, I'm not saying it is a certainty, but after about 10 or so years and she starts recording over games and planning activities during games. Remind her of that great weekend when there was a bears game and then a ring. The bears are a family tradition. My daughter's favorite thing to do is watch a game with her dad. My four year old is juiced because he finally inherited the Urlacher jersey from his older brother. Traditions aren't made by taking weekends off.