Dream Scenario

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Since last year ive wanted a freak in the secondary, Taylor Mays has not been picked and is a friggin beast. Dont get me wrong, id rather get Nate Allen in thre 3rd, but he wont be there, guaranteed, probably Burnett either.

Unheard of size and speed, dont care why other teams pass, what do they know?

Guest TerraTor
Since last year ive wanted a freak in the secondary, Taylor Mays has not been picked and is a friggin beast. Dont get me wrong, id rather get Nate Allen in thre 3rd, but he wont be there, guaranteed, probably Burnett either.

Thats my point, a deal needs to get done to get the hell up there and get him

Guest TerraTor

See above

ANyways, here it is .....

Rams open to offers for first pick in second round

Apr

4/23/2010 9:50:53 AM | More

Bill Coats of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports The Rams are on the clock at No. 33. "We just have to figure out ... keep the pick, or if it's an option, we'll see whether to trade the pick," Rams GM Billy Devaney said. "And then how far, how deep we want to go back" in the draft if they deal the spot.

This year, with the teams having nearly a full day to contemplate Round 2 instead of just a handful of minutes under the old format, Devaney could, indeed, wind up fielding a glut of phone calls inquiring about the 33rd spot.

"Let's face it: There's a lot more interest generated in 24 hours than when you have 15 minutes," Spagnuolo said.

"It does at least give us more time to weigh options if we do get calls, which is kind of neat," Devaney said. "And hopefully there might be a team that thinks that's their last chance to get a certain position ... so maybe they'd be willing to move up."

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Make the deal

Guest TerraTor
I don't remember where I saw it, but the knock on mays was that he didn't run as fast at the combine as expected and he may have issues in coverage.

No truth there. In the side by side comparison, it appeared he beat Jacoby Ford, a 4.43 which he was credited, is rediculous either way.

No truth there. In the side by side comparison, it appeared he beat Jacoby Ford, a 4.43 which he was credited, is rediculous either way.

yeah speed was certainly NOT the issue....dude ran 4.4 officially and they unofficially had him a 4.24 ....for a Safety both times are fast (the 4.24 is ridiculous), and for a safety his size, even in the 4.4 area you are talking about elite size and speed (in terms of measurables not too unlike urlacher coming out of college)

the knock on him is that he hasn't been good in coverage (so our coaching staff should love him at safety) and he wasn't a big play maker on the ball in college....at least not this past year when didn't have 3 above average NFL linebackers playing front of him

Guest TerraTor
yeah speed was certainly NOT the issue....dude ran 4.4 officially and they unofficially had him a 4.24 ....for a Safety both times are fast (the 4.24 is ridiculous), and for a safety his size, even in the 4.4 area you are talking about elite size and speed (in terms of measurables not too unlike urlacher coming out of college)

the knock on him is that he hasn't been good in coverage (so our coaching staff should love him at safety) and he wasn't a big play maker on the ball in college....at least not this past year when didn't have 3 above average NFL linebackers playing front of him

nobody can be worse than D. manning so im all for it

I don't see the Bears having the ammunition to get up to the Rams pick, particularly with other teams really pushing for the pick with even more to offer. But I do see how this could ultimately work in the Bears' favor. Let's say the Rams do trade down to one of the teams looking at Clausen/McCoy (Bills, Browns, Raiders). Even after they trade down, Taylor Mays is available when they pick and is the best guy on their board. If they take him, that might make them more comfortable trading Otogwe.

Guest TerraTor
I don't see the Bears having the ammunition to get up to the Rams pick, particularly with other teams really pushing for the pick with even more to offer. But I do see how this could ultimately work in the Bears' favor. Let's say the Rams do trade down to one of the teams looking at Clausen/McCoy (Bills, Browns, Raiders). Even after they trade down, Taylor Mays is available when they pick and is the best guy on their board. If they take him, that might make them more comfortable trading Otogwe.

Actually, Atogwe isnt theirs. He wont sign a tender and once June 1st comes hes gone.

I agree, to many people with more picks to move up. Jerry said if one DB is on the board, they will take him or best available. I think that person is Burnett/GT. Otherwise, dont count out a DT as in Lamar Houston/Texas, they like him alot.

I was hoping Taylor Mays would come out last year and we'd have been able to draft him at #15 or wherever we were.

I just don't see us having the ammo to go get him.

Yeah, he also has problems moving laterally and tackling in space. He'll lay out a receiver who's flat-footed or looking the other way, but if the ballcarrier sees him coming, Mays struggles to break down and make the tackle. He's basically a straight-line hitting machine. I think the best fit for him is going to be as a situational pass rusher at outside linebacker, honestly.