The Offensive Line

jason

Honestly, the game against the Giants was the worst performance by an OL in perhaps the history of the NFL. Let that sink in. The HISTORY of the NFL.

If the Bears do not draft OL multiple times in the first four rounds, then it's the most incompetent front office in the NFL.

Exactly.

I don't see it happening. Angelo will want another DT and DB...

Honestly, the game against the Giants was the worst performance by an OL in perhaps the history of the NFL. Let that sink in. The HISTORY of the NFL.

If the Bears do not draft OL multiple times in the first four rounds, then it's the most incompetent front office in the NFL.

We can't fix it because we don't have any good players to replace them with. There really is not one average lineman on the team, there really isn't. It's Angelo's fault. First he drafts a bust in Chris Williams, then he neglects the offensive line for 2 years in a row when it was clear it was our most needed position. I thought Martz was smarter than he is after the Dallas game when he actually adjusted the playcalling to fend off the Dallas pass rush but in this game there was none of it. I'm not a coach but it doesn't take one to realize that when there is a ton of pressure you throw screens and short quick passes.

100% agree. As we all watch Peppers & Urlacher play at ridiculously high levels, it's pretty obvious: with just a competant OL this team would be a Super Bowl contender

what's c Williams status? And what are the chances after this game Angelo tries to do something

We're all in agreement, and some of us have been screaming it for several years, yet the Bears' front office continues to ignore the OL.

Where are all the people saying that we don't know anything because we're on a message board and not on the sideline? Can it even be argued by ANYONE at this point that the OL is the worst in the NFL, maybe historically bad, and it could potentially cause the Bears to waste a season in which the D is finally healthy and playing at a fairly high level? Not to mention potentially getting Cutler paralyzed.

Pisses me off so much.

We're all in agreement, and some of us have been screaming it for several years, yet the Bears' front office continues to ignore the OL.

Where are all the people saying that we don't know anything because we're on a message board and not on the sideline? Can it even be argued by ANYONE at this point that the OL is the worst in the NFL, maybe historically bad, and it could potentially cause the Bears to waste a season in which the D is finally healthy and playing at a fairly high level? Not to mention potentially getting Cutler paralyzed.

Pisses me off so much.

Oh the O line is bad, I have agreed with that from day one,

but where are all these magical adjustments from Martz.

This has been my worry with Martz since he got hired.

In 7 rounds of the NFL draft next year atleast 4 of them should be OL and definitely in round 1 and 2. Angelo keeps trying to spend picks on defensive lineman and safeties and they end up being busts, he can't keep replacing the same problem over again. Hopefully after drafting 4 offensive lineman you'd think one of them will be good and atleast 2 of them may become starters there rookie years. I mean it doesn't take much to defeat this competition. This is the year where we can see where Chris Williams projects and I'd say right now he's not looking good, in fact he's been downright awful. I've only seen one flash of him being really good the night we played the Vikings the last game of the season last year. He owned Jared Allen pretty good but now he looks like a practice squad player. I'm hoping he can come back next week or the following because we can't keep shifting our guys around like we are. They're bad as it is, we are just adding more fuel to the fire by putting them in positions to fail.

In 7 rounds of the NFL draft next year atleast 4 of them should be OL and definitely in round 1 and 2. Angelo keeps trying to spend picks on defensive lineman and safeties and they end up being busts, he can't keep replacing the same problem over again. Hopefully after drafting 4 offensive lineman you'd think one of them will be good and atleast 2 of them may become starters there rookie years. I mean it doesn't take much to defeat this competition. This is the year where we can see where Chris Williams projects and I'd say right now he's not looking good, in fact he's been downright awful. I've only seen one flash of him being really good the night we played the Vikings the last game of the season last year. He owned Jared Allen pretty good but now he looks like a practice squad player. I'm hoping he can come back next week or the following because we can't keep shifting our guys around like we are. They're bad as it is, we are just adding more fuel to the fire by putting them in positions to fail.

Williams played 1 game and about 5 plays this year. Way to early to project on him. I think I have seen enough of Frank 'Ohmygod' to know he will forever suck. Looks like they are groomin Webb which is a good thing. If he can take over at RT then fine. Kruetz needs to go. He is done.

Peace :dabears

Pisses me off so much.

Lets not get into this argument again. Of course, all of us think this o-line is bad. Further, all of agree that Angelo has been pitiful when drafting o-line.

Oh the O line is bad, I have agreed with that from day one,

but where are all these magical adjustments from Martz.

This has been my worry with Martz since he got hired.

I don't think you'll find a single soul saying that Martz is absolved of blame on this one. He called an atrocious game, and never adjusted to protect Cutler. With that said, my god, the OL has been bad for several years now, and many have said as much. When will it be addressed?

Meanwhile, teams like the Jets invest heavily in the OL, and they are just running the hell out of the ball.

Lets not get into this argument again. Of course, all of us think this o-line is bad. Further, all of agree that Angelo has been pitiful when drafting o-line.

It's worth bringing back up after a game like this one. For multiple years there has been a very vocal group who have said the OL was priority #1. Meanwhile, others have sided with Angelo and Lovie, using the "you don't work in the NFL so you don't know anything" garbage as a weapon in the debate.

The entire time it's been the OL.

I've been saying for a while, if Tice is able to do anything with this group, than he's the greatest oline coach ever. This line is freakin terrible.

And if anyone and I mean anyone wants to give CUtler any blame, than they need a serious dose of reality. No QB and I mean no QB would be able to succeed in that environment. The fact that he was still alive in this game is shocking enough to me.

It sucks that we have a franchise QB but hinder him so massively.

I don't think you'll find a single soul saying that Martz is absolved of blame on this one. He called an atrocious game, and never adjusted to protect Cutler. With that said, my god, the OL has been bad for several years now, and many have said as much. When will it be addressed?

Meanwhile, teams like the Jets invest heavily in the OL, and they are just running the hell out of the ball.

I will definitely agree with Martz not making some serious adjustments. I also want to poitn out that I now can't stand Collinsworth. I'm literally convinced Cutler pissed in his cheerio's or something.

NO QB in NFL history would have been able to do anything in last nights game. And for those saying Orton is the savior, Orton would have died.

Oh, and thanks God we signed Manumaleuna to act as a 6th Offensive lineman. He was terrible last night and hasn't done a thing this year to tell me he's better than Kellen Davis at anything.

He needs to be cut. He blocks as bad as Greg Olsen. Oh and I'm so sick of Olsen's up and downs. The guy gives up on passing plays, blocks worse than me. He's such a jackass.

I've been saying for a while, if Tice is able to do anything with this group, than he's the greatest oline coach ever. This line is freakin terrible.

And if anyone and I mean anyone wants to give CUtler any blame, than they need a serious dose of reality. No QB and I mean no QB would be able to succeed in that environment. The fact that he was still alive in this game is shocking enough to me.

It sucks that we have a franchise QB but hinder him so massively.

really ya give Cutler no blame??

Just rewatched the first half & theres plenty of blame to go around

really ya give Cutler no blame??

Just rewatched the first half & theres plenty of blame to go around

Not being argumentative, flea, but what game are you watching? What camera angles are you watching? Unless there is a "right behind Jay Cutler"-cam, it's pretty difficult to blame much on Cutler. A few of the sacks were coverage sacks, and he could have gotten out of the pocket and ran for a few (or thrown it away), but just about every single play had a free-running 300 pounder running in a direct path to a stationary Cutler.

There is plenty of blame to go around. And it should probably go around the OL a few times before it makes its way to Cutler.

Guest TerraTor

Pisses me off so much.

Is Faneca still out there?

Not being argumentative, flea, but what game are you watching? What camera angles are you watching? Unless there is a "right behind Jay Cutler"-cam, it's pretty difficult to blame much on Cutler. A few of the sacks were coverage sacks, and he could have gotten out of the pocket and ran for a few (or thrown it away), but just about every single play had a free-running 300 pounder running in a direct path to a stationary Cutler.

There is plenty of blame to go around. And it should probably go around the OL a few times before it makes its way to Cutler.

you've just stated there where the blame is. Not arguing that the OL isn't at fault watched the same game & seen the D practically getting invited by th OL to hit Jay but he still could have avoided the sacks which is what I was saying. He'd still have gotten hit, but would have avoided the yardage loss