adam

Define Success for this year  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Define Success for this year

• Making the playoffs, one and done
    • 1 playoff win, getting to Championship
    • 2 playoff wins, getting to Super Bowl
    • Super Bowl win

I think it's already a succesful season considering how bad we were expected to be

I thought y'all were nuts for thinking that a 7-9 team last year would add Urlacher and Peppers and get worse.

That said, at the start of the year, I'd have called it a success for the Bears if they made the playoffs, and a major success if they won the division. They did both.

It'd just be disappointing now to be one and done...but I don't see how I could muster any anger over it.

I agree with Balta... Although I expected worse than 7 wins this year. The year is already wildly successful based on my expectations but... Expectations shift. Now that we're there, I'm hoping for more. But I won't be irrate if they don't win a playoff game either. Whoever we face is going to be good enough to beat us. But they'll both be teams we could potentially beat if we play well, too.

I thought y'all were nuts for thinking that a 7-9 team last year would add Urlacher and Peppers and get worse.

That said, at the start of the year, I'd have called it a success for the Bears if they made the playoffs, and a major success if they won the division. They did both.

It'd just be disappointing now to be one and done...but I don't see how I could muster any anger over it.

Agreed. But you know, the "window" is getting smaller with the D getting long-in-the-tooth". So I will be saddened if they are one and done.

I'd just like to see the D and the O show up together for a few games. No more of this "the D is playing great, but the O. . . ." and vice versa. Just havn't seen what this team can do when they are all clicking.

Of course as most will attest, the fact the Bears have made it this far, let alone as the #2 NFC seed going into the playoffs, exceeds most expectations. I chose the option to make the playoffs and get to the Championship game as that is what I am hoping is only the beginning of a run to the SUper Bowl. GO BEARS!!!!

Triva question: Who was the last player to tackle Brett Favre?

Answer below

I felt we could win 9 games with 10 being the absolute high win total for this team. Looking back at the season we could have easily won 12 games. Given our schedule and all the ups and downs (mostly downs) with the Oline I'm impressed where we are and we had a tough schedule. As it stands now the season is a success for me.

Like everyone else, now that we are here in the playoffs and knowing what kind of a team we are I fully expect us to be in the NFC championship game.

I think this team's success pisses me off even more that Angelo did nothing to address the O-Line. With some time, Cutler coulda made this offense elite and with that defense, we coulda seen something tremendous.

Still could I suppose but we're good, a lot better then I thought we'd be this season (I predicted 6 or so wins) and while I'm "satisfied", the what coulda been thing keeps popping into my head.

Anything short of winning 1 playoff game is a failure in my eyes. Yes, there weren't many of us here who predicted we'd be the #2 seed in the playoffs this year but it just makes you look bad if you don't win atleast one playoff game. But why stop there? The Bears need to win it all this year to avenge there loss in the Superbowl a few years ago. Hopefully we get lucky along the way and play a team like the Jets or Baltimore in the Superbowl instead of the Patriots or Steelers..

By all means, this was a successful year! No one predicted the Bears as a #2 seed. At best we had some predictions as a wildcard. I'm happy as long as we show up and put up a hell of a fight.

I like our chances, the teams that really put fear in me are two teams we beat (GB and PHI). They have defenses that attack the QB and that is our biggest weakness and quick striking offenses. We got to try some things out up at GB, so we have some knowledge of what won't work. If we can shutdown the high power offense of NO or slow down the balanced attack of ATL, which I can see, our Bears have a legit shot. I'm predicting a rematch CHI vs IND!!!

At the start of the year, I think I predicted 5-11. Sure, I never used to take preseason games with any meaning, but this was different. The OL looked like ASS.

But now that they're 11-5 and have a first round bye, I WANT them to advance to the Super Bowl at least. My heart and brain tell me there's no chance, but I'm hoping.