Cutler is my quarterback...

madlithuanian

I just thought I'd throw this out there as a final thought (a la Jerry Springer....)

Jay is my quarterback. He's a damn good QB. Not great. Not yet. Maybe he will be, maybe he won't. But I will say he's the best we've had in years. I also see improvement year to year. If he keeps improving, we might be extremely dangerous for many years.

I may not like Jay's propensity to throw off the back foot. I may not like some of the decisions he makes. I may not like some of the errant throws he makes. But, I love that he is a tough son of a bitch. He may not be pissing blood like Jimmy Mac or cutting his ringfinger off to play like Lott. But, he's taken about as many hits as I've ever seen one man take, and take it without complaining or bitching about it as Urlacher put it.

I'm no fan of how he presents himself for the most part. Me, I'm a Jimmy Mac guy. But if Jay wants to be Jay, that's fine by me as long as he performs and continues to grow as a player on the field. Unfortunately, his attitude irriates too many folks. And when something like the injury yesterday pops up on a guy people are already hating on, then it's just too easy.

But, I am here to just show that I am a fan of Jay Cutler. He is the Chicago Bears QB. The best one we've had in eons. And I like him more now than ever.

And like everything else he's weathered, he'll get through this bit of bad press until the story shifts to fellating Aaron Rodgers and an accused rapist, a real tough guy.

Bear Down Jay! (Heal up and work on those mechanics!)

PS - JA get some damn O line and WR help for the man!!!! Or step down!

I just thought I'd throw this out there as a final thought (a la Jerry Springer....)

Jay is my quarterback. He's a damn good QB. Not great. Not yet. Maybe he will be, maybe he won't. But I will say he's the best we've had in years. I also see improvement year to year. If he keeps improving, we might be extremely dangerous for many years.

I may not like Jay's propensity to throw off the back foot. I may not like some of the decisions he makes. I may not some of the errant throws he makes. But, I love that he is a tough son of a bitch. He may not be pissing blood like Jimmy Mac or cutting his ringfinger off to play like Lott. But, he's taken about as many hits as I've ever seen one man take, and take it with complaining or bitching about it as Urlacher put it.

I'm no fan of how he presents himself for the most part. Me, I'm a Jimmy Mac guy. But if Jay wants to be Jay, that's fine by me as long as he preforms and continues to grow as a plyer on the field. Unfortunately, his attitude irriates too many folks. And when something like the injury yesterday pops up on a guy people are already hating on, then it's just too easy.

But, I am here to just show that I am a fan of Jay Cutler. He is the Chicago Bears QB. The best one we've had in eons. And I like him more now than ever.

And like everything else he's weathered, he'll get through this bit of bad press until the story shifts to fellating Aaron Rodgers and an accused rapist, a real tough guy.

Bear Down Jay! (Heal up and work on thos mechanics!)

It would be foolish to even think of any other option than Jay Cutler at QB for the Bears. We paid alot of money and picks for him and he is obviously very talented. The sky is the limit if he can manage to get the mental part of the game down.

That being said, I wish he would act like more of a man and stop the pouting and sour attitude. He does himself no favours with the media and does not seem to understand that ultimately the fans pay the money that pays his salary.

As far as the recent injury questions, time will tell. It always does.

I may not like Jay's propensity to throw off the back foot. I may not like some of the decisions he makes. I may not some of the errant throws he makes. But, I love that he is a tough son of a bitch. He may not be pissing blood like Jimmy Mac or cutting his ringfinger off to play like Lott. But, he's taken about as many hits as I've ever seen one man take, and take it with complaining or bitching about it as Urlacher put it.

if cutler wasn't a pussy he would have cut his own leg off above the knee, tied it off with a tourniquet and duct taped a sideline marker to his leg as a peg and gone back out there. what a wimp!

I'm no fan of how he presents himself for the most part. Me, I'm a Jimmy Mac guy. But if Jay wants to be Jay, that's fine by me as long as he preforms and continues to grow as a plyer on the field. Unfortunately, his attitude irriates too many folks. And when something like the injury yesterday pops up on a guy people are already hating on, then it's just too easy.

Bear Down Jay! (Heal up and work on thos mechanics!)

Amen!

I may not like Jay's propensity to throw off the back foot. I may not like some of the decisions he makes. I may not like some of the errant throws he makes. But, I love that he is a tough son of a bitch. He may not be pissing blood like Jimmy Mac or cutting his ringfinger off to play like Lott. But, he's taken about as many hits as I've ever seen one man take, and take it without complaining or bitching about it as Urlacher put it.

I'm no fan of how he presents himself for the most part. Me, I'm a Jimmy Mac guy. But if Jay wants to be Jay, that's fine by me as long as he performs and continues to grow as a player on the field. Unfortunately, his attitude irriates too many folks. And when something like the injury yesterday pops up on a guy people are already hating on, then it's just too easy.

Bear Down Jay! (Heal up and work on those mechanics!)

Double Amen

Mad Lith,

I like what you have to say and have learned as I have watched things through out today that this may not have all been Cutler's fault. FOX did not do a good job with getting the right information out to the broadcasters. The Bears themselves did not handle the situation right in reporting that there was a chance that Cutler might be back versus stating that he definitely was done for the day. Many things happen for a reason and I agree that Cutler has improved from last season to this with a line that still is getting him killed. The only issue I have that a lot of people are expressing are his mannerisms that he exudes. The thing as well and until I heard his press interview in the locker room that the doctors or trainers did tape his knee and it was a no go at that point, the thing getting everyone myself included was the lack of information. Jay is definitely better than anyone since Jimmy Mac and still has the potential to be a great one. I just wish as you stated that JA would get off his arse and find linemen who will better protect this investment. I read somewhere that Tice should tell all the offensive linemen that come training camp in 2011 that all positions are up for grabs and those who definitely play the best will deserve to start. I just hate losing as I am sure that most of the people here, to the Cheese Heads. There is nothing worse than the Cheese Heads getting the trophy named in honor of the man who got the NFL off and running and it is even worse that they obtained it by defeating us. I still think that the NFL should have named the Super Bowl Trophy for Papa Bear however, that is another thread for another time.

Very well put Mad Lith. I am glad to see someone has finally come to their senses and realized that Jay is who he is. Most importantly he is the Chicago Bears QB and hopefully will be for many years to come.

People have to realize that the Bears probably would not have gotten to where they were had they not had Cutler. As Cowherd and even Dilhole pointed out earlier on "The Herd", the kid was sacked almost 60 times and still posted a winning season. He, like many others in the NFL, accumulated a lot of "dings" over the season, has Type 1 diabetes and has only missed one game in his career. If he couldn't play, he couldn't play. The kid is tough there is absolutely no doubt. He is passionate about playing for his team that is also absolute. What he may not like doing is talking to people about the game or who he is dating. He won't look you in the eye when he talks. So friggin what? As Urlacher so "eloquently" pointed out, Cutler is our QB and that is good enough for me. As Mad Lith pointed out, go get better and enjoy some well earned time off. When camp starts, be ready to get started on another run. We'll be waiting.

And as far as a few other things I am glad about; I am glad that Hanie is the #2 QB should we need him (they surely won't keep Collins right?). And that Lovie is our coach. Right Mad Lith?

Here's to going to one step further in 2011.

I'm no fan of how he presents himself for the most part. Me, I'm a Jimmy Mac guy.

I hope your refering to the Jimmy Mac on the field and not the Jimmy Mac since retirement. The one since retirement is a douschbag (pissing on greens at pro-am tournaments, not showing up for events).

Peace :dabears

Thanks...

I totally agree with you. Fox and the bears team did a really poor job in giving out info. Keeping info close to their chest, really backfired in this instance. The Lombardi trophy was just timing... Thankfully it's not the Favre trophy! I'm sure there's an ammendment coming soon!

Mad Lith,

I like what you have to say and have learned as I have watched things through out today that this may not have all been Cutler's fault. FOX did not do a good job with getting the right information out to the broadcasters. The Bears themselves did not handle the situation right in reporting that there was a chance that Cutler might be back versus stating that he definitely was done for the day. Many things happen for a reason and I agree that Cutler has improved from last season to this with a line that still is getting him killed. The only issue I have that a lot of people are expressing are his mannerisms that he exudes. The thing as well and until I heard his press interview in the locker room that the doctors or trainers did tape his knee and it was a no go at that point, the thing getting everyone myself included was the lack of information. Jay is definitely better than anyone since Jimmy Mac and still has the potential to be a great one. I just wish as you stated that JA would get off his arse and find linemen who will better protect this investment. I read somewhere that Tice should tell all the offensive linemen that come training camp in 2011 that all positions are up for grabs and those who definitely play the best will deserve to start. I just hate losing as I am sure that most of the people here, to the Cheese Heads. There is nothing worse than the Cheese Heads getting the trophy named in honor of the man who got the NFL off and running and it is even worse that they obtained it by defeating us. I still think that the NFL should have named the Super Bowl Trophy for Papa Bear however, that is another thread for another time.

Every now and then I can be level headed! :cheers

Let's not get carried away on coaches yet! Although I hear an extention is coming. I'm not thrilled, but not surprised. Seems inevitable...

Very well put Mad Lith. I am glad to see someone has finally come to their senses and realized that Jay is who he is. Most importantly he is the Chicago Bears QB and hopefully will be for many years to come.

People have to realize that the Bears probably would not have gotten to where they were had they not had Cutler. As Cowherd and even Dilhole pointed out earlier on "The Herd", the kid was sacked almost 60 times and still posted a winning season. He, like many others in the NFL, accumulated a lot of "dings" over the season, has Type 1 diabetes and has only missed one game in his career. If he couldn't play, he couldn't play. The kid is tough there is absolutely no doubt. He is passionate about playing for his team that is also absolute. What he may not like doing is talking to people about the game or who he is dating. He won't look you in the eye when he talks. So friggin what? As Urlacher so "eloquently" pointed out, Cutler is our QB and that is good enough for me. As Mad Lith pointed out, go get better and enjoy some well earned time off. When camp starts, be ready to get started on another run. We'll be waiting.

And as far as a few other things I am glad about; I am glad that Hanie is the #2 QB should we need him (they surely won't keep Collins right?). And that Lovie is our coach. Right Mad Lith?

Here's to going to one step further in 2011.

It's the slobs vs the snobs! Caddyshack III!

McMahon has always been boorish...nothing he does now is a surprise. And in fact, his memory is so bad, I'm not sure he dissed the events on purpose!

I still love the guy like a crazy uncle...

I hope your refering to the Jimmy Mac on the field and not the Jimmy Mac since retirement. The one since retirement is a douschbag (pissing on greens at pro-am tournaments, not showing up for events).

Peace :dabears

I too support Jay Cutler and look forward to seeing what he may becomes over the rest of his career. To be honest I think this little setback will allow the Bears to fix there issues and be back next year ready to get to the SB and win!

As far as mannerism and such I am not sure what people are expecting? Jay is not a rah rah type guy and that is okay by me. He leads in the huddle and that is what matters. I live in Denver and the local am sports show (former bronco Mark Schlerith & co) they were absolutely crucifying Jay. Mark kept sayoing that they wanted to see Jay to fight to get back on the field and they did not like they way he looked on the sidelines. What the hell is a guys supposed to do? I saw a guy that looked devastated, frustrated, dejected and upset that he was not playing well and got hurt and unable to return. Additionally, he had to be feeling like he let the world down knowing that Collins was going into the game.

The Denver sports guys were even trying to spin the injury into a benching based on his play. How ridiculous is that!

I really was hoping Cutler would have a great game and beat the packers so that he could be vindicated, the entire team vindicated from the lack of respect they received this year.

Here to hopefully a great off season so we can start the next season with a chip and get another crack at the NFC title game!!

Bear Down!