Bears @ Titans, 8/27/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dez hurt means Kyle Adams makes the team

He had a good chance of making it anyway since he was running with the top ST's. That being said, I have 2 questions:

1. It just realized I have not heard Gholston's name or seen him. Is he getting the Chester Taylor treatment?

2. Does Will To 'O Fu (bad spelling) make the team? I never thought we'd keep a fullback, but he was out and active early.

He had a good chance of making it anyway since he was running with the top ST's. That being said, I have 2 questions:

1. It just realized I have not heard Gholston's name or seen him. Is he getting the Chester Taylor treatment?

2. Does Will To 'O Fu (bad spelling) make the team? I never thought we'd keep a fullback, but he was out and active early.

I saw Gholston in at the start of the 2nd half

The D looks good , That Monday game looks more and more like a fluke, Great Penetration in middle and off the edges. Solid Run D, I am really getting pumped about this season, I had my doubts but if this persists we are in buisness

I would hope that's what it is, a fluke.

Without being able to see the game until the replay tomorrow I am going to play "Devil's Advocate" to my normal self. By reading these posts it is obvious that when the team does well, everyone is happy and few are convinced that they have solved most (not all) their ills. Then when things start not going well, well the posts reflect. "Contagious drops spreading to Hester", "Gould's missing", "Where is Okoye, Gholston and Taylor?"

I have to ask most of these questions are affecting normal starters. And does the Offense overall (not just Cutler and Forte) look improved? And consider who they are playing...a mediocre (at best) team in Tennesee. The Bears did ok against another mediocre team in Buffalo and fared not so well against a pretty decent team in the NYG. The things I would hope to see improved are consistancy in the Defense, WR's ALL catching their passes (not just Bennett) and the short game. Especially when it comes to goal line and 3rd and or 4th and short. (Did someone say Barber was hurt???? :o ) - that could be bad.

This is supposed to be the "dress rehearsal" to the regular season so I would hope the Bears are able to put it together CONSISTENTLY without showing their hand too much.

I would hope that's what it is, a fluke.

Without being able to see the game until the replay tomorrow I am going to play "Devil's Advocate" to my normal self. By reading these posts it is obvious that when the team does well, everyone is happy and few are convinced that they have solved most (not all) their ills. Then when things start not going well, well the posts reflect. "Contagious drops spreading to Hester", "Gould's missing", "Where is Okoye, Gholston and Taylor?"

I have to ask most of these questions are affecting normal starters. And does the Offense overall (not just Cutler and Forte) look improved? And consider who they are playing...a mediocre (at best) team in Tennesee. The Bears did ok against another mediocre team in Buffalo and fared not so well against a pretty decent team in the NYG. The things I would hope to see improved are consistancy in the Defense, WR's ALL catching their passes (not just Bennett) and the short game. Especially when it comes to goal line and 3rd and or 4th and short. (Did someone say Barber was hurt???? :o ) - that could be bad.

This is supposed to be the "dress rehearsal" to the regular season so I would hope the Bears are able to put it together CONSISTENTLY without showing their hand too much.

Well for your questions, The first team looked good. There were some drops by Hester and Williams But both redeemed themselves pretty well with good catches and one over the middle. I wouldnt call the Titans medicore, Above average is the word I woud use. According to the Titan Announcers, The Bear O line was domminating the titans D. And Forte had awsome runs and a screen for 40+ yards. The number one D looked good and gave up only 7 but was out pretty early. Okoye had sack but appeared to be holding his sternum like he rolled on something, He left after that.

Cutler had 174 yards passing in the first half. Overall Iam pleased with the outcome. Even though they lost by 1 point. There is a bunch to be happy about.

ROY WILLIAMS DROPPED A BALL AND LED TO AN INT!!!!

I was at the game and thought the DB was draped on Roy early. Not to mention the fact that the other defensive player cut right in front of the pass and obscured the view.

That was a very difficult catch to say the least.

Probably the worst throw I've ever seen by Caleb Haine right there. what the hell? That wasn't even within 15 yards of his receiver.

Agreed. I had a few friends with me at the game (various locations in the stadium) and I got multiple texts making fun of Hanie's throw. It was just a horrible throw. No miscommunication at all. Just a peewee league throw by Hanie.

Well for your questions, The first team looked good. There were some drops by Hester and Williams But both redeemed themselves pretty well with good catches and one over the middle. I wouldnt call the Titans medicore, Above average is the word I woud use. According to the Titan Announcers, The Bear O line was domminating the titans D. And Forte had awsome runs and a screen for 40+ yards. The number one D looked good and gave up only 7 but was out pretty early. Okoye had sack but appeared to be holding his sternum like he rolled on something, He left after that.

Cutler had 174 yards passing in the first half. Overall Iam pleased with the outcome. Even though they lost by 1 point. There is a bunch to be happy about.

FYI - Okoye came back in after that sack/chest combo. He even had a few tackles. In my opinion, he was the most impressive Bear yesterday.

I was at the game and thought the DB was draped on Roy early. Not to mention the fact that the other defensive player cut right in front of the pass and obscured the view.

That was a very difficult catch to say the least.

Roy Williams admitted he dropped the ball this time.

The Bears receiver pointed the finger mainly at himself for a first-drive miss that led to a Jay Cutler interception by Titans safety Michael Griffin. The turnover came immediately after Williams caught his first pass of the exhibitions for 17 yards.

"I mean, he was just putting the ball where it needed to be," Williams said of Cutler. "Right out the gate, the first play of the game, was on the money. And the second one, that's my fault. I still have to catch that one. Feel like there should have been a flag somewhere. But this is the NFL. Got past that one and you just go to the next play."

On the Bears' next drive, Johnny Knox was on the field. Williams cautioned not to read too much into it.

"Please don't look too far into that," Williams said. "We were rotating the whole night. … Tonight everybody made plays."

Williams had two catches for 33 yards and was targeted four times. Knox had one catch for 21 yards and was targeted three times.

"It felt good, saw some positive things," Knox said. "But there are some plays you wish you could have back. You have to learn from them and keep going."

Link