Joshua Moore cut?

Guest TerraTor

Ok it's no big deal ..to loose Moore..but this now gives our new safety his old number #31 without having to buy it.

I hope this is posted in a joking sense because with 3 CBs under 5-10 facing the teams in our division we would be in bad shape if J.Moore or DJ Moore were on the field for extended periods of time.

Not a big deal. I thought of DJ Moore

If he's bad, I'm glad we cut him. But I'm wondering why we couldn't figure out he was bad last year? So we just kept him for his potential which never appeared?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears like we have a lot of really bad players at the bottom of our roster:

--Enderle's bad & should be on the practice squad. If he leaves we can get Nathan Enderle. It's tough to immediatly cut picks.

--DE's: We found not one but TWO UDFA DE's. I understand we need depth since Wooton is hurt, but there is no way in hell Nick Reed and Mario Addison are both ready to contribute in the NFL.

--Dom DiCicco: I hope he's just here to keep Pisa's seat warm until he's healthy

--Winston Venable: He'd better be one helluva a special teams player cause he won't play safety.

--Kyle Adams: I know we like his potential, but don't tell me he's better then Dez Clark

--Dane Sanzenbacher: We'll never play him because he's too damn slow.

I hope like hell I'm wrong about these guys . . .

I'm rockin' the Nick Reed Kool-Aid. That dude just had a motor when I re-watched the last preseason game.

If he's bad, I'm glad we cut him. But I'm wondering why we couldn't figure out he was bad last year? So we just kept him for his potential which never appeared?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears like we have a lot of really bad players at the bottom of our roster:

--Enderle's bad & should be on the practice squad. If he leaves we can get Nathan Enderle. It's tough to immediatly cut picks.

--DE's: We found not one but TWO UDFA DE's. I understand we need depth since Wooton is hurt, but there is no way in hell Nick Reed and Mario Addison are both ready to contribute in the NFL.

--Dom DiCicco: I hope he's just here to keep Pisa's seat warm until he's healthy

--Winston Venable: He'd better be one helluva a special teams player cause he won't play safety.

--Kyle Adams: I know we like his potential, but don't tell me he's better then Dez Clark

Well if for nothing else, this could explain how the Bears are about $20 Mil or more under the cap. Bodes well for players like Forte and others that need work done on their contracts this year. And the possibility of more Meriweather-like signings.

The way I look at it, I don't see at it as "really bad" players at the bottom as much as I think pretty decent back-ups to some pretty good starters. Why would you really want high paid/quality players sitting on the bench?

Coach Toub is going to get most of these guys working in his ST scheme and help them learn the overall system to (hopefully) become regular contributors.

That is definitley the question of the hour for many of those guys.

But, you gotta love effort guys that get results! It's only preseason, and only against certain calibur guys...but it's all we have to work with right now!

Hell Yeah. It looked like he was playing for his life!!! I was impressed, but what will he do against 1st string starters as opposed to 2nd stringers from Cleveland.

I think you're wrong in your premise. The bottom of the roster is for developing players. Also, teams can't afford to have proven vets at all positions. Not only would the cap not allow it, but you would be cutting off your nose to spite your face regarding the future. Proven vets willing to sit on the bench aren't going to help you in the coming years when your current starters retire.

As for the guys you mentioned.....

Enderle -- I think that we can probably sneak him on the practice squad after a few weeks, but we learned our lesson about a drafted QB getting sniped during final cutdowns last year with LeFevour.

Reed and Addison -- Those guys both looked REALLY good from what I saw in the preseason. I wouldn't get too hung up over them being UDFAs because I personally think that the draft has become more about picking guys based more on when teams think other teams will draft them instead of how much they can help your team. Not all players fit for all schemes. I'm not sure how many teams run a Tampa-2 penetrating D-line scheme. These guys wouldn't fit on teams that run a 3-4 or on 4-3 teams like Jauron used to run. That being said, after their preseason showing, these guys would get sniped by teams that DO need the same type of player.

Dicicco - He has PLENTY of room to improve, but didn't look too incredibly awful.

Venable -- He is good at special teams AND I thought he looked decent for a UDFA.

Adams -- Considering he's a backup fullback, backup TE, and plays special teams - This one's just a no brainer. And btw - Dez looked like crap in preseason.

Sanz -- Did you even watch the preseason? He won't play? I think he certainly will. His playing time with the 1s increased as the preseason progressed. Martz AND Cutler like him. He'll play.

You might not be wrong about these guys, but you are wrong about the type of players at the bottom of a roster - any NFL roster.

Guest TerraTor

i usually dont put much stock into the hype guys like Sanzenbacher but i totally agree that he will contribute. How much I dont know. Maybe in this O as the slot, but not much else.

Sanzenbacher is very instinctive in how he runs his routes. He does those little things that QBs (and coaches) like in how he comes back towards the ball, or shifts away from a defender. After watching replays of him (gotta love the DVR) I can see why Cutler likes him. Jay knows he can throw away from a defender and Sanz will step into spot at the last moment. It has to make Cutler a lot more comfortable throwing into traffic. Earl Bennett has some of that ability as well but for Sanz to display it so early in camp is rare, at least among Bears WR history.

I'll add that I wasn't very high on him when the early reports came out but after watching him against some 1's in preseason he still looked good even though he's not that fast. I don't expect him to become something he's not, but I can see how he could be a solid backup WR for us, and eventually end up as a 3rd/4th WR in the league. It's not always about how fast you are, I know you have to have some of those guys but you also need others that know how to get open. If anything, watching Devin Hester's development has proven that.

I think you're wrong in your premise. The bottom of the roster is for developing players. Also, teams can't afford to have proven vets at all positions.

Agreed 100%. I just think we've taken it to the extreme this year.

Enderle -- I think that we can probably sneak him on the practice squad after a few weeks, but we learned our lesson about a drafted QB getting sniped during final cutdowns last year with LeFevour.

So then why wouldn't we just sign LeFevour?

Reed and Addison -- Those guys both looked REALLY good from what I saw in the preseason. I wouldn't get too hung up over them being UDFAs because I personally think . . .

I hope like hell you are right. It just reminds me of last year when we said we had two starting guards in Asiata & Louis.

Dicicco - He has PLENTY of room to improve, but didn't look too incredibly awful.

Maybe if he's your 6th LB. We might actually need him to play which is very concerning to me.

Venable -- He is good at special teams AND I thought he looked decent for a UDFA.

IMO, with the addition of Merriweather, one of our safeties needs to go. It's either him or Craig Steltz.

Adams -- Considering he's a backup fullback, backup TE, and plays special teams - This one's just a no brainer. And btw - Dez looked like crap in preseason.

He'll likely be inactive unless someone's hurt so it doesn't matter . . .

Sanz -- Did you even watch the preseason? He won't play? I think he certainly will. His playing time with the 1s increased as the preseason progressed. Martz AND Cutler like him. He'll play.

IMO he'll be a victim of the numbers crunch and be deactived weekly unless someone is hurt. Sanz isn't very good on special teams. Do you really think we'll keep 6 active WR's? Sam Hurd's been hurt, but we want him to be our special teams ace. Hester & Williams are the starters, and Bennett is our most reliable WR. Would we play Sanz over Knox?

You might not be wrong about these guys, but you are wrong about the type of players at the bottom of a roster - any NFL roster.

Give me an UDFA who's been in the league/practice squad for 2-3 years and had a chance to learn about NFL life, spent time in the weight room, and become a professional. Those are the guys I want filling out the bottom of the roster. I don't mind one or two undrafted rookies but this is ridiculous.

Sanzenbacher is very instinctive in how he runs his routes. He does those little things that QBs (and coaches) like in how he comes back towards the ball, or shifts away from a defender. After watching replays of him (gotta love the DVR) I can see why Cutler likes him. Jay knows he can throw away from a defender and Sanz will step into spot at the last moment. It has to make Cutler a lot more comfortable throwing into traffic. Earl Bennett has some of that ability as well but for Sanz to display it so early in camp is rare, at least among Bears WR history.

I'll add that I wasn't very high on him when the early reports came out but after watching him against some 1's in preseason he still looked good even though he's not that fast. I don't expect him to become something he's not, but I can see how he could be a solid backup WR for us, and eventually end up as a 3rd/4th WR in the league. It's not always about how fast you are, I know you have to have some of those guys but you also need others that know how to get open. If anything, watching Devin Hester's development has proven that.

Unless someone gets hurt or plays like crap, Sanz will be inactive. No way they activate 6 receivers for a game.

Peace :dabears

Actually, they might. From what I read, due to the new rules which will effectively have an extra player active for the bears, they seem to plan to use that spot for the extra WR.

Unless someone gets hurt or plays like crap, Sanz will be inactive. No way they activate 6 receivers for a game.

Peace :dabears

I dont understand this analysis. Are you watching the same preseason I did? None of your assesment makes any sense to me. Sorry just dont get it.