Chris Harris requests trade

flea

Link

Chicago Bears safety Chris Harris has formally requested to be traded after being benched for Sunday's 39-10 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

Albert Elias, Harris' agent, tweeted Monday that the Bears have granted him permission to explore a deal for his client in advance of Tuesday's NFL trade deadline.

Harris, who is serving his second tour of duty with the Bears after being traded to Carolina and then reacquired, missed time earlier this season with a hamstring injury. He struggled against Detroit after returning from the injury and was inactive for the Vikings game.

Harris told the Tribune last week that a trade request was a possibility after being notified of his demotion.

Well, he ain't getting a contract extension.

IMO Lovie having him IA last night was a BULLSHIT move pue & simple. He had a bad game last week coming off injury & on a shot pactice week. he has played well fo this team in the past & made big plays. If we tade him we WILL regret it come seasons end, not a doubt in my mind

IMO Lovie having him IA last night was a BULLSHIT move pue & simple. He had a bad game last week coming off injury & on a shot pactice week. he has played well fo this team in the past & made big plays. If we tade him we WILL regret it come seasons end, not a doubt in my mind

I agree somewhat that Harris should be upset about what transpired. But at the same time he should use that frustration towards bettering himself and improving. Whether it be to get better after being injured or just in general. How many Pro Bowls has Chris been to? I know Meriweather has been to two and with all his faults and despite being benched, haven't heard him complain about it.

Maybe this would be an opportune time for the Bears to make good at getting a player along the lines of OL or WR? I know Lloyd is still out there as is possibly R. Wayne. Think it safe to assume that Indy could use all the help it can get at Defense.

Sorry Chris, as much I like your play this isn't the way to deal with adversity. Good luck in wherever this leads.

The only reason he was inactive is because he "doesn't play special teams".

So maybe he needs to get off of twitter and work on his game.

I agree somewhat that Harris should be upset about what transpired. But at the same time he should use that frustration towards bettering himself and improving. Whether it be to get better after being injured or just in general. How many Pro Bowls has Chris been to? I know Meriweather has been to two and with all his faults and despite being benched, haven't heard him complain about it.

Maybe this would be an opportune time for the Bears to make good at getting a player along the lines of OL or WR? I know Lloyd is still out there as is possibly R. Wayne. Think it safe to assume that Indy could use all the help it can get at Defense.

Sorry Chris, as much I like your play this isn't the way to deal with adversity. Good luck in wherever this leads.

Maybe the reason Mariweather does not complain is because he saves money when he's off the field.

Guest TerraTor

After being benched because he was pathetic against the lions...Chris Harris is seeking trade.

Good, trade him to Chiefs for an OL...

You said it Chris "Its a business".... And in the words of Vincent K McMahon - You're Fired!!!

- EspnChicago says....he is asking permisson to seek a trade and be moved by tuesday's dedline

I can't believe I hay out-positive you on this...but I've got to think Smith has more reason than what we have heard. Knowing his persona as a players coach. harris must've done something far worse than just miss a few plays.

After being benched because he was pathetic against the lions...Chris Harris is seeking trade.

Good, trade him to Chiefs for an OL...

You said it Chris "Its a business".... And in the words of Vincent K McMahon - You're Fired!!!

- EspnChicago says....he is asking permisson to seek a trade and be moved by tuesday's dedline

The Chicago Bears wish you the best in your future endevours...lol

I honestly think Chris is getting a bad rap for his performance. We ALL thought he would be better. Maybe he wasn't ready to come back from the injury and rushed it a bit.

Just a thought, and I'm going to play the what if game...but what if he usually hit the wrong gaps but was able to make up for it and the injury slowed him down just a step? That one step could make the difference between a 4 yard gain and an 88 yd TD run.