Cutler's got a broken/injured thumb...

bschmaranz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bull shit reporting on Jensen. He played in the damn game after the apparent injury. He's going to play and he will be fine.. All that guy does is seek attention. It also should be worth mentioning that Ben Roethlisberger has played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand and it hasn't affected his play at all this season.

That's bull shit reporting on Jensen. He played in the damn game after the apparent injury. He's going to play and he will be fine.. All that guy does is seek attention. It also should be worth mentioning that Ben Roethlisberger has played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand and it hasn't affected his play at all this season.

Why don't we wait to see what happens. If they need to rest him for a few games, I can still see us winning 2 of the next 3 with Hanie at QB.

Peace :bringit

As is customary, the extreme worst is assumed. Not just in the status of Cutler himself or his ability to play but also that "the season will be lost" if he is unable. A microcosm of that scenario played itself out last year in the NFC Championship game and Hanie played admirably.

I side with Connor in why not wait and see what becomes of it? Didn't Cutler still throw pretty well after that INT? And continue the game?

The way things are shaping up the Bears are positioning themselves to be where the Packers were last year. And with the next game against them scheduled on Christmas wouldn't it be nice to turn the tables on them for the playoffs?

As is customary, the extreme worst is assumed. Not just in the status of Cutler himself or his ability to play but also that "the season will be lost" if he is unable. A microcosm of that scenario played itself out last year in the NFC Championship game and Hanie played admirably.

I side with Connor in why not wait and see what becomes of it? Didn't Cutler still throw pretty well after that INT? And continue the game?

The way things are shaping up the Bears are positioning themselves to be where the Packers were last year. And with the next game against them scheduled on Christmas wouldn't it be nice to turn the tables on them for the playoffs?

Even with Cutler out, I believe we could still win 5 of 6. It won't be easy but if we limit the mistakes we have a shot.

Peace :dabears

These reporters are just trying to up their twitter followers. Cutler said he was fine after the game and as I mentioned already, completed two passes, and took several more snaps under center after this thumb injury. There is no doubt in my mind that he is not going to miss the rest of the season because of this.

Guest TerraTor
These reporters are just trying to up their twitter followers. Cutler said he was fine after the game and as I mentioned already, completed two passes, and took several more snaps under center after this thumb injury. There is no doubt in my mind that he is not going to miss the rest of the season because of this.

Thats what i was thinking.

@peggykusinski

we'll show the 2nd qtr play in which it looks like @JayCutler6 was hit twice on his throwing thumb -- coming up @nbcchicago sports Sunday

@peggykusinski

my @nbcchicago photog jeff lauksmen has a shot of Cutler in 2nd qtr, with a KNOT bulging on his throwing hand... coming up on Sports Sunday

So he apparently injured it in the 2nd quarter and then wound up going on to have one of his best throwing days of the season.. But he's going to be out 6-8 weeks.

Yeah, but if he has surgery then he wont be able to play on it. He is not going to risk his throwing hand long term. Looks like Hanie is the man.

Then don't have surgery and play threw it if you can manage the pain. Your thumb is probably the least important part of being able to throw the ball accurately and his play after the injury pretty much goes along with that. I realize injuries aren't always the same but Ben Roethlisberger fractured his thumb a couple of weeks ago and hasn't missed a game yet. How bad can it be if he played 2 and a half quarters with it?

Wow, things just got real interesting. At 7-3 with one of the NFL's easier schedules from here on out, it looked like we had a very strong chance at playoffs (almost assured). Now we'll need to fight for our lives for every win.

We've got the Chiefs, the Broncos, the Seahawks, and the Vikes left...all are very beatable (plus Oakland and GB). Surely we can get 3 wins. 10 gets you in more times than not.

EDIT: ...did some checking. The way the NFC has turned out this year, there are only 4 teams with any real chance of a wildcard (that is, only 4 teams that aren't winning their division have a record of better than 4-6): Lions, Bears, Falcons, & Dallas/Giants (whichever one doesn't win the division, so they only count as 1 team). We've got a 2 game tiebreaker lead over Atlanta, so I'm not worried about them. IMO, we're just battling to not barely miss the playoffs because of Detroit and Dallas/Giants . If we can beat out either one of them, we're in.

EDIT2: After seeing a similar post on the official forums, I want to add that Dallas and the Giants play each other twice from here on out. If they don't split the series, that guarantees two losses for whichever team doesn't win that division.

Also, Detroit has a very difficult schedule: Chargers, GB, GB again, Saints, and Oakland (they also play Minny). We got really lucky this year in terms of competition for a wildcard spot.

Then don't have surgery and play threw it if you can manage the pain. Your thumb is probably the least important part of being able to throw the ball accurately and his play after the injury pretty much goes along with that. I realize injuries aren't always the same but Ben Roethlisberger fractured his thumb a couple of weeks ago and hasn't missed a game yet. How bad can it be if he played 2 and a half quarters with it?

lol, it could be pretty bad.

I disagree the thumb is the least important. Its very important. And it kind of explains why Cutler was throwing behind people today.

There is no way Cutler is going to risk his career to play with a jacked up thumb.

If he needs to get the surgery, then get the damn surgery.

I disagree the thumb is the least important. Its very important. And it kind of explains why Cutler was throwing behind people today.

There is no way Cutler is going to risk his career to play with a jacked up thumb.

Agreed 100%.

Peace :dabears

How would he be risking his career? It's not a tendon or a ligament. It's not his neck. He didn't shred a muscle. The thumb isn't weight bearing. If you're going to have an injury that you can't play on, a broken bone is pretty much what you want, right? In whatever manner that thumb sets they can just always surgically rebreak it later and set it right.

Another way to put it is...ever heard of someone's career ending because of a broken bone that wasn't in their spine?