Those who can go

Connorbear

Can't agree more. Jennings had a tiny few good moments this season, but doesn't compare to the multitude of bad.

I feel for Hanie. It's not his fault he sucks. It's the management and coaches, thinking he didn't suck.

Webb, for all the promise, it's just time to move on. Thankfully Carimi is back and maybe he or someone else can fill that void.

Hanie, Jennings, Webb and JA.

I cannot believe how pathetic this team looked in the second half. They packed it up and are ready for the off season. Hanie and Jennings should not play another down.

Peace :dabears

Can't agree more. Jennings had a tiny few good moments this season, but doesn't compare to the multitude of bad.

I feel for Hanie. It's not his fault he sucks. It's the management and coaches, thinking he didn't suck.

Webb, for all the promise, it's just time to move on. Thankfully Carimi is back and maybe he or someone else can fill that void.

I think Martz was pretty adamant that Hanie wasn't very good.

Cut---

Hanie. Toeina. Webb. Bowman. Hanie again. Omiyale. Roy Williams. Barber

Kick ---

Jennings. Conte. Get ur heads out of ur asses.

Fire--

Angelo. Martz.

Cut---

Hanie agree. Toeina disagree. Webb agree. Bowman disagree. Hanie again agree. Omiyale agree. Roy Williams agree. Barber wtf disagree

Kick ---

Jennings disagree. Conte disagree. Get ur heads out of ur asses.

Fire--

Angelo agree. Martz split.

You know, for all the bitching we have about the coaching staff, there weren't many complaints when Cutler adapted to Martz's play calling. Granted it's not the best play calling, but it did get us places. As everyone says, Martz's offense is TOUGH TO LEARN. I didn't expect Hanie to be THIS bad because of it though.

I think Martz more adapted to Cutler's complaints, than Cutler adapting to Martz....

You know, for all the bitching we have about the coaching staff, there weren't many complaints when Cutler adapted to Martz's play calling. Granted it's not the best play calling, but it did get us places. As everyone says, Martz's offense is TOUGH TO LEARN. I didn't expect Hanie to be THIS bad because of it though.

I never understood why a guy like Corey Graham can't get a shot at starting as a CB next to Tillman. He has excellent ball skills and with DJ Moore being the premiere nickelback you need to get the most out of your talent and Corey Graham is a more talented player than Tim Jennings.

Agree 100%. Jennings has killed this team the past few weeks and needs to go. Graham has more size and has excelled where ever he has played. Give him a shot.

Hanie, Jennings, Webb and JA.

I cannot believe how pathetic this team looked in the second half. They packed it up and are ready for the off season. Hanie and Jennings should not play another down.

Yes!!! Martz was right about Hanie. Tice is wrong on Webb, he ain't no LT.

My list starts with Lovie. Call it chicken vs egg, but talent evaluation, player development, game plan, coaches and in game adjustments are all on him.

Next is Angelo; tired of crappy OL and WR's and guys that can jump out of a swimming pool.

Ted Phillips: 20 million in reserve could have done something to make this team a superbowl contender, this year. (maybe it was over his head as well) Someone was cheap this year.

Martz=hate him.

Players= Omiyale, Roy, Hanie can all go.

I wish you had the say in operations...I am all for all your cuts.

My list starts with Lovie. Call it chicken vs egg, but talent evaluation, player development, game plan, coaches and in game adjustments are all on him.

Next is Angelo; tired of crappy OL and WR's and guys that can jump out of a swimming pool.

Ted Phillips: 20 million in reserve could have done something to make this team a superbowl contender, this year. (maybe it was over his head as well) Someone was cheap this year.

Martz=hate him.

Players= Omiyale, Roy, Hanie can all go.

Disagree on Jennings if nothing else he is adequate depth. He's had some good play & is a good tackler mostly. We have to stop giving up on DB's after they have an up & down season. Stop jettisoning them & try developing them

Why was GRAHAM on the Bench in favor of BOWMAN against Denver? I think Tim Jennings is an excellent tackler but has average cover skills which is better than Bowman (inconsistent tackler and poor coverage).

I wish GRAHAM was on the field more but I sure the coaches know more than us.

"Those who can go" - in order of importance:

1. PRESIDENT ted phillips - as president of football operations, i defy anyone to list his accomplishments that would come even close to retaining him in that stature. he is the biggest detriment to this franchise beside bad owners (who i would list first if i thought it were even romotely feasible they could be gone). if we had a real president of operations we would have been shed of angelo, lovie and all of his assistants years ago and probably most, if not all, of our college scouting department.

as it stands phillips would not have a CLUE who to hire to replace angelo without going through the fiasco he did last time finding this organization a GM. so unless he hired another failure in tim ruskell there is no relief on the horizen i can see.

2. GM jerry angelo - should have been fired 4-6 years ago. he has failed completely to perform the most important aspects of a GM which is drafting talent for our roster and choosing a head coach and assistants to coach them. the only reason he could possibly have retained his job so long is because of complete incompetence by the owners and president of football operations.

3. **COACH lovie smith - a coach with limited abilities who is stubborn and arrogant who is a poor judge of assistant talent and if he has had any input in the draft, a poor judge of college draft prospectives also. his system of defense is antiquated and his ability to adjust it to the present and future nfl is poor at best. he has limited the quality and capabilities of any assistant coaches by this system with no real possibilities in the future of competent coaches coming to chicago.

his abilities to coach draft picks and make them better at anything is highly suspect.

4. ASSISTANT COACHES - should be launched with the head coach with few exceptions. if lovie stays then the pool of any quality assistant coaches is so limited that i don't even see a replacement in the coaching ranks unless it is someone looking for their first job in the NFL. any new candidates would have only 2 years or LESS before lovie's undeserved contract extension expires.

many have called for OC martz's firing. before this happens there has to be a real candidate to replace him. who is going to jump into this continual *head-coach-lame-duck scenario that has any chance of real success given the lack of offensive talent on this roster? it is even a worse scenario to fire DC marinelli. so just to replace martz or marinelli without any real upgrade at these positions due to our GM and HC’s poor status in chicago in my opinion would be counterproductive.

5. PLAYERS TO CUT - agree with others on:

roy williams. just not consistent enough to justify a roster spot.

frank ohmy. maybe the worst offensive lineman to play in the NFL. never should have come here at that price in the first place.

caleb hanie. i was wrong, he is just not good enough or consistent enough to play in the NFL at this time.

who I do not agree on:

webb – many want to cut him this offseason. i do not, at least at this point. this does NOT mean we should retain him to be our LT. that said, he could perform the role of swing tackle similar to what st. claire was at the time at least until we draft or find better prospects (as if that will ever happen with the clowns running this sideshow). we desperately need depth on the OL.

our top priority should be to draft a high quality LT even if we have to move up in the draft to do so.

jennings – the same goes for him. if we cut him without a QUALITY replacement being drafted or acquired through free agency we will end up with who? bowman? graham? according to our coaching staff jennings is better than both. so either they are wrong (it wouldn’t be that big of a surprise) or both of these players have peaked out talent wise and at best are average DEPTH players. and yet again our poor drafting has neglected a key component to a defenses stability.

barber – strongly disagree on releasing him. a very solid back that gets the short yardage. hopefully these mental mistakes are a fluke and our coaching staff can actually coach him to become better (another stretch i suppose) and keep his head on straight.

======================================================================

**"By Jeff Dickerson

ESPNChicago.com

””I feel very comfortable having three years on my contract. It's plenty of time," Smith said. "I feel comfortable having all of us being connected together as far as the length of our contract. Again, I'm excited. It's exactly what I wanted."

Angelo said one of the positives of an extension for Smith is consistency in the organization.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6157599

this was from an article from last feb-2011. in my opinion it just exemplifies the poor management we have. ted phillips should be slapped silly for this extension when AGAIN it was not necessary to do so and leaves us with a lame-duck coach like last time.

EDIT: "three years" on his contract is "plenty of time"??? plenty of time for what? you have already have had EIGHT FRIGGIN YEARS lovie!!!!!!!!!

and what else does anyone think that our idiot gm would say? certainly not the main thought that it ‘keeps him out of the unemployment office’. and “consistency in the organization”? yea consistently bad!!

Sold!

"Those who can go" - in order of importance:

1. PRESIDENT ted phillips - as president of football operations, i defy anyone to list his accomplishments that would come even close to retaining him in that stature. he is the biggest detriment to this franchise beside bad owners (who i would list first if i thought it were even romotely feasible they could be gone). if we had a real president of operations we would have been shed of angelo, lovie and all of his assistants years ago and probably most, if not all, of our college scouting department.

as it stands phillips would not have a CLUE who to hire to replace angelo without going through the fiasco he did last time finding this organization a GM. so unless he hired another failure in tim ruskell there is no relief on the horizen i can see.

2. GM jerry angelo - should have been fired 4-6 years ago. he has failed completely to perform the most important aspects of a GM which is drafting talent for our roster and choosing a head coach and assistants to coach them. the only reason he could possibly have retained his job so long is because of complete incompetence by the owners and president of football operations.

3. **COACH lovie smith - a coach with limited abilities who is stubborn and arrogant who is a poor judge of assistant talent and if he has had any input in the draft, a poor judge of college draft prospectives also. his system of defense is antiquated and his ability to adjust it to the present and future nfl is poor at best. he has limited the quality and capabilities of any assistant coaches by this system with no real possibilities in the future of competent coaches coming to chicago.

his abilities to coach draft picks and make them better at anything is highly suspect.

4. ASSISTANT COACHES - should be launched with the head coach with few exceptions. if lovie stays then the pool of any quality assistant coaches is so limited that i don't even see a replacement in the coaching ranks unless it is someone looking for their first job in the NFL. any new candidates would have only 2 years or LESS before lovie's undeserved contract extension expires.

many have called for OC martz's firing. before this happens there has to be a real candidate to replace him. who is going to jump into this continual *head-coach-lame-duck scenario that has any chance of real success given the lack of offensive talent on this roster? it is even a worse scenario to fire DC marinelli. so just to replace martz or marinelli without any real upgrade at these positions due to our GM and HC’s poor status in chicago in my opinion would be counterproductive.

5. PLAYERS TO CUT - agree with others on:

roy williams. just not consistent enough to justify a roster spot.

frank ohmy. maybe the worst offensive lineman to play in the NFL. never should have come here at that price in the first place.

caleb hanie. i was wrong, he is just not good enough or consistent enough to play in the NFL at this time.

who I do not agree on:

webb – many want to cut him this offseason. i do not, at least at this point. this does NOT mean we should retain him to be our LT. that said, he could perform the role of swing tackle similar to what st. claire was at the time at least until we draft or find better prospects (as if that will ever happen with the clowns running this sideshow). we desperately need depth on the OL.

our top priority should be to draft a high quality LT even if we have to move up in the draft to do so.

jennings – the same goes for him. if we cut him without a QUALITY replacement being drafted or acquired through free agency we will end up with who? bowman? graham? according to our coaching staff jennings is better than both. so either they are wrong (it wouldn’t be that big of a surprise) or both of these players have peaked out talent wise and at best are average DEPTH players. and yet again our poor drafting has neglected a key component to a defenses stability.

barber – strongly disagree on releasing him. a very solid back that gets the short yardage. hopefully these mental mistakes are a fluke and our coaching staff can actually coach him to become better (another stretch i suppose) and keep his head on straight.

======================================================================

**"By Jeff Dickerson

ESPNChicago.com

””I feel very comfortable having three years on my contract. It's plenty of time," Smith said. "I feel comfortable having all of us being connected together as far as the length of our contract. Again, I'm excited. It's exactly what I wanted."

Angelo said one of the positives of an extension for Smith is consistency in the organization.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6157599

this was from an article from last feb-2011. in my opinion it just exemplifies the poor management we have. ted phillips should be slapped silly for this extension when AGAIN it was not necessary to do so and leaves us with a lame-duck coach like last time.

EDIT: "three years" on his contract is "plenty of time"??? plenty of time for what? you have already have had EIGHT FRIGGIN YEARS lovie!!!!!!!!!

and what else does anyone think that our idiot gm would say? certainly not the main thought that it ‘keeps him out of the unemployment office’. and “consistency in the organization”? yea consistently bad!!