Cutler outta control on twitter

CrackerDog

I'm in agreement on this point but you have to also add that this draft is deep with WR talent so there's even less reason to trade that pick for a WR, proven or not.

There are also a few big name WR free agents available. I would not give up our first round pick or Lance Briggs. Briggs is under contract and he would be foolish to hold out.

Guest TerraTor
I agree with you, he would do well here, but being under contract its not his choice. Why would they trade there only good WR?

The same reason Denver did. Cuz he is an idiot and they are stupid. Bring him back to Cutty

Guest TerraTor
Hell no. There are enough of FA WRs that can be had for similar money without giving the pick away.

No way it would cost 19 overall... Ive give them our 2nd like they traded for him and we take his contract

It appears Im alone on this but I still say Id give up our first for him. Granted I dont think thats what it would cost to get him, but even if it was I dont think its a bad deal. Between our pick at 19, Briggs and Marshall there are 2 proven commodities and 1 unknown and Id rather have the 2 guys who you know what youll get from. We also dont know which of these potential FA wrs will even be on the market or how many other teams will be pursuing them.

I just don't want to on principle. He was had for 2 2nd's. he hasn't gotten better. So, I'd offer slightly lower...maybe just one second. But, if we can get a Bowe or V-Jack, w/o losing a pick, that would be preferable to me.

It appears Im alone on this but I still say Id give up our first for him. Granted I dont think thats what it would cost to get him, but even if it was I dont think its a bad deal. Between our pick at 19, Briggs and Marshall there are 2 proven commodities and 1 unknown and Id rather have the 2 guys who you know what youll get from. We also dont know which of these potential FA wrs will even be on the market or how many other teams will be pursuing them.

I just don't want to on principle. He was had for 2 2nd's. he hasn't gotten better. So, I'd offer slightly lower...maybe just one second. But, if we can get a Bowe or V-Jack, w/o losing a pick, that would be preferable to me.

Remember though, he was had for 2 seconds...when he was clearly forcing the team to trade him and threatening to not play at all. That's not the case here. Miami doesn't have to trade him unless it's a deal that makes them solidly better.

Then I still think you go for V-Jack or Bowe. With any big name WR, we're going to have to pay a lot of money. But if you get a FA, then you don't lose draft picks that we desperately need...

Remember though, he was had for 2 seconds...when he was clearly forcing the team to trade him and threatening to not play at all. That's not the case here. Miami doesn't have to trade him unless it's a deal that makes them solidly better.

Then I still think you go for V-Jack or Bowe. With any big name WR, we're going to have to pay a lot of money. But if you get a FA, then you don't lose draft picks that we desperately need...

If we knew for sure we could get one of those two guys then I wouldnt make the deal either. However Id be surprised if Bowe were on the market and Vjax will be the top wr on most teams lists. I completely disagree with anyone who says theyd rather use that first rounder on a WR instead of trading it for Marshall. Thats actually insane to me how anyone would want that. If we were in range to get Blackmon thats one thing, but there may be 2-3 wrs off the board when we pick, Ill take Marshall all day. (The last part isnt directed to you madlith)

Bowe will probably tagged at minimum. I still think we play and play hard to get V-Jack or similar... If we can't nab him, then one can consider trading. But, money will be spent no matter what... The bears need to open the coffers like they did for Peppers to some degree. If there were no WR's to obtain in FA, then trading a #1 to get Marshall is fine, but there will be WR's in FA. Unlike this past year.

Gotcha...

:cheers

If we knew for sure we could get one of those two guys then I wouldnt make the deal either. However Id be surprised if Bowe were on the market and Vjax will be the top wr on most teams lists. I completely disagree with anyone who says theyd rather use that first rounder on a WR instead of trading it for Marshall. Thats actually insane to me how anyone would want that. If we were in range to get Blackmon thats one thing, but there may be 2-3 wrs off the board when we pick, Ill take Marshall all day. (The last part isnt directed to you madlith)

Actually you might well have a different WR trouble, 2 guys demanding the ball and not enough touches possible for either of them. That doesn't always work out well either.

With a successful running game, I think both players would get a pretty even distribution of the ball. Its a risk I would be willing to take. Its an area we NEED to strengthen.

With a successful running game, I think both players would get a pretty even distribution of the ball. Its a risk I would be willing to take. Its an area we NEED to strengthen.

Give me one of them and then a gamble guy on the other WR spot, either someone drafted maybe in round 2 or someone coming off an injury like Steve Smith

BUMP

More Cutler-the-GM tweets from today.

Love eddie RT @VanSwanson: @JayCutler6 @T_Scheff85 @dwass34 how about eddie royal

Great guy and a great coach. RT @ChiBears1985: @JayCutler6 So when are you and Jeremy Bates getting back together for another 4500 yards??

No brainer RT @KRock_19: @Shields3L Just read Bears could potentially trade their 3rd round picks for @BMarshall19 ....opinion?

He also went on to say that we shouldn't believe everything we hear via the media, in response to someone telling him that the media has been saying his relationship with Bates is "overstated."

He also mentioned wanting (his good friend, I may add) Tony Scheffler back.

Lastly, he retweeted this: Im lovin this talk of a reunion between @JayCutler6 @BMarshall19 & @T_Scheff85. As Bart Scott said, CANT WAIT!!!

I think Eddie Royal would be a really solid fit on this squad, especially if the Bears add in a #1. He's quick, good hands, solid route runner and comfortable with Jay. Put him with a #1 and Bennett (plus Knox and Hester) and I think that gives you 5 quality wide-outs who possess a multitude of skill-sets.

It would also give Toub some intriguing options on special teams since Bennett, Royal, Knox, and Hester are all at least pretty solid returners (some being elite returners).

• 2 months later...
BUMP

More Cutler-the-GM tweets from today.

He also went on to say that we shouldn't believe everything we hear via the media, in response to someone telling him that the media has been saying his relationship with Bates is "overstated."

He also mentioned wanting (his good friend, I may add) Tony Scheffler back.

Lastly, he retweeted this: Im lovin this talk of a reunion between @JayCutler6 @BMarshall19 & @T_Scheff85. As Bart Scott said, CANT WAIT!!!

No brainer RT @KRock_19: @Shields3L Just read Bears could potentially trade their 3rd round picks for @BMarshall19 ....opinion?

This was posted on JANUARY 13TH!!! Holy hell, what source does this Shields3L guy have?

This was posted on JANUARY 13TH!!! Holy hell, what source does this Shields3L guy have?

This is awesome, I remember this thread and the BMarsh reunion talk, it just died for a little while and I didn't think they would go this route.

This is awesome, I remember this thread and the BMarsh reunion talk, it just died for a little while and I didn't think they would go this route.

Ha! I'm just glad I didn't profess my love for the Marshall idea at time since he carries so much baggage with him. Let's hope for the best...

Ha! I'm just glad I didn't profess my love for the Marshall idea at time since he carries so much baggage with him. Let's hope for the best...

lol, I was all on board:

5 straight seasons with 1,000 yards, yes please. The Bears have not had one in a decade (2002 Booker).

So again, yes please!