WalterFootball (Bears Picks)and wishful thinking

Stinger226

Dennard/CB/Neb with first pick

Toon/WR/WI with the second pick

Zeitler/OG/WI with first of third round

Carder/MLB/TCU with second of third round

Green/TE/LouLaff with fourth round.

I think this would be a good draft if we still go after WR,DE,and OL in FAgency.

Lets say Mathis/DE/ Colts ( with new regime will probably take a fresh start attitude and let some of the older guys go.

Lets say Reggie Wayne/WR/Colts (same reason)

Lets say Eddie Royal/WR/ Den ( fresh start with the a qb he played well with)

Lets say Demetri Bell/LT/Buf (he is young and had an injury this year, but if Buffalo doesnt Franchise him, pay him;above average LT)

I would say this a realistic expectation. Bell will be expensive, and Mathis will require a good payday, but Wayne on a downside contract with Royal wanting a new start with Cutler.

Our WRs would be Toon, Bennett, Wayne, Royal, and Sauzenbacher. Hester as a special play WR,once in a while.

Our OL will be Bell, Williams, Garza, Spencer, Carimi.(Zeitler replace Spencer next year.)

Green will add a pass catching option at TE.

Carder will be Urlachers replacement in a year or two.

A needer quality CB.

Mathis a legitmate pass rusher opposite Peppers.

WE SHOOT, WE SCORE, WE WIN Walterfootball.com

I think this would be a good draft if we still go after WR,DE,and OL in FAgency.

Lets say Mathis/DE/ Colts ( with new regime will probably take a fresh start attitude and let some of the older guys go.

Lets say Demetri Bell/LT/Buf (he is young and had an injury this year, but if Buffalo doesnt Franchise him, pay him;above average LT)

I would say this a realistic expectation. Bell will be expensive, and Mathis will require a good payday, but Wayne on a downside contract with Royal wanting a new start with Cutler.

Our WRs would be Toon, Bennett, Wayne, Royal, and Sauzenbacher. Hester as a special play WR,once in a while.

Our OL will be Bell, Williams, Garza, Spencer, Carimi.(Zeitler replace Spencer next year.)

A needer quality CB.

WE SHOOT, WE SCORE, WE WIN

I'll pass on the 5'10" CB at #19. We could probably trade down to #25 and still get him. I believe CB is a need, but not higher than OL or WR.

Also, do we need to look for a pass catching TE?

I'll pass on the 5'10" CB at #19. We could probably trade down to #25 and still get him. I believe CB is a need, but not higher than OL or WR.

Also, do we need to look for a pass catching TE?

I would prefer a taller CB but they rate him the 3rd best CB in draft, there draft is judged by that. We definitely need a down the field TE, all good teams have one. On all the mock drafts I have looked at, (not that they know what there doing)he has been a first round pick except for one.

We better do better then Wayne and Royal at WR. Wayne should be if we strike out on Vjax, Bowe, Stevie or Coltson (depending on which are available) and if we did have to settle on him wed need to sign another WR better then Royal.

I was trying to be realistic in my expectations, we can all play fantasy football, but the Bears wont be.

A needer quality CB.

WE SHOOT, WE SCORE, WE WIN Walterfootball.com

That's a solid C- in my book.

1. The short DB in round 1 is horrible.

2. The TE in round 4 is a waste. I know you want a new TE because "everyone has one" but the two problems with that are A. Kellen Davis is talented, has shown promise, and hasn't been explored yet, B. There are other needs that need to be addressed more than TE.

3. Demetrius Bell as the answer at LT? You gotta be kidding me. The last thing the Bears need is yet ANOTHER LT prospect who shows talent but is injury prone. Bell has missed 17 games in 3 years because of injury. Pass.

4. Did Knox get cut?

I like the Toon, Zeitler, Carder picks though.

The last time the Bears had a free agent need that was as obvious and glaring as WR should be to them right now...they walked away with Julius Peppers.

I think they buy One big pay guy, I would. Like it be V jak or Bowe but I think Wash or Jets will pay more or Bowe probably team tag. There is only one LT and that is Bell from Buf worth going after. So what realisticly can we expect, probably not what I may want

I think they buy One big pay guy, I would. Like it be V jak or Bowe but I think Wash or Jets will pay more or Bowe probably team tag. There is only one LT and that is Bell from Buf worth going after. So what realisticly can we expect, probably not what I may want

The Bears ought to have much more money to spend in FA than the Jetropolitans, and frankly, both the Jets and Redskins have bigger needs. I wouldn't be shocked if both of them try to keep their cap space open to try to be the team trading for Manning.

The Jets in particular would be a perfect fit if they can pull together the cap space to do the trade.

Not a fan of Nick Toon. Screams bust right away to me and he's definitely going to be there in the 2nd round. CB isn't really that important of a need to spend a first round pick on. Rather it go towards a WR or OL.

As a Madison, WI resident (big Badger football fan) and have seen Toon in person 12-15 times....Toon would be a steal in the 2nd.

We don't know where Toon will go until he runs at the combine...bottom line. Kiper had him as a top 30 on his big board pretty much all year long.

Another point to touch on reference Toon's play his Sr. season was Russ Wilson wasn't a great fit for him. Don't get me wrong- Russ was a wonderful QB for the Badgers and was the main reason they went to the Rose Bowl. However, Russ didn't throw guys open as he just waited for guys to be open...thus is why Abbrederis got so many balls. Toon is a guy you can throw open, which is HUGE in the NFL because you don't have a WI OL that dominates all game and you can just sit and wait on people.

Add in the fact that his father was a great pro receiver with the Jets, the Badgers have turned in wonderful pass catchers over the years in Chris Chambers, Lee Evans, Owen Daniels, Lance Kendricks (project) and Travis Beckum (project)....what isn't to like about his pedigree?

I'm not at all saying Toon is a legit 1st Round pick, but he'll probably be close IF he runs well.

As a Madison, WI resident (big Badger football fan) and have seen Toon in person 12-15 times....Toon would be a steal in the 2nd.

We don't know where Toon will go until he runs at the combine...bottom line. Kiper had him as a top 30 on his big board pretty much all year long.

Another point to touch on reference Toon's play his Sr. season was Russ Wilson wasn't a great fit for him. Don't get me wrong- Russ was a wonderful QB for the Badgers and was the main reason they went to the Rose Bowl. However, Russ didn't throw guys open as he just waited for guys to be open...thus is why Abbrederis got so many balls. Toon is a guy you can throw open, which is HUGE in the NFL because you don't have a WI OL that dominates all game and you can just sit and wait on people.

Add in the fact that his father was a great pro receiver with the Jets, the Badgers have turned in wonderful pass catchers over the years in Chris Chambers, Lee Evans, Owen Daniels, Lance Kendricks (project) and Travis Beckum (project)....what isn't to like about his pedigree?

I'm not at all saying Toon is a legit 1st Round pick, but he'll probably be close IF he runs well.

I think Toon being on a run first offense will blossom in the NFL. He wont be a top 10 WR but not far behind. I think he will turn into a #1 WR for someone, and 2nd round is where he will be picked. The future will show whether he is a 4th round type. We all have opinions.

Guest TerraTor
That's a solid C- in my book.

1. The short DB in round 1 is horrible.

2. The TE in round 4 is a waste. I know you want a new TE because "everyone has one" but the two problems with that are A. Kellen Davis is talented, has shown promise, and hasn't been explored yet, B. There are other needs that need to be addressed more than TE.

3. Demetrius Bell as the answer at LT? You gotta be kidding me. The last thing the Bears need is yet ANOTHER LT prospect who shows talent but is injury prone. Bell has missed 17 games in 3 years because of injury. Pass.

4. Did Knox get cut?

I like the Toon, Zeitler, Carder picks though.

Short DB? Revis is barely 5'10

Guest TerraTor
The Bears ought to have much more money to spend in FA than the Jetropolitans, and frankly, both the Jets and Redskins have bigger needs. I wouldn't be shocked if both of them try to keep their cap space open to try to be the team trading for Manning.

The Jets in particular would be a perfect fit if they can pull together the cap space to do the trade.

Mannings career is over. No way he ever plays again.

Mannings career is over. No way he ever plays again.

Based on what? If that were true I think we'd have heard some rumors by now and if you have a link I'd like to see it.

I don't see anyone trading for Manning given his injury plus contract status. They won't be able to examine Manning until a trade is completed. Now if Indy pays him the $28mil bonus and then trades him then perhaps teams will be interested. However, eating $28mil is not something I can envision any owner doing. I think Indy boxed themselves into a corner but at the end they decide to rebuild around Luck and Peyton will be the top FA this offseason.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Colts owner Jim Irsay "will never trade" Peyton Manning.

Mort also reports both Irsay and Manning have emphatically denied discussing pushing back the March 8 due date for Manning's $28 million option bonus. The duo will "jointly determine" Manning's future, and the matter of Manning's potential release remains a "medical issue" for the time being. Our best guess remains that Manning will be released just before or on March 8. Jan 8 - 11:44 AM

Guest TerraTor
Based on what? If that were true I think we'd have heard some rumors by now and if you have a link I'd like to see it.

I don't see anyone trading for Manning given his injury plus contract status. They won't be able to examine Manning until a trade is completed. Now if Indy pays him the $28mil bonus and then trades him then perhaps teams will be interested. However, eating $28mil is not something I can envision any owner doing. I think Indy boxed themselves into a corner but at the end they decide to rebuild around Luck and Peyton will be the top FA this offseason.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Colts owner Jim Irsay "will never trade" Peyton Manning.

Mort also reports both Irsay and Manning have emphatically denied discussing pushing back the March 8 due date for Manning's $28 million option bonus. The duo will "jointly determine" Manning's future, and the matter of Manning's potential release remains a "medical issue" for the time being. Our best guess remains that Manning will be released just before or on March 8. Jan 8 - 11:44 AM

The fact that he cannot move his head sideways and risks paralysis with the slightest of hits.