Terrell Owens

jason

Please. If he opens the season with a 10 catch game for 120 yards and a TD and then starts being typical TO, you think the Bears could cut him? You're delusional. And slowly but surely he'd destroy any team chemistry that existed. I don't want that douchebag anywhere near Lake Forest.

Yes, they could cut him. Hold a brief press conference, say his antics in the locker-room were contradictory to the team's wishes, spell out exactly what he did so that it's clear who was in the wrong, and then they could cut him. At this point, it wouldn't surprise anyone because of exactly what you're saying. Everyone thinks he's a cancer, so the Bears would not lose any PR battles because it would be something all the other teams could relate to. The best that happens is, he helps the team tremendously. The worst that happens is, he acts like a douche and he gets cut with no skin off the Bears' ass.

Yes, they could cut him. Hold a brief press conference, say his antics in the locker-room were contradictory to the team's wishes, spell out exactly what he did so that it's clear who was in the wrong, and then they could cut him. At this point, it wouldn't surprise anyone because of exactly what you're saying. Everyone thinks he's a cancer, so the Bears would not lose any PR battles because it would be something all the other teams could relate to. The best that happens is, he helps the team tremendously. The worst that happens is, he acts like a douche and he gets cut with no skin off the Bears' ass.

Not a chance. The Bears track record with douches doesn't support your opinion. Think back a little, can you recall a few? The PR bath the Bears would take for letting TO go without compensation (if he's good) when he signs with another team doesn't support your opinion. Newspapers would be asking "WHY DIDN'T YOU AT LEAST TRADE HIM?" It's a trap.

In my opinion one of two things would happen, you'd sign him and he's lost a few steps and blows, this means you wasted time with him. OR... You sign him for cheap, he's good, he realizes he has one last chance at earning and goes beserk trying to get cut so he can go get a real contract. A lose/lose if you ask me.

My one and only problem with TO is not on the field or in the lockerroom as he demonstrated in Buffalo that he could remain low key,its with the two disturbing rumors about suicide attempts by TO with each time Drew or his publicist going into spin control ruling one an accidental overdose. This is why I would pass on TO.

My one and only problem with TO is not on the field or in the lockerroom as he demonstrated in Buffalo that he could remain low key,its with the two disturbing rumors about suicide attempts by TO with each time Drew or his publicist going into spin control ruling one an accidental overdose. This is why I would pass on TO.

Taken TO is just a bad idea. He will take the slot for a younger WR, and we need to think forward, not retread. There is a reason he didnt play last year. We arent the only ones that think high risk, for an old WR that wouldnt be here more than one year wont work.

Not a chance. The Bears track record with douches doesn't support your opinion. Think back a little, can you recall a few? The PR bath the Bears would take for letting TO go without compensation (if he's good) when he signs with another team doesn't support your opinion. Newspapers would be asking "WHY DIDN'T YOU AT LEAST TRADE HIM?" It's a trap.

In my opinion one of two things would happen, you'd sign him and he's lost a few steps and blows, this means you wasted time with him. OR... You sign him for cheap, he's good, he realizes he has one last chance at earning and goes beserk trying to get cut so he can go get a real contract. A lose/lose if you ask me.

Maybe. But isn't TO a completely different player with a much higher profile and more unique case?

Also, why would he act like an ass, with a goal to be cut, when it's apparent the reason all of the teams passed on him originally was because they think he acts like too much of an ass? Wouldn't that be reinforcing the reason nobody took a chance on him, and thereby further increasing the probability that nobody will take a chance on him?

Maybe. But isn't TO a completely different player with a much higher profile and more unique case?

Also, why would he act like an ass, with a goal to be cut, when it's apparent the reason all of the teams passed on him originally was because they think he acts like too much of an ass? Wouldn't that be reinforcing the reason nobody took a chance on him, and thereby further increasing the probability that nobody will take a chance on him?

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought he had a significant injury to his knee and actually went to great lengths to try and prove that he was ready to play with a nationally televised workout that no teams attended where he didn't really show that he could completely make all cuts.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought he had a significant injury to his knee and actually went to great lengths to try and prove that he was ready to play with a nationally televised workout that no teams attended where he didn't really show that he could completely make all cuts.

I think you're dead on except the very last part. I didn't think he looked that bad. But for most of the NFL teams to even take a look at him, they'd have to be looking at a player who doesn't have TO's history. His history, his attitude, his demeanor, his antics are the reason he is not signed by an NFL team. Not his ability. Does this look like a guy who is out of shape or slow? I sure don't think so.

Wilbon wrote a good article on why the Bears should take a chance on him.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...e-terrell-owens

It's just crazy to me how quickly everyone wants to discount TO and never give the guy a shot, despite the fact the last time he was on an NFL field he put up stats that are significantly better than anyone currently on the Bears' roster.

It's just crazy to me how quickly everyone wants to discount TO and never give the guy a shot, despite the fact the last time he was on an NFL field he put up stats that are significantly better than anyone currently on the Bears' roster.

But at the same time, the 2 prima donna WR setup absolutely tore Cincinnati apart.

Upon further review, the move isn't a great one. And bottom line, I only want great moves this off-season. We've had too many OK, fair, poor, kinda good, etc moves over the last 3 decades.

Owens doesn't really solve enough unless the Bears do absolutely nothing of note in FA and draft. And if that's the case, we're f'ed anyway...

But at the same time, the 2 prima donna WR setup absolutely tore Cincinnati apart.

True. Maybe 2 is too many? Maybe 1, particularly 1 that has been humbled enough to take an arena league contract, would be more easily controlled by established leadership like Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, Peppers, and Garza? Maybe not. But it's a pipe dream anyway, and one that should have happened years ago when he was in his prime and available.

True. Maybe 2 is too many? Maybe 1, particularly 1 that has been humbled enough to take an arena league contract, would be more easily controlled by established leadership like Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, Peppers, and Garza? Maybe not. But it's a pipe dream anyway, and one that should have happened years ago when he was in his prime and available.

Ha, yeah, let's get Moss to come out of retirement too! Dude, every team in the NFL thinks the guy is done. Most fans think he's a tool and wouldn't welcome him to their team. Why do you keep harping on this?

Oh, and are you saying there weren't established leaders on the Eagles? Jesus Christ! And all he did there was imply his QB was a quitter while basically tearing the team chemisty to shreds. But hey, maybe Garza can get to him. LOL

Ha, yeah, let's get Moss to come out of retirement too! Dude, every team in the NFL thinks the guy is done. Most fans think he's a tool and wouldn't welcome him to their team. Why do you keep harping on this?

Oh, and are you saying there weren't established leaders on the Eagles? Jesus Christ! And all he did there was imply his QB was a quitter while basically tearing the team chemisty to shreds. But hey, maybe Garza can get to him. LOL

I didn't mention Moss and retirement. That's you. I honestly don't think every team in the NFL thinks TO's done, but instead would rather black-ball him than take a chance that he just might be a douche. It's simply ignorant to pretend that he's not better than the #3 WR on any roster in the NFL. I only bring it up - aside from it being the offseason for a Bears message board that has to deal with almost exclusively the hypothetical at this moment - because I want the Bears to get better, to get players who could improve the team. Even if that means taking some chances. And no matter how much of a douche he could be - which I don't think would happen after he's been humbled enough to play for an Arena team - I believe he's better than any WR on the Bears. And even if someone disagrees with that, you can't disagree that he's not better than the #3 on the roster. This is about improving the team.

Oh, and BTW, TO was a great teammate on his last two teams, an all star WR for the Cowboys where he cried in support of his QB, hasn't played for the Eagles for 5 years, and calling him a quitter while on the Eagles is ridiculous considering he came back from a broken leg and a severely sprained ankle in a little over a month to play superbly in the Super Bowl.

Like I said earlier, however, it's all a pipe dream because he's already signed with the arena team, and it's apparent Bears management doesn't want to pull out all stops to get wins.

I didn't mention Moss and retirement. That's you. I honestly don't think every team in the NFL thinks TO's done, but instead would rather black-ball him than take a chance that he just might be a douche. It's simply ignorant to pretend that he's not better than the #3 WR on any roster in the NFL. I only bring it up - aside from it being the offseason for a Bears message board that has to deal with almost exclusively the hypothetical at this moment - because I want the Bears to get better, to get players who could improve the team. Even if that means taking some chances. And no matter how much of a douche he could be - which I don't think would happen after he's been humbled enough to play for an Arena team - I believe he's better than any WR on the Bears. And even if someone disagrees with that, you can't disagree that he's not better than the #3 on the roster. This is about improving the team.

Oh, and BTW, TO was a great teammate on his last two teams, an all star WR for the Cowboys where he cried in support of his QB, hasn't played for the Eagles for 5 years, and calling him a quitter while on the Eagles is ridiculous considering he came back from a broken leg and a severely sprained ankle in a little over a month to play superbly in the Super Bowl.

Like I said earlier, however, it's all a pipe dream because he's already signed with the arena team, and it's apparent Bears management doesn't want to pull out all stops to get wins.

If your going to get on someones bandwagon , pick a better player. We need to add three WRs on this team. Hopefully V-Jac or Bowe, then a lower grade like Manningham or E. Royal, or L. Robinson. Then we need to draft one with one of the first 3 picks. Think bigger than TO. He will never play in the nfl again, unless you become a GM.

If your going to get on someones bandwagon , pick a better player. We need to add three WRs on this team. Hopefully V-Jac or Bowe, then a lower grade like Manningham or E. Royal, or L. Robinson. Then we need to draft one with one of the first 3 picks. Think bigger than TO. He will never play in the nfl again, unless you become a GM.

If that turns out to be true, it's a shame, because it's impossible to argue that he's not better than many, many WRs in the NFL at the present moment, and he could help a team win.

If that turns out to be true, it's a shame, because it's impossible to argue that he's not better than many, many WRs in the NFL at the present moment, and he could help a team win.

why do you think that. You actullly have some good ideas on here, I just dont think this is one of them. If he had anything left , someone would jump on that. I dont think the league is blackballing him, just old and has not much left, vs the potenial ego issues he ALWAYS shows.

why do you think that. You actullly have some good ideas on here, I just dont think this is one of them. If he had anything left , someone would jump on that. I dont think the league is blackballing him, just old and has not much left, vs the potenial ego issues he ALWAYS shows.

I think that because even when you discount it, you have to throw in the caveat of "vs the potential ego issues he ALWAYS shows." And, aside from that, just two years ago he was still playing at all pro levels. Levels beyond what any WR on the Bears has ever reached (assuming Roy Williams is cut and his short stretch of good play is discounted).

It's not because he doesn't have enough physical talent to still play. It's because he doesn't have enough physical talent to outweigh his potential (because he was no problem with the last two teams) problems he has off the field.