Campbell signed

DABEARSDABOMB

Imagine, an actual backup qb who could come into a game and not be utter trash.

Its amazing to see actual moves that make the team better.

The SCORE reported Jason Campbell will cost the Bears 3 million per. Shouldn't the Bears spend that money to keep Cutler upright? Or to give him a TE that can stretch the field?

I agree with you we need a good back-up. But the Bears have so many needs, this is not a luxury we can afford IMO.

Career record around .500. Also has a career QB rating of 82. Very very solid player. Not great but he's a really solid backup. Bears would have been in the playoffs if we had him last year.

Bingo. Not great, not bad, good solid backup that would have won one or two of those games, got the Bears in the playoffs, and given Cutler just enough time to come back and deliver.

The SCORE reported Jason Campbell will cost the Bears 3 million per. Shouldn't the Bears spend that money to keep Cutler upright? Or to give him a TE that can stretch the field?

I agree with you we need a good back-up. But the Bears have so many needs, this is not a luxury we can afford IMO.

I'd prefer they spend in order of need, to be quite honest. 3M is not bad for a solid backup QB, but I'd prefer more spending on the OL so the Bears never get to the #2 QB like they have the past two years. Then the money for #2 can be a little less...or a rookie draft pick with promise can be given time to truly develop.

Really, 3million- you cant get him cheaper than that??!!

He was better than Carson Palmer last year and would still be the Raiders QB had he not went down. He's a really solid backup and when your total cap is around 120M, I think you can spend 3M on a good backup. Especially after we saw what happened with the Bears last year.

He was better than Carson Palmer last year and would still be the Raiders QB had he not went down. He's a really solid backup and when your total cap is around 120M, I think you can spend 3M on a good backup. Especially after we saw what happened with the Bears last year.

The SCORE reports Marshall will cost us 9 million in cap space. We started with 22+ million. That brings us down to 14+ million. Things I'd like to see before we sign Campbell:

Mario Williams (maybe not possible now) or any pass rushing D-end

Okoye resigned

John Carlson or any TE who's an offensive weapon that can stretch the field (not named Kellen Davis)

Starting o-lineman

LaRon Landry

We can't find a back-up QB who's not awful for 1.5 million?

The SCORE reports Marshall will cost us 9 million in cap space. We started with 22+ million. That brings us down to 14+ million. Things I'd like to see before we sign Campbell:

Okoye resigned

John Carlson or any TE who's an offensive weapon that can stretch the field (not named Kellen Davis)

Starting o-lineman

LaRon Landry

Some reports indicate that. However, Sean Jensen (Sun Times) and others have indicated we started with 26M (including Forte). So this would bring the total cap space down to 19M. This does not include money set aside for draft picks and the resigning of other players.

Okoye resigned

Starting o-lineman

LaRon Landry

For 1.5 million you get the Todd Collins of the world......