BEARS 2012 Draft

ParkerBear7

I've said numerous times that Louis was the best of the worst. By that I mean, he was average at best, but looked good because he's been in a unit with E.Williams, Webb, Spencer, Omiyale the past two years. I think he's got decent push at times, bad feet, and let's defenders get too far into his body on a regular basis. Better at run blocking than pass blocking, IMO. What I do like about him alot, however, is his tenacity and his aggressive behavior. On screens he almost always follows-up even if he's not leading the play. On loose balls he always hustles. And we all saw him chase down Cameron Wimbley in the Oakland game last year.

Louis > Omiyale at OT? Absolutely

Lous good at OT? No

Louis good at OG? No

Louis average with upside at OG? Yes

If the OL has Louis in is, I wouldn't be upset. But I would hope that means the Bears either drafted a first round LT, or moved Chris Williams to LT while drafting a first/second round OG or C (which would mean Garza moves back to OG).

We just need some fresh blood on the line so if the (status quo) doesnt work out we have options, LT, OG, I would even take a high rated OC and play him at guard for a couple of years until Garza is done.

I've said numerous times that Louis was the best of the worst. By that I mean, he was average at best, but looked good because he's been in a unit with E.Williams, Webb, Spencer, Omiyale the past two years. I think he's got decent push at times, bad feet, and let's defenders get too far into his body on a regular basis. Better at run blocking than pass blocking, IMO. What I do like about him alot, however, is his tenacity and his aggressive behavior. On screens he almost always follows-up even if he's not leading the play. On loose balls he always hustles. And we all saw him chase down Cameron Wimbley in the Oakland game last year.

Lous good at OT? No

Louis good at OG? No

If the OL has Louis in is, I wouldn't be upset. But I would hope that means the Bears either drafted a first round LT, or moved Chris Williams to LT while drafting a first/second round OG or C (which would mean Garza moves back to OG).

I am not as high on C. Williams as you are but definitely agree with what the OL needs are. Your spot on.

Lous good at OT? No

Louis good at OG? No

Jason I have been on board with the thinking that C. Williams is going to go back to LT. You have mentioned this with regularity in your OL posts. The only thing I'm not sure of is if you are in support of this move. I like the idea because of the way I saw him moving when he was pulling and trying to make blocks on the second level. If this can get Webb off the field and back in the learning mode I'm all for it. Because of the lack of bodies provided by the previous GM guys like Louis and Webb were pressed into action prematurely.

Jason I have been on board with the thinking that C. Williams is going to go back to LT. You have mentioned this with regularity in your OL posts. The only thing I'm not sure of is if you are in support of this move. I like the idea because of the way I saw him moving when he was pulling and trying to make blocks on the second level. If this can get Webb off the field and back in the learning mode I'm all for it. Because of the lack of bodies provided by the previous GM guys like Louis and Webb were pressed into action prematurely.

I'm ALL in favor of Chris Williams at LT. Hell, if they decide Carimi is the LT, I'm happy with Williams at RT. I want those two guys as the bookends they were drafted to be. I don't subscribe to the "this guy is a LT" and "that guy is a RT" talk. If a guy can play tackle, he can play tackle. Whatever the case is, I want Webb off the field.

I'm ALL in favor of Chris Williams at LT. Hell, if they decide Carimi is the LT, I'm happy with Williams at RT. I want those two guys as the bookends they were drafted to be. I don't subscribe to the "this guy is a LT" and "that guy is a RT" talk. If a guy can play tackle, he can play tackle. Whatever the case is, I want Webb off the field.

I wasn't sure but you just solidified my thinking. Webb should not have been on the field at one position one year and then arguably the second most important position on the field the very next year after starting off as a longshot and project from a school that didn't have big time competition. In reality the Bears had 2 players in the starting lineup that should have been eased in slowly but was given big time rolls before they were ready. Thats Louis and Webb,then throw in Knox also who needed to be coached up and you have some plays where there were 3 and 4 players that would be on the field that were raw.

I wasn't sure but you just solidified my thinking. Webb should not have been on the field at one position one year and then arguably the second most important position on the field the very next year after starting off as a longshot and project from a school that didn't have big time competition. In reality the Bears had 2 players in the starting lineup that should have been eased in slowly but was given big time rolls before they were ready. Thats Louis and Webb,then throw in Knox also who needed to be coached up and you have some plays where there were 3 and 4 players that would be on the field that were raw.

I would consider someone like Louis raw, because he had moments where he looked unprepared, then average, then beastly. Webb simply looked unprepared and overmatched. A lot had to do with the positions they respectively played. But, it was mostly the Louis was ready to accept the challenge and Webb was not. Webb and Knox were victims of an incompetent GM/OC combo. Well see Lovie and Tice's level of guilt or deniabilty soon.