How's everyone watching the game?

bradjock

The last two years the Thursday night NFL Network games have been broadcast locally in the Chicago area (which has extended to Peoria)

Pixote asked over the summer about viewing the Thursday night games and I told him it wouldn't be a problem. Checking the local listings the game is not on . . . sorry about that Pix.

Any tips for how to view the game? Otherwise I'll be in the garage with the radio checking the computer for video updates and likely chatting here.

I do feel for all of you who don't live locally and deal with this problem every week.

y not get NFl Network?

My lousy cable provider doesn't offer NFL Network. That means I'd have to switch to Direct TV. I might have done that if I'd none it wasn't going to be broadcast locally. Usually these games are on locally, including all the pre-season games.

Locally if you don't have cable the NFL Network feed will be on UPN channel 50. Thats channel 8 on comcast if you don't have the extended digital package that allows you the NFL Network.

This really sucks. I switched from DirectTV to Comcast to get a bundle and save money, things are tight right now. I figured the TNF game would be telecast locally. Now I cannot find it listed anywhere except for NFL Network. I cannot believe I will not be able to watch this game.

This really sucks. I switched from DirectTV to Comcast to get a bundle and save money, things are tight right now. I figured the TNF game would be telecast locally. Now I cannot find it listed anywhere except for NFL Network. I cannot believe I will not be able to watch this game.

Never fear Pix! Several websites stream the games live, albeit not always the greatest video quality. I personally watch them on Firstrow.EU

My lousy cable provider doesn't offer NFL Network. That means I'd have to switch to Direct TV. I might have done that if I'd none it wasn't going to be broadcast locally. Usually these games are on locally, including all the pre-season games.

Can you get channel 50? If so that is where you can view the game.

Can you get channel 50? If so that is where you can view the game.

On my Comcast lineup it shows channel 50 as Toon Network.

When I check for My50 or WPWR I am coming up blank.

Researching it I saw WPWR (My50) is on Channel 8 on Comcast.

When I check Channel 8 on my Comcast it says it is CNN

I am totally lost.

On my Comcast lineup it shows channel 50 as Toon Network.

When I check for My50 or WPWR I am coming up blank.

Researching it I saw WPWR (My50) is on Channel 8 on Comcast.

When I check Channel 8 on my Comcast it says it is CNN

I am totally lost.

This is an end run( old school play) but if you have a digital TV and an antenna you can scan for channels and then see if it picks up UPN. Sometimes it takes a few scans to get this channel.I didn't have cable last year and I didn't miss a game.

By me being in Du Page County I might have a better shot at certain channels in Chicago than you do but, if all else fail go to the Trib web site and punch in A&E then television and when you see the box on th lower right for TV listings it will say complete tV listings. This is after you have given them your zipcode at the begining of this process.

Out of frustration I called Comcast. I saw they had the NFL Network offered. Separately it would cost 6 payments of around 40 a month. No way I can afford 240 dollars for the network. To upgrade my package to include the network would have cost me 60 a month, that is even worse. I then found out I could add a sports and entertainment package for $8.95 a month, no gimmicks or escalating fees, and not only get the NFL network but also a whole host of additional channels. Good deal. I can watch the game. I can afford an additional 9$ a month. Less than a trip to Burger King. LOL

If anyone else has Comcast and needs this info, be sure to call them. In less than 5 minutes I was able to access the NFL Network.

Here are the channels you can get by adding the Sports Entertainment Package for $8.95:

127 SOAPnet

401 Fox Soccer

508 Hallmark Movie Channel

511 ESPNU

512 ESPN Classic

513 ESPNews

514 NBA TV

515 NHL Network

516 MLB Network

531 CBS Sports Network

533 Fox College Sports Atlantic

534 Fox College Sports Central

535 Fox College Sports Pacific

536 SportsNet New York

538 Comcast SportsNet New

England

539 Sun Sports

540 Prime Ticket

541 Comcast SportsNet Bay

Area

542 Military History

543 Crime & Investigation

Network

547 NFL Network

548 NFL RedZone

552 World Fishing Network

(WFN)

553 Outdoor Channel

554 Sportsman Channel

556 GolTV (in English)

557 The Tennis Channel

559 Outside TV

563 TV Games Network

564 HorseRacing TV

607 Fox Movie Channel

684 Hallmark Movie Channel

HD^^

819 Centric

920 NFL Network HD^^

949 MLB Network HD^^

960 NBA TV HD^^

961 ESPNU HD^^

962 ESPNews HD^^

963 CBS Sports Network

HD^^

964 NFL RedZone HD^^

965 NHL Network HD^^

966 The Tennis Channel HD^^

Guest TerraTor

That is blasphemy..... Dont stand for it

Out of frustration I called Comcast. I saw they had the NFL Network offered. Separately it would cost 6 payments of around 40 a month. No way I can afford 240 dollars for the network. To upgrade my package to include the network would have cost me 60 a month, that is even worse. I then found out I could add a sports and entertainment package for $8.95 a month, no gimmicks or escalating fees, and not only get the NFL network but also a whole host of additional channels. Good deal. I can watch the game. I can afford an additional 9$ a month. Less than a trip to Burger King. LOL

If anyone else has Comcast and needs this info, be sure to call them. In less than 5 minutes I was able to access the NFL Network.

Here are the channels you can get by adding the Sports Entertainment Package for $8.95:

127 SOAPnet

401 Fox Soccer

508 Hallmark Movie Channel

511 ESPNU

512 ESPN Classic

513 ESPNews

514 NBA TV

515 NHL Network

516 MLB Network

531 CBS Sports Network

533 Fox College Sports Atlantic

534 Fox College Sports Central

535 Fox College Sports Pacific

536 SportsNet New York

538 Comcast SportsNet New

England

539 Sun Sports

540 Prime Ticket

541 Comcast SportsNet Bay

Area

542 Military History

543 Crime & Investigation

Network

547 NFL Network

548 NFL RedZone

552 World Fishing Network

(WFN)

553 Outdoor Channel

554 Sportsman Channel

556 GolTV (in English)

557 The Tennis Channel

559 Outside TV

563 TV Games Network

564 HorseRacing TV

607 Fox Movie Channel

684 Hallmark Movie Channel

HD^^

819 Centric

920 NFL Network HD^^

949 MLB Network HD^^

960 NBA TV HD^^

961 ESPNU HD^^

962 ESPNews HD^^

963 CBS Sports Network

HD^^

964 NFL RedZone HD^^

965 NHL Network HD^^

966 The Tennis Channel HD^^

Wach it on p2p4u.net

I pretty much right with you. I was a few years after it first came out. Also, given I live in California, I either had to get it or go to a bar. Since I'm an accountant, I crunched the numbers and it was far cheaper for me to get Direct TV and the ticket than go to bars to watch. I also factored in the cost of cable, and comparatively speaking, the cost is virtually the same. However, the customer service at DTV is superior to any cable company I've ever dealt with. Plus, every year, I bitch and moan to a rep and they severely discount my NFL ticket.

I think DTV is the way to go hands down.

That's why I have DTV since their inception. NFL network is included, plus many more for half the cost of cable. I never will go back to cable TV. Its a rip off and will continue to be as long as people subscribe to em.