The Crappa Two!!!!

chitownman

I know this has been talked about many times however, I am so freakin pissed off right now with this defense. I know it is only the 2nd game as well however, it is the freakin cheese heads we are playing. This so called defense continues to give up huge yardage and does not seem to be doing anything positively right now. How else do you explain that last Sunday we make a rookie QB look like a freakin All-Pro and tonight the "D" is getting even more exploited by the QB who has been one of the best in recent memory in the NFL. Yes I did just see Julius Peppers get another sack however, the huge plays will continue to hurt us and we are lucky to be only down 3 with 2:09 left in the first half. Not a good showing on National Television once again and it is becoming painful to watch. Hope Smith wakes up his team and gets this turned around otherwise we will not be meeting Smith's #1 goal of beating the freakin' cheese heads!!!!!!! Yes I just saw Melton get his sack just now as well.

Guest TerraTor
I know this has been talked about many times however, I am so freakin pissed off right now with this defense. I know it is only the 2nd game as well however, it is the freakin cheese heads we are playing. This so called defense continues to give up huge yardage and does not seem to be doing anything positively right now. How else do you explain that last Sunday we make a rookie QB look like a freakin All-Pro and tonight the "D" is getting even more exploited by the QB who has been one of the best in recent memory in the NFL. Yes I did just see Julius Peppers get another sack however, the huge plays will continue to hurt us and we are lucky to be only down 3 with 2:09 left in the first half. Not a good showing on National Television once again and it is becoming painful to watch. Hope Smith wakes up his team and gets this turned around otherwise we will not be meeting Smith's #1 goal of beating the freakin' cheese heads!!!!!!! Yes I just saw Melton get his sack just now as well.

the dont play man, and never blitz..its pathetic

our D held one of the best offenses in the league to 2 field goals (td on special teams). let's cut them some slack...

Maybe the "D" is doing all right based on the stats however, it does not look as little as the stats are saying. Still do not like giving up such big plays and granted their touchdown was on special teams however, how do you explain allowing a rookie QB to pass for over 300 yards?

Maybe the "D" is doing all right based on the stats however, it does not look as little as the stats are saying. Still do not like giving up such big plays and granted their touchdown was on special teams however, how do you explain allowing a rookie QB to pass for over 300 yards?

Because they were in prevent defense the entire second half.

Peace :dabears

Do you still believe that at this point? I definitely do not. The Cover 2 is not what Smith thinks it is. I hate Prevent and Cover 2 and it continues to get worse. This has turned into another embarrassment in the National Spot Light once again. It is just so frustrating to watch something like this at this point and time. The worst part is that it seems that the team is not in synch and even though the "D" may have done all right, the big plays will always kill you.

Yes, I believe giving up 16 points to what is one of the most explosive offenses in the league is pretty darn good. Especially considering how long the D has been on the field considering the INTs and the 3 and outs the O has. 2 turn overs and 4 sacks to boot. The only embarrassment of this team tonight is the offensive line.

I really don't have much to complain about in regards to the defense tonight. They've held the packers defense to minimal production, regardless of whether or not I hate the method they've used. I hate the cover-2 as much as the next guy. I hate the passive nature of it. I don't really like Lovie all that much. But it sure must be difficult to do much when constantly put under the gun by a bad offense.

I really don't have much to complain about in regards to the defense tonight. They've held the packers defense to minimal production, regardless of whether or not I hate the method they've used. I hate the cover-2 as much as the next guy. I hate the passive nature of it. I don't really like Lovie all that much. But it sure must be difficult to do much when constantly put under the gun by a bad offense.

Agreed 100%.

Peace :dabears

Agreed.

Do you still believe that at this point? I definitely do not. The Cover 2 is not what Smith thinks it is. I hate Prevent and Cover 2 and it continues to get worse. This has turned into another embarrassment in the National Spot Light once again. It is just so frustrating to watch something like this at this point and time. The worst part is that it seems that the team is not in synch and even though the "D" may have done all right, the big plays will always kill you.

They only scored 1 offensive TD. That says a lot.

Watching the game again, I can see where the early frustration about this defense comes from. In the first quarter alone, I counted three plays where the DL had decent pressure, but not enough that Rodgers was unable to simply wait it out and find a guy sit down in the cover-2 zone. Two times it happened pretty obviously with Jordy Nelson. Then they started off the second quarter with another play that exploited the cover-2, but Finley just straight-up dropped it. Later in the 2nd quarter, Cobb had a key 3rd down catch that was directly attributable to the cover-2.

I believe the Bears D played pretty well, but I also believe the Bears were very fortunate to not have given up many more points.

The Cover 2 format did exactly what it was supposed to do. Got pressure on Rodgers, kept the deep ball from happening, kept the scoring down, gave the Bears every chance in the world to win the game. It worked like a charm.

The problem is...the Bears offense has no idea how to attack the Bears own defense! The Packers did the exact same setup to the Bears, except out of a 3-4 and with Peppers replaced by Matthews, and the Bears have no clue how to attack it!

Not sure what game you watched, but the defense was outstanding.