Bears collapse = Lovie and staff gone

Connorbear

Yep. It's pretty cut and dry to me. Keep in mind, Emery didn't choose Lovie as his coach. He didn't have the power to change coaches when he came here. Next year he will.

Here's another reason for why Lovie should be fired, if you're one of the people that believe he should be; 4 offensive coordinators he's been through in his tenure with the Bears. Shea, Turner, Martz, and Tice. How big of a leash does this guy have? Not many HC's would survive going through 2 OC's, let alone 4!

If they fail to make the playoffs, the entire coaching staff should be dismissed. This Vikings game is huge.

Peace :dabears

then the bar is way to low. if just making a one-and-done or even winning one wild card game is enough to give this staff a contract extension it's criminal on the management side of this equation.

not happy with tice? why is he here in the first place? who has the final say on how this team plays on sundays (or mondays for that matter) how many years do we have to see the same losing coaching philosophy before someone in charge of this is fired?

This reminds me of the Jauron situation with that idiot OC he loved (Shoop).

Provided they don't make the NFC Championship game (that's the cutoff in my mind), if Tice is not gone at the end of the year, then both Lovie and Tice should be fired.

I was thinking more from an organization perspective (what the Bears front office will do). Personally, if they barely squeak in the playoffs and get hammered, I would can the entire staff. I look at it like Fisher in Tennessee. At some point, you've worn out your welcome.

I was thinking more from an organization perspective (what the Bears front office will do). Personally, if they barely squeak in the playoffs and get hammered, I would can the entire staff. I look at it like Fisher in Tennessee. At some point, you've worn out your welcome.

Sneaking into the playoffs and a first round exit would definitely be a disappointment. The question on the staff in that case might well be how the GM feels about his coaching staff and whether someone like Tice gets served up as a sacrifice.

(Oh, and I don't know that Jeff Fisher's problem in Tennessee was as much having worn out his welcome as it was that his last high caliber team got old and expensive and had to be broken down for cap reasons, and then the owner demanded that the next team had to be built up around Vince Young, which failed. Doesn't mean a coach can't wear out his welcome...if you want a better example right now go after Philly...but I think in TN that was much more the ownership insisting on Vince Young and no one being able to coach him).

Sneaking into the playoffs and a first round exit would definitely be a disappointment. The question on the staff in that case might well be how the GM feels about his coaching staff and whether someone like Tice gets served up as a sacrifice.

(Oh, and I don't know that Jeff Fisher's problem in Tennessee was as much having worn out his welcome as it was that his last high caliber team got old and expensive and had to be broken down for cap reasons, and then the owner demanded that the next team had to be built up around Vince Young, which failed. Doesn't mean a coach can't wear out his welcome...if you want a better example right now go after Philly...but I think in TN that was much more the ownership insisting on Vince Young and no one being able to coach him).

i agree with both. is tice the next human sacrifice to fall on lovies sword? fisher to me is one of the better coaches in the NFL today and that situation in tenn was dismal.

It is interesting that this team was under prepared once again. Granted they are 7-3 however, last night's loss was embarrassing once again in front of a National audience. Sound familiar for one of the other two losses? It should as the team laid an egg at Green Bay on the big stage of the Thursday Night NFL Network against a divisional foe. I can not blame Emery at this point as he just started after replacing Angelo. The team beat some ok teams and struggled against other teams that should have been larger wins, specifically Carolina. Without making at least the NFC Championship or even better the Super Bowl and truthfully winning it all should not be acceptable. I also agree that it seems odd that other teams will get rid of head coaches after having a second OC and the Bears keep one who is on his fourth OC. I am not convinced that the Cover-2/Tampa-2 is all that great and how the "D" pulled off what they did prior to the Houston game excluding the game against the Cheese Heads is beyond me. To many problems still and someone's head really needs to roll.

FWIW, the Bears' most popular setup this season so far has been the cover-1/single high safety setup.

That's true, there has been a switch of sorts. But it doesn't change the philosophy of the defense, and regardless of where the safeties are, Lovie's M.O. is to have the LBs bail out into coverage, rely almost exclusively on a 4-man rush, and hope for turnovers. It's a great strategy when the opposing QB gets an itchy trigger finger or when the turnovers come, but it's horrible to watch when the opponent just sits back and picks apart the zone all day.

We haven't had Cutler for the last 1.5 games. Granted, Cutler was having a bad game anyway when he got knockd out, but Cutler is an up and down sort of QB. Before this game we had the second best D in the NFL...only the niners had allowed less points...and we had the most forced turnovers and points off turnovers. Even in last week's loss, the D was dominant, so this week was an aberration for them. Lovie and co. are doing soemthing right.

But the niners kicked our ass. They were well coached and we didn't do anything different on D than what they planned for (according to their sophomore QB). All day, Campbell was hamstrung by 3rd and longs because Forte/the Oline weren't picking up any run yardage. When he did pass, he looked mediocre (I'm giving him credit for being under serious pressure). Aldon Smith was as dominant as I've seen a DE against the Bears.

However, we've put ourselves into the position to be able to lose a few and still make the playoffs. Yesterday was just one of those.

We haven't had Cutler for the last 1.5 games. Granted, Cutler was having a bad game anyway when he got knockd out, but Cutler is an up and down sort of QB. Before this game we had the second best D in the NFL...only the niners had allowed less points...and we had the most forced turnovers and points off turnovers. Even in last week's loss, the D was dominant, so this week was an aberration for them. Lovie and co. are doing soemthing right.

But the niners kicked our ass. They were well coached and we didn't do anything different on D than what they planned for (according to their sophomore QB). All day, Campbell was hamstrung by 3rd and longs because Forte/the Oline weren't picking up any run yardage. When he did pass, he looked mediocre (I'm giving him credit for being under serious pressure). Aldon Smith was as dominant as I've seen a DE against the Bears.

However, we've put ourselves into the position to be able to lose a few and still make the playoffs. Yesterday was just one of those.

The highlighted part has been said by the Bears players and coaches multiple times, and broken down on film multiple times. This is not new news. And that's the problem. The NFL is no longer a league of "we'll just run the play better," like the old Packer sweep. This is a league of mismatches, disguises, tricks, confusion, and advantage/disadvantage. The Bears defense does virtually none of this; instead, it says, "I dare you to beat the style we run." It's either ballsy or stupid, maybe a little of both, but it's certainly nothing new.

If they fail to make the playoffs, the entire coaching staff should be dismissed. This Vikings game is huge.

I agree with you....my only cause for hesitation would be who was running the the player personel? I feel this team has all the parts it needs to make a title run except..........the only part missing is the OLINE. Emery didnt do anything with the Oline this off season. Is this because Tice, Lovie all told him they would be good enough??????? Who ever made the decision not address the Oline should be banned from football. Even Pee Wee football....

It really sucks to think the Bears may waste the last year with this Defense (who knows if Url comes back). I hope he does but you never know.

I agree with you....my only cause for hesitation would be who was running the the player personel? I feel this team has all the parts it needs to make a title run except..........the only part missing is the OLINE. Emery didnt do anything with the Oline this off season. Is this because Tice, Lovie all told him they would be good enough??????? Who ever made the decision not address the Oline should be banned from football. Even Pee Wee football....

It really sucks to think the Bears may waste the last year with this Defense (who knows if Url comes back). I hope he does but you never know.

You know Lovie and Tice said it was all good.

You know Lovie and Tice said it was all good.

Im hoping that was the case. Lovie and Tice blame it on the Martz system and Emery goes with it. I like what Emery has done so far, I have to think there was someone in FA or Draft that would have helped or been better then Webb and Co.... the oline is a joke. You know Cutler and Campbell both would love to just say the truth and call them out.