Its Trestman

BearFan PHX

Never doubt the almighty BrianBear again. ;)

In all seriousness, this is such a bold move by Emery. As Jensen put it, they fired a 10-6 coach and hired a CFL coach. My biggest question mark is how the defensive players will react and how much respect they'll show.

All in all, no one truly knows right now if it's a good or bad hire. That will be measured on if the Bears win a Super Bowl by February 2018 (or don't but are 10-6, 11-5 with multiple playoff appearances). That gives him 4 full seasons. That might be harsh, but Emery didn't hire him to improve the offense, or to hire good coordinators. He hired him to ultimately win championships.

But at the same time, if he's not given some of the same latitude Lovie was given, and he doesn't win a SB in four years or less, it will be upsetting to me if they fire him under a "win a SB or get fired" condition.

Yeah, I edited it for that reason. They need to he competitive a lot though, particularly on offense or (or offence ;)).

In all seriousness, this is such a bold move by Emery. As Jensen put it, they fired a 10-6 coach and hired a CFL coach. My biggest question mark is how the defensive players will react and how much respect they'll show.

All in all, no one truly knows right now if it's a good or bad hire. That will be measured on if the Bears win a Super Bowl by February 2018 (or don't but are 10-6, 11-5 with multiple playoff appearances). That gives him 4 full seasons. That might be harsh, but Emery didn't hire him to improve the offense, or to hire good coordinators. He hired him to ultimately win championships.

Emery is tied to this hire, so his job is on the line if Trestman struggles to produce better results than Lovie did.

and thanks again Brian for the insider info, spot on again.

Ol' Jimmy Johnson was right after all!

Coach Trestman, welceom to the greatest franchise on earth! Do us proud! Bring a championship back toe Chicago! In fact, bring a few!

I'm excited. He was a longshot. All had their advanages and all had their faults.

I am certain Emery did his homework and then some. Now, all we need is just a little luck on top of that.

Bear down!

Well said! (Other than your opening line! ) ;)

Keep Marinelli and they should be in good shape. They loved Lovie but they also love Rod. Love who we brought in as OC/Oline coach. Since Kromer became the Saints OL coach they have ranked 4th, 5th, 2nd, 3rd in sacks allowed.

Dang, the Bears got a Head Coach candidate as a special teams coach.

I'm loving this hire for so many reasons and from so many directions it's crazy.

Emery thought out of the box. He was willing to not say, this meeting is 3 hours impress me and leave. He sat there over 8 hours with Trestmen the first meeting. He interviewed a lot of coaches and so on. He stuck to his process and hired his coach within hours of conducting his final interviews.

I'm not going to say much about Trestman, cause I would I would go on forever. I'll just say one thing, stealing away the one of the top OL coaches in the first few hours is just brilliant. He's got play calling covered himself.

So be it. I'm trusting our management to make he moves they need to make.

If cleaning house is it, then so be it.

If keeping some is in the cards, then so be that.

Of all of them, Hoke and Marinelli are the only ones I'd potentially want to keep.

I heard on the SCORE on the way into work at about 10:45CT that Marinelli is not at all a lock to return.

Silvy said Marinelli was 50/50 at best and it didn't look great for him.

So be it. I'm trusting our management to make he moves they need to make.

If cleaning house is it, then so be it.

If keeping some is in the cards, then so be that.

Of all of them, Hoke and Marinelli are the only ones I'd potentially want to keep.

I agree with hoke and marinelli. What i had heard about marinelli is that its up to him if he wants to return

If it's indeed up to him, I respect the Bears' call on that. For the years of service, they are giving him the choice. I just hope they decide quickly. If we need a new DC, I'd like to get one in place. Based on his previous dealings, I would imagine Emery to do just that.

I agree with hoke and marinelli. What i had heard about marinelli is that its up to him if he wants to return

If it's indeed up to him, I respect the Bears' call on that. For the years of service, they are giving him the choice. I just hope they decide quickly. If we need a new DC, I'd like to get one in place. Based on his previous dealings, I would imagine Emery to do just that.

Part of me actually wants to see a new defensive scheme in place regardless. Not because I didn't like Marinelli, but I want a more attacking defense.

If Marinelli stays I would be happy, if he leaves...I'm happy.

Its also being talked about on 670 NOW that Marinelli may be making a lateral move to Cleveland.

I expect that Marinelli would first want to sit down and talk with Trestman before making any decision. I assume that happened today. I can't imagine Trestman will wait more than 24hrs for his decision as there are so many recent hires for HC in the league that getting his DC in now is a priority.

This guy is crazy detailed.

That tells me he's also a good salesman who studies his target, knows what he likes, and then delivers it in the way he'll be successful. He knew Emery loved detail and he went out of his way to provide it. I think the interview with Dennison was the complete opposite.

Anyway, this fits what we've heard and read about Trestman: He studies his opponent and learns where his players can exploit them. Let's hope it carries onto the field.

That tells me he's also a good salesman who studies his target, knows what he likes, and then delivers it in the way he'll be successful. He knew Emery loved detail and he went out of his way to provide it. I think the interview with Dennison was the complete opposite.

Anyway, this fits what we've heard and read about Trestman: He studies his opponent and learns where his players can exploit them. Let's hope it carries onto the field.

I was completely blown away when i saw that calendar part. That's incredible to actually take the time to do something like that

Thanks for the post!

Must be points or something on Robbie!

Some good pics of Trestman here, he looks completely different as a player in the 70s: http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/c...hotos-20130115/

Interesting one here, what is with all the pictures of Gould in the background? http://www.trbimg.com/img-1358450221/turbi...--20130117/1280