Manti Te'o is a disgusting human being

Bears4Ever_34

Story is coming out now. Tuasisosopo is going to speak out now and we also know his female cousin tino was the girl acting as lennay. Now let's not forget that outside of this story he had fantastic season which is being in all this. It's not like the only reason he gained votes was due to story. I've heard several voters actually say they still would have voted for him

I agree he was scamed, its what he did after he found out that he has to accept responseabity for.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i understand it was a combination of both. Im just sick of ppl making him out to be the worst human being on the planet yet hes no criminaluntil criminal charges are filed against him and hes found guilty i wont sit here and crush him. What ever happened to "innocent til proven guilty".

We all have opinions, but its over with yours will be on the wrong side of the argument. But then you don't care anyway, I do.

We all have opinions, but its over with yours will be on the wrong side of the argument. But then you don't care anyway, I do.

And lets be honest he could turn around and file charges against tuisasosopo but no one wants to look at that but that's alright I'll sit back and let ppl eat crow when hes innocent of all "so called pending" criminal charges

No one capable of functioning in everyday society, much less at the level he has, would consistently think, act, and speak such nonsense. There has to be a reason he didn't want to know (like being gay, which of course he denies). The other option is that he was in it, which is, indeed, pretty disgusting. ...especially when there are so many who've actually battled and succumbed to cancer who never got a tenth the attention or sympathy that his story got.

Point is, this outcome is not simply the result of him reacting naturally to the circumstances he was in. As I said some many posts ago, there's something more going on here, and as it seems new info will continue to leak slowly, I'm content to wait. But just to clarify, that also means I don't agree with calling Manti "disgusting" when so much is still unknown. Maybe the topic title should have " ,allegedly" appended.

No one capable of functioning in everyday society, much less at the level he has, would consistently think, act, and speak such nonsense. There has to be a reason he didn't want to know (like being gay, which of course he denies). The other option is that he was in it, which is, indeed, pretty disgusting. ...especially when there are so many who've actually battled and succumbed to cancer who never got a tenth the attention or sympathy that his story got.

Point is, this outcome is not simply the result of him reacting naturally to the circumstances he was in. As I said some many posts ago, there's something more going on here, and as it seems new info will continue to leak slowly, I'm content to wait. But just to clarify, that also means I don't agree with calling Manti "disgusting" when so much is still unknown. Maybe the topic title should have " ,allegedly" appended.

He didn't murder anybody, but do think he is a lowlife, It's seems to me ND fans stick up for him because it makes the school look badd, I don't like or dislike ND, so I listen to everything written and not selected stories that make him sound like the victim. I likened this to someone that still likes Mickel Jackson after he bought his way out of child molestion charges. He was a good singer but suck as a human being, Teo sucks as a person but is a good football player. Blind support is just lame. I am not comparing lying and molestation on the same level but the blinded support is the same.

He didn't murder anybody, but do think he is a lowlife, It's seems to me ND fans stick up for him because it makes the school look badd, I don't like or dislike ND, so I listen to everything written and not selected stories that make him sound like the victim. I likened this to someone that still likes Mickel Jackson after he bought his way out of child molestion charges. He was a good singer but suck as a human being, Teo sucks as a person but is a good football player. Blind support is just lame. I am not comparing lying and molestation on the same level but the blinded support is the same.

Blind support? How about innocent till proven otherwise. Thats all Iam doing. waiting till the info comes out in whole. Look at what happened to the Duke Lacross players with attitudes like I read here. Their lives were ruined with all the pundants calling them vile. Turns out the girl lied. Tawana Brawley I believe was her name.

I think everyone needs to step back and let the info unfold. All this crap thinking he set up this or that is rediculous.

Blind support? How about innocent till proven otherwise. Thats all Iam doing. waiting till the info comes out in whole. Look at what happened to the Duke Lacross players with attitudes like I read here. Their lives were ruined with all the pundants calling them vile. Turns out the girl lied. Tawana Brawley I believe was her name.

I think everyone needs to step back and let the info unfold. All this crap thinking he set up this or that is rediculous.

Two different cases, but I agree with your sentiments. If his situation has changed so drastically from the first post until now (his side of it has improved), it could change a lot more.

And lets be honest he could turn around and file charges against tuisasosopo but no one wants to look at that but that's alright I'll sit back and let ppl eat crow when hes innocent of all "so called pending" criminal charges

No one said there were "so called pending" criminal charges. The only thing I said was that local authorities are shaking the tree on him to see if any money was fraudulently obtained via this hoax and if he could have known about it. Read.

Yes i understand it was a combination of both. Im just sick of ppl making him out to be the worst human being on the planet yet hes no criminaluntil criminal charges are filed against him and hes found guilty i wont sit here and crush him. What ever happened to "innocent til proven guilty".

If you're ever up for jury selection.....the defense will make sure you get picked.

I am quite confused, I swear I read some posts ago that you dont give a shit, why are you still commenting on this subject

Maybe he doesn't care about the person, but is interested in someone not being rail-roaded without all the facts? That's my stance. I honestly don't care what happens to Teo, but I happen to think the whole angle of "disgusting human being" was incredibly premature and incorrect. ESPECIALLY when this thread was started.

I am quite confused, I swear I read some posts ago that you dont give a shit, why are you still commenting on this subject

Because i still can if i want. Sorry but im trying to be the voice of reason here where a person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. I know its so un American these days

Maybe he doesn't care about the person, but is interested in someone not being rail-roaded without all the facts? That's my stance. I honestly don't care what happens to Teo, but I happen to think the whole angle of "disgusting human being" was incredibly premature and incorrect. ESPECIALLY when this thread was started.

Bingo. At least someone understands

Because i still can if i want. Sorry but im trying to be the voice of reason here where a person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. I know its so un American these days

This is the court of public opinion the same rules dont apply as a court of law. Well so if I get this right, you support him, defend him and dont give a shit. I guess you have pinned it down.

This is the court of public opinion the same rules dont apply as a court of law. Well so if I get this right, you support him, defend him and dont give a shit. I guess you have pinned it down.

I've been reading this thread for awhile and this is my first comment as it relates to my life.

As a kid I was very athletic in football , baseball, basketball and golf. I liked girls, but didn't have time to fully grasp what a relationship was. So, it took me longer in life to understand and foster relationships with women. You could even say I was naive.(very) Nobody that knows me would say I was stupid, but I have been fooled out of lack of experience or an over trusting heart. Because that's all you know when you are an athlete. You are taught at the earliest age to do your job and trust that the guy next to you is getting theirs done. If you are totally in to your sport, girls don't take a high priority. So, I can see how they never met. I never had money to fly to the west coast from the midwest as a kid, as there were things I had to miss out on.

All said, I believe it would be easy to dupe a guy like Te'o. He got fooled and caught up in something that was bigger than he could eventually handle. It doesn't make him stupid or bad. It just makes him a kid that made a big mistake that should turn out to be the biggest laerning experience of his life. I do think he is a good person and intelligent human being. And for any of us to pile on and condemn this kid speaks as to who and where we are in our lives.

And for any of us to pile on and condemn this kid speaks as to who and where we are in our lives.

Amen. And the truly disgusting human beings are those that took him for a ride.

This is somewhat unrelated but thought I'd throw it out there... The internet is awesome. It allows us all to communicate here, for example. But it's also a tool that can be evil, even devastating. I went to my son's school last year to hear a speech given by a dad who lost his son to suicide because his son was being cyber-bullied. The mom and dad didn't know what was going on and the kid is now dead.

So, yeah, I can see how a hoax could be that elaborate and trick someone in his position. It's really a shame there are those out there that honestly want to believe the worst. It's the world we live in, I guess.

I've been reading this thread for awhile and this is my first comment as it relates to my life.

As a kid I was very athletic in football , baseball, basketball and golf. I liked girls, but didn't have time to fully grasp what a relationship was. So, it took me longer in life to understand and foster relationships with women. You could even say I was naive.(very) Nobody that knows me would say I was stupid, but I have been fooled out of lack of experience or an over trusting heart. Because that's all you know when you are an athlete. You are taught at the earliest age to do your job and trust that the guy next to you is getting theirs done. If you are totally in to your sport, girls don't take a high priority. So, I can see how they never met. I never had money to fly to the west coast from the midwest as a kid, as there were things I had to miss out on.

All said, I believe it would be easy to dupe a guy like Te'o. He got fooled and caught up in something that was bigger than he could eventually handle. It doesn't make him stupid or bad. It just makes him a kid that made a big mistake that should turn out to be the biggest laerning experience of his life. I do think he is a good person and intelligent human being. And for any of us to pile on and condemn this kid speaks as to who and where we are in our lives.

I certainly respect your opinion on this subject matter and respect your humility even more.

Until I hear something like Te'o taking the Tuiasosopo family participants to court for a defamation suit---I'm not buying any "facts" that the Te'o family tells us to believe. I just find it extremely peculiar that it is another Hawaiian family that is on the other end of this "hoax". A family with a familiarity to that of Te'o as well...I find it much more logical that they're just "taking the bullet" on this one than believing Te'o didn't have a clue the entire time.

The theory I just stated is just that- a theory. However, it is every bit as credible as to what the Te'o family has been telling us. If people want to take Teo's family's word for what happened- that's fine. If they want to throw stones until they get information that actually is objective and from a non-biased party- that's fine, too.

I certainly respect your opinion on this subject matter and respect your humility even more.

Until I hear something like Te'o taking the Tuiasosopo family participants to court for a defamation suit---I'm not buying any "facts" that the Te'o family tells us to believe. I just find it extremely peculiar that it is another Hawaiian family that is on the other end of this "hoax". A family with a familiarity to that of Te'o as well...I find it much more logical that they're just "taking the bullet" on this one than believing Te'o didn't have a clue the entire time.

The theory I just stated is just that- a theory. However, it is every bit as credible as to what the Te'o family has been telling us. If people want to take Teo's family's word for what happened- that's fine. If they want to throw stones until they get information that actually is objective and from a non-biased party- that's fine, too.

There is a lot of information out there about this, I think everybody here should READ everything they can about this. Reading one or two articles and believing that thats the true situation is ludicrous.I dont think he is disgusting person, but just kind of a low life. I have read tons of stuff and it still has to be sorting out what is true and what isnt. I think he was duped and then used it to his advantage, with a lot twists and turns. He didnt kill anybody, but still will not be vindicated for this.He has responsiblities to take control of, truth goes along way and would probably not be so outspoken on this but dislike people reading Teos side of this and thinking just no big deal and jump to protect him. It probably is best to let it takes its course and then we can all butt heads again later.

If the mods want to change the thread title, feel free. It doesn't bother me at all. I can see there are still people on here that are up in arms about it. Frankly, the more this story drags on the worse it looks for Te'o. From the very beginning, he should have sat down in front of the press and answered every single question about this story until nobody had anymore questions to ask him. If he's 100% innocent, this should have been easy. There certainly shouldn't have been anything to hide. Instead, he hires a lawyer and gets coached up on what to say before he sits down and does these scheduled interviews. He hasn't done himself any favors. They have only made him look worse.

If the mods want to change the thread title, feel free. It doesn't bother me at all. I can see there are still people on here that are up in arms about it. Frankly, the more this story drags on the worse it looks for Te'o. From the very beginning, he should have sat down in front of the press and answered every single question about this story until nobody had anymore questions to ask him. If he's 100% innocent, this should have been easy. There certainly shouldn't have been anything to hide. Instead, he hires a lawyer and gets coached up on what to say before he sits down and does these scheduled interviews. He hasn't done himself any favors. They have only made him look worse.

Don't forget that the interview with Katie Couric, which he did only because they're represented by the same people. :shakehead

+1