Manti Te'o is a disgusting human being

Bears4Ever_34

From what I read their relationship got a lot stronger after the accident and was dealing with cancer. I have read also that they had numerous meetings set up and she would cancel. Now I'm not exact on timeframe on these things. As far as going to her funeral, her family told him not to come. Plus he was in the middle of his season with only time to go to his grandmothers funeral.

Fact is we do not know what type of relationship was faked. I have never dated someone from the Internet, the same time an Internet long distance relationship.

The guy was also preparing for the biggest season of his life. How he performed his senior season would determine the rest of his life. If I was him I would spend every second preparing for my senior season.

Bolded part: Bingo. I was "good friends" with someone over the internet for ten years before finally meeting her, finding out she was a bitch, and leaving the country before my trip was actually supposed to finish (it's a long story).

Internet BF/GF is not necessarily the same as BF/GF, especially in today's electronic age.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is why does it matter if he got duped or started the hoax or whatever. We have complete scum bags in the NFL everywhere and i guarantee you if we draft him then all of us will cheer for him. The only thing that really matters is can he play football. Thats it end of story. Im so sick of hearing how hes horrible cuz he didn't attend the "funeral". I let everyone in on something here that pix knows. I met my wife online we started dating before we actually met and i guarantee u if she had died before we actually met i wouldn't have attended the funeral either and tge why is pretty simple if u think about it. Avoiding a horrible situation where u get asked by everyone how did u know her. If u dont attend will u really be missed when no one there even knows u. Of course not. 1 reason this has turned into such a big deal is because its ND and ND is one of those schools u either love or u hate. Maybe this makes me a horrible person but u know what i couldn't care less

Question is why does it matter if he got duped or started the hoax or whatever. We have complete scum bags in the NFL everywhere and i guarantee you if we draft him then all of us will cheer for him. The only thing that really matters is can he play football. Thats it end of story. Im so sick of hearing how hes horrible cuz he didn't attend the "funeral". I let everyone in on something here that pix knows. I met my wife online we started dating before we actually met and i guarantee u if she had died before we actually met i wouldn't have attended the funeral either and tge why is pretty simple if u think about it. Avoiding a horrible situation where u get asked by everyone how did u know her. If u dont attend will u really be missed when no one there even knows u. Of course not. 1 reason this has turned into such a big deal is because its ND and ND is one of those schools u either love or u hate. Maybe this makes me a horrible person but u know what i couldn't care less

Your not horrible, if you don't care why you stick up for him? I think ray Lewis. Is a bad human, but great linebacker. If we drafted Teo, I would root for him but not like him. Some people care about like that, so I guess if you don't care just say that, and don't stick up for him.

Dating is a in person thing not online talking. Talking is just that, The whole process of meeting someone online is to get to up close and personal. , and get to actually having something real. The women I meet online, turns in to phone conversations and meeting in a few weeks or it just isn't real.

Dating is a in person thing not online talking. Talking is just that, The whole process of meeting someone online is to get to up close and personal. , and get to actually having something real. The women I meet online, turns in to phone conversations and meeting in a few weeks or it just isn't real.

Guess my 9 yr marriage aint real then huh. Ive got 2 boys and 1 in the burner yup all fake lol

Your not horrible, if you don't care why you stick up for him? I think ray Lewis. Is a bad human, but great linebacker. If we drafted Teo, I would root for him but not like him. Some people care about like that, so I guess if you don't care just say that, and don't stick up for him.

Im not sticking up for him. I don't think hes all at fault but hes also not completely innocent either. I was using perspective instead of just killing him like so many ppl want to do

Guess my 9 yr marriage aint real then huh. Ive got 2 boys and 1 in the burner yup all fake lol

Well that is the point, you got together. You had intentions of meeting, and finally got together. Otherwise let me know how you got her pregnant using a computer screen, and we could make millions with live fake sex.

Im not sticking up for him. I don't think hes all at fault but hes also not completely innocent either. I was using perspective instead of just killing him like so many ppl want to do

I think it's getting old that people are wasting this much energy on this subject.

I'm a ND fan, think he's flakey, will still be drafted in RD1, will still have a decent NFL career, wouldn't cry if the Bears took him, and think there's bigger issues than talking about Te'o and his imaginery girlfriend.

I think it's getting old that people are wasting this much energy on this subject.

I'm a ND fan, think he's flakey, will still be drafted in RD1, will still have a decent NFL career, wouldn't cry if the Bears took him, and think there's bigger issues than talking about Te'o and his imaginery girlfriend.

Thank u. The only thing that really matters is can the dude play. Plain and simple

Well that is the point, you got together. You had intentions of meeting, and finally got together. Otherwise let me know how you got her pregnant using a computer screen, and we could make millions with live fake sex.

U mentioned about meeting within couple wks. Far from it for us. We didn't even talk on phone for a month. No pictures ever exchanged. And if u have followed details of this case they had arranged to get together several times with something always coming up. But my whole point os why does it even matter. This is his 1st blemish on a otherwise clean record. This isn't criminal either.

U mentioned about meeting within couple wks. Far from it for us. We didn't even talk on phone for a month. No pictures ever exchanged. And if u have followed details of this case they had arranged to get together several times with something always coming up. But my whole point os why does it even matter. This is his 1st blemish on a otherwise clean record. This isn't criminal either.

Your relationship with your wife sounds great and you have my admiration for that.

In the bold section of your comment- You believe this because why? Per Manti's family they had already met a bunch of times.

Also, unless you're an investigating party or a prosecutor with knowledge of an investigation- you should probably stay away from saying "this isn't criminal". I have contacts in the South Bend area that are shaking Notre Dame and Manti HARD with ZERO cooperation from Manti. They have been assigned to investigate alleged foundations set up in this fake woman's name IN the South Bend area. Will anything come up- maybe, maybe not....but don't pretend to know whether there was any criminal involvement here as this issue went public just last week.

I am shocked so many have run to defend Manti on this. I was a HUGE fan of his throughout his career, but not anymore.

Also, unless you're an investigating party or a prosecutor with knowledge of an investigation- you should probably stay away from saying "this isn't criminal". I have contacts in the South Bend area that are shaking Notre Dame and Manti HARD with ZERO cooperation from Manti. They have been assigned to investigate alleged foundations set up in this fake woman's name IN the South Bend area. Will anything come up- maybe, maybe not....but don't pretend to know whether there was any criminal involvement here as this issue went public just last week.

I am shocked so many have run to defend Manti on this. I was a HUGE fan of his throughout his career, but not anymore.

If they are doing a criminal investigation, they aren't doing a great job at not 'polluting the well'. Granted in today's world of cyber speed it is getting more and more difficult to do investigations like this without someone knowing...something. But, it sounds as thought Te'o knew this would be going public sometime in early December, from who I don't know. But if there were other charges stemming from this whole mess, me thinks there would have been something said about it by now. I could be wrong, been there before. But at this point the strongest case (IMHO) would be in a civil court, probably not criminal.

If they are doing a criminal investigation, they aren't doing a great job at not 'polluting the well'. Granted in today's world of cyber speed it is getting more and more difficult to do investigations like this without someone knowing...something. But, it sounds as thought Te'o knew this would be going public sometime in early December, from who I don't know. But if there were other charges stemming from this whole mess, me thinks there would have been something said about it by now. I could be wrong, been there before. But at this point the strongest case (IMHO) would be in a civil court, probably not criminal.

This was exactly my point. Thx

Oh there will be civil from media outlets everywhere- you can bet on that.

In regards to saying "if there were criminal charges there would be something by now" that couldn't be further from the truth. An investigation pertaining to whether or not funds were obtained fraudulently could take 6 months to a year.

Also- please remember this didn't go public until a week ago. Manti knew people were snooping around to see in early December- the rest of the world has only known for a week.

Your relationship with your wife sounds great and you have my admiration for that.

In the bold section of your comment- You believe this because why? Per Manti's family they had already met a bunch of times.

This a talk forum and if anybody is bored with the subject we can just stop talking about. What makes it interesting to me is it is a sports story with a different sub text we have never seen before. If all we talked about was Xs and Os this site wouldn't be that much fun. This site has a lot of fans that make smart and stupid comments, its all good to me.

My Take on this maybe different then most being a ND Ulum. Internet relationships happen more then most people think. But the what feel happened was he was duped big time by Tuiasosopo, here the link http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/...sosopo/1863869/

The rest of the story is yet to be heard all out yet. He decided to play along out of embarrasment, The kid was duped and played as such because he didnt want it to get out. People do stupid things in certain times, and the end result here is that if Tuiasosopo never started the thing this whole thing would never have happened. It was not propogated by Manti, it was an attempted snuff by a kid who was totaly made a fool of.

My Take on this maybe different then most being a ND Ulum. Internet relationships happen more then most people think. But the what feel happened was he was duped big time by Tuiasosopo, here the link http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/...sosopo/1863869/

The rest of the story is yet to be heard all out yet. He decided to play along out of embarrasment, The kid was duped and played as such because he didnt want it to get out. People do stupid things in certain times, and the end result here is that if Tuiasosopo never started the thing this whole thing would never have happened. It was not propogated by Manti, it was an attempted snuff by a kid who was totaly made a fool of.

I agree with most of your statement, but its just not an embarrassing dumb act, he was gaining fame and sympathy from this. The only reason he got heisman consideration was due to this wonderful story, along with NDs rise to the top again. He has to take accountabity for his actions. He was so innocent in all this while cont. the saga, he was dating a girl from St. Marys. Funds were set up in his girlfriends name. My point is there is more to the story, as soon as the truth came out he was eliminating stuff on Twitter, u- tube videos he put on the internet. He might have been duped in the beginning, but rode it hard on his own later. Just let the rest of the story come out, and not the one he is trying to sell you.

I agree with most of your statement, but its just not an embarrassing dumb act, he was gaining fame and sympathy from this. The only reason he got heisman consideration was due to this wonderful story, along with NDs rise to the top again. He has to take accountabity for his actions. He was so innocent in all this while cont. the saga, he was dating a girl from St. Marys. Funds were set up in his girlfriends name. My point is there is more to the story, as soon as the truth came out he was eliminating stuff on Twitter, u- tube videos he put on the internet. He might have been duped in the beginning, but rode it hard on his own later. Just let the rest of the story come out, and not the one he is trying to sell you.

Story is coming out now. Tuasisosopo is going to speak out now and we also know his female cousin tino was the girl acting as lennay. Now let's not forget that outside of this story he had fantastic season which is being in all this. It's not like the only reason he gained votes was due to story. I've heard several voters actually say they still would have voted for him

Story is coming out now. Tuasisosopo is going to speak out now and we also know his female cousin tino was the girl acting as lennay. Now let's not forget that outside of this story he had fantastic season which is being in all this. It's not like the only reason he gained votes was due to story. I've heard several voters actually say they still would have voted for him

I'd certainly hope that voters would have chosen him based on his football performance and not off-the-field stuff.

I think it way boasted his status. How many defensive players get that high on ballots, rarely. He will be probably be the 4th or 5th lb taken in the draft, not worthy of his rating.

The only reason? No, but let's not fool ourselves. Part of his story was how much adversity he overcame due to his grandma and girlfriend dying 6 hours apart.

The only reason? No, but let's not fool ourselves. Part of his story was how much adversity he overcame due to his grandma and girlfriend dying 6 hours apart.

Yes i understand it was a combination of both. Im just sick of ppl making him out to be the worst human being on the planet yet hes no criminaluntil criminal charges are filed against him and hes found guilty i wont sit here and crush him. What ever happened to "innocent til proven guilty".