Bears targetting Wes Welker? (Rumor)

Bears4Ever_34

Don't flame me. I figured I might as well throw this out there just as a conversation piece for a while since these are slow news days. This Incarceratedbob dude is a bit of a wack job, but surprisingly has been right on many things NFL the last several years. He called the Mario Williams, and the Peyton Manning signings well before they happened. He also called the Brandon Marshall trade before many of the major networks got their information. Yes, he's been wrong several times as well.

So at any rate, take this with a grain of salt. I found it interesting. We know that Phil is looking for WR help. Welker is up there in age, but you can't argue with his production. I'd probably rather have Amendola, who's a younger version of Welker if we go the route of free agency. If we go the route of the draft, I'd rather have Tavon Austin. He fits the West Coast style of offense though, that's for sure. Very shifty, not fast, but supremely quick. Obviously much better than Bennett, who's really just another guy at this point.

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: 49ers management has targeted Wes Welker and will offer a mega multi year contract.. (Bears/Broncos/Miami)

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob

@nwfisch Yes Bears will kick tires on Welker.. 49ers and Broncos should be main players early in FA

OH HELL YES. As soon as I saw the title of this thread my eyes opened WIDE. This dude would do wonders for the offense since he's always open. The defense is forced to isolate someone on him at all times or risk him sitting in a zone for a perpetual 5-yard gain all the way down the field.

He'd do more for this offense than any 5th round speed guy, that's for damn sure.

Way too many drops for me.

I agree just using his name as a comparison. I can't see him coming up here and being a factor in this type of weather in Nov and Dec since he has played most of his life in Louisiana. I like th Idea of a draft pick to fill that role of speedy WR like Austin or Goodwin.

I agree just using his name as a comparison. I can't see him coming up here and being a factor in this type of weather in Nov and Dec since he has played most of his life in Louisiana. I like th Idea of a draft pick to fill that role of speedy WR like Austin or Goodwin.

I was talking about Welker.

No thanks. Is wanting near $10 mil. He's not worth it. To namy drops plus i have this gut feeling its brady that makes him damn good. Before brady he was nothing

It's a good problem to have, but all 3 of those guys, Welker, Brady, Belichek, if they all retire together on the Patriots, everyone will say "well, he wouldn't have been nearly as good without (Welker\Brady\Belichek). Welker generally gets the least recognition of the three, but consider that since he's been on NE, he's been responsible for 1 out of every 3 completions Tom Brady has thrown. He also had 111 receptions the year Brady didn't play, which means that even with Cassel back there, Welker still put up elite numbers. Anyway, my point is the only way to prove otherwise is to jump to another team, but why give up on a good thing? Money would be the only reason.

Besides the money, he drops too many passes. Over the past 2 years, he's had a few big drops in big games. For $8-10m/year, no thanks, especially consider they'll have to use some of that for an OT, because Johnson, Fisher and Joeckel will all be gone at 20, most likely.

There is no way in hell we spend 10 mil on a FA WR. that wipes out all of money.