J'Marcus Webb arrested on drug charges

balta1701-A

Driving 11 mph over the speed limit in bad weather is okay and then tweeting that you are heading to Texas to continue your off season training with weed on you is bad because it says that thats how you train,Ricky Williams ,Ced Benson style. Webb was on the team with Hurd who also had a residence in Texas,maybe Webb was one of his regular customers.Webb's body of work is not strong enough for him to over come off the field issues. What do you think Goodell will do when the arrest report comes across his desk?

First, as far as i can tell from looking at weather.com it didn't snow today there so the bad weather argument is moot.....He tweeted that after the arrest so im sure he doesn't have weed on him going to train.

Maybe he was a customer but what's your point?

He'll get a fine and a game suspension more than likely. With no charges being pressed he could just get the the fine.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm looking at this with a half full glass. My hope is that this will be a wake up/grow up moment in his life. Mine was at 22. Maybe his will be at 24.

I agree with this. It's a reality check. Luckily I was never caught with the stuff but it sure woulda made me straighten up. (I'm 67 days off the stuff BTW)

First, as far as i can tell from looking at weather.com it didn't snow today there so the bad weather argument is moot.....He tweeted that after the arrest so im sure he doesn't have weed on him going to train.

Maybe he was a customer but what's your point?

He'll get a fine and a game suspension more than likely. With no charges being pressed he could just get the the fine.

Big Ben was not charged with anything but was suspended for the beginning of a season and with Webb not denying the controlled substance was his fine is guaranteed but may be accompanied with a 1 game or 2 suspension. Goodell has been all over the map with his punishments.

Do you really want me to go down the road of why I made the comment about Hurd? Think about it. Several players got in Lovie's doghouse for things a lot of us didn't hear about.Explain to me why Anthony Adams,DJ Moore, Matt Toeina and others fell out of favor with the previous regime? Rumor has it that it was for repeatedly violating team rules and when DJ Moore made the comments about Cutler pushing Webb, his playing time got cut drastically.

Do you really want me to go down the road of why I made the comment about Hurd? Think about it. Several players got in Lovie's doghouse for things a lot of us didn't hear about.

Hurd was basically a real life American Gangster. That's a far cry from getting busted with 2.5oz. Still enough to get in the coaches doghouse though, true.

But I, too, am hoping it's a wake-up call. Rashaan Salaam's wake-up call didn't happen until after he left the Bears...didn't do us any good. Of course, Webb is far from a 1st round draft pick.

Big Ben was not charged with anything but was suspended for the beginning of a season and with Webb not denying the controlled substance was his fine is guaranteed but may be accompanied with a 1 game or 2 suspension. Goodell has been all over the map with his punishments.

Do you really want me to go down the road of why I made the comment about Hurd? Think about it. Several players got in Lovie's doghouse for things a lot of us didn't hear about.Explain to me why Anthony Adams,DJ Moore, Matt Toeina and others fell out of favor with the previous regime? Rumor has it that it was for repeatedly violating team rules and when DJ Moore made the comments about Cutler pushing Webb, his playing time got cut drastically.

Still not seeing your point as Lovie is gone and Nate Collins is about to get 1.33M after getting busted last offseason.

Collins got a 1 game suspension so I can imagine Webb gets the same.

Hurd was basically a real life American Gangster. That's a far cry from getting busted with 2.5oz. Still enough to get in the coaches doghouse though, true.

But I, too, am hoping it's a wake-up call. Rashaan Salaam's wake-up call didn't happen until after he left the Bears...didn't do us any good. Of course, Webb is far from a 1st round draft pick.

Just to clarify, you mean 2.5 grams right? 2.5oz would put him in some deep shit.

Still not seeing your point as Lovie is gone and Nate Collins is about to get 1.33M after getting busted last offseason.

Collins got a 1 game suspension so I can imagine Webb gets the same.

My point is that Webb has a chance to start over with a new staff and if he wants to solidify his starting position as Cutler's blindside protector, he has done something stupid.IMO he is not good enough for a team to overlook off the field stupidity.Regardless of whether we liked Lovie or not, news like this was rare.He is showing a lack of maturity and I don't know if he should be trusted to protect the QB's blindside.

Lets face it scs787 if you look up "old school" you might see my picture.I know I'm being anal about this but we all make mistakes in life but I'm not sure I'd be willing to jeopardize millions for a buzz.

My point is that Webb has a chance to start over with a new staff and if he wants to solidify his starting position as Cutler's blindside protector, he has done something stupid.IMO he is not good enough for a team to overlook off the field stupidity.Regardless of whether we liked Lovie or not, news like this was rare.He is showing a lack of maturity and I don't know if he should be trusted to protect the QB's blindside.

Lets face it scs787 if you look up "old school" you might see my picture.I know I'm being anal about this but we all make mistakes in life but I'm not sure I'd be willing to jeopardize millions for a buzz.

Your right, with all the questions regarding Webb then with a new staff coming in, time to take the next step and instead he does stupid stuff.(not the pot but getting caught) If he trains in Texas dont you think you would just by some pot when you got home? Nope , lets smoke some pot. A lack of sense, which doesnt bold well for making an impression.

Exactly how I feel about this.

He'll have to solidify his starting position in camp. This incident won't solidify him out of the starting position, he's still gonna be given a chance to win the job and there should be no bias because of this. If he's the best player, then he's the best player.

I understand being old school, but ya gotta face it, we're living in an era where weed is not a big deal. If it were they wouldn't have dropped Webbs charges and Nate Collins wouldn't be getting paid 1.33M for our beloved Bears.

Your right, with all the questions regarding Webb then with a new staff coming in, time to take the next step and instead he does stupid stuff.(not the pot but getting caught) If he trains in Texas dont you think you would just by some pot when you got home? Nope , lets smoke some pot. A lack of sense, which doesnt bold well for making an impression.

I'm taking this another way as far as the training in Texas goes. Now I don't know his off season schedule but I don't think he planned to start so soon. I'm taking this as the bust was a reality check and now he's gonna train harder. His latest tweets before the bust said he was on vacation, so he wasn't in the midst of his offseason training program or anything. I don't think he just ironically began it on a Wednesday after getting busted for pot, I think he was just hit with a reality check that forced him to get his shit together right then and there.

Collins is getting more results than Webb...

If Ryan Clady was Tommy Chong, the team wouldn't worry. But when a low level player f's up...it's a much bigger deal regardless what the off the field f-up is...

I understand being old school, but ya gotta face it, we're living in an era where weed is not a big deal. If it were they wouldn't have dropped Webbs charges and Nate Collins wouldn't be getting paid 1.33M for our beloved Bears.

Sam Hurd had a ridiculously large amount of ganja, was selling and had other things if I remember correctly....Webb had so little that the judge is not even pressing charges...There's a huge difference there.

Just saw he was going 76 in a 65. That's not that bad.

First off you cant compare Webb's drug arrest to Sam Hurd's because Webb's was for the little amount of "ganja" and Hurd's was for kilos of cocanie

scs

HA! I just realized your tagline. Hilarious. I don't think it's exactly related or as accurate as my tag line, but it's got merit to it.

Haha, I thought you'd like it.

If Ryan Clady was Tommy Chong, the team wouldn't worry. But when a low level player f's up...it's a much bigger deal regardless what the off the field f-up is...

My point is if the front office frowned upon pot so much do you think they'd give a backup (albeit a utilized backup, sure) who smokes/smoked 1.33M?

First off you cant compare Webb's drug arrest to Sam Hurd's because Webb's was for the little amount of "ganja" and Hurd's was for kilos of cocanie

I wasn't, lemon was. My point is your point.

My point, like pretty much all things in life...if you have someone performing (in whatever positive capacity, be it on an all star level or as a solid contributor), focus tends to veer away from such indescretions. Whereas a person struggling in performance has yet one more ting that can shift the balance of the scale in the negative direction and make that person replaceable.

My point is if the front office frowned upon pot so much do you think they'd give a backup (albeit a utilized backup, sure) who smokes/smoked 1.33M?

Exactly a lot depends on you perform on the field and no one can say he has ever been good up to this point

He'll have to solidify his starting position in camp. This incident won't solidify him out of the starting position, he's still gonna be given a chance to win the job and there should be no bias because of this. If he's the best player, then he's the best player.

I'm taking this another way as far as the training in Texas goes. Now I don't know his off season schedule but I don't think he planned to start so soon. I'm taking this as the bust was a reality check and now he's gonna train harder. His latest tweets before the bust said he was on vacation, so he wasn't in the midst of his offseason training program or anything. I don't think he just ironically began it on a Wednesday after getting busted for pot, I think he was just hit with a reality check that forced him to get his shit together right then and there.

Wait so now u think this is a reality check but when jay cutler pushes him and the public wants him cut, thats not a reality check. WTF. Wouldn't u have gotten the msg when ur qb is beratting u on national tv or all those times u look back and your qb is lying on the ground after another missed assignment by you. Is he really that dumb that after several yrs of watching your qb get blown up that your just now getting a reality check after getting busted off the field. Forget it i wont no part of that if that's true. And smoking pot may not be a big deal to u however it shows how dumb he is to do it when its illegal and he should know that NFL doesn't screw around with things like that

Wait so now u think this is a reality check but when jay cutler pushes him and the public wants him cut, thats not a reality check. WTF. Wouldn't u have gotten the msg when ur qb is beratting u on national tv or all those times u look back and your qb is lying on the ground after another missed assignment by you. Is he really that dumb that after several yrs of watching your qb get blown up that your just now getting a reality check after getting busted off the field. Forget it i wont no part of that if that's true. And smoking pot may not be a big deal to u however it shows how dumb he is to do it when its illegal and he should know that NFL doesn't screw around with things like that

And despite what you people think he performed better after the push happened.

You guys are never gonna quit till he's named the starter next year and then I'm gonna leave the board again because all I'm gonna hear is more and more bitchin and moaning about a player who has developed like damn near every 7th round pick that has ever became anything.

For the 10th time there will be competition in camp, there's no question about that, and Webb will be apart of that competition whether you all like it or not.

Marijuana is used by a LARGE portion of the NFL, is it illegal? in most states, yes. Is it legal to have it Chicago??? Kinda. Unless you're dealing, or for whatever reason are carrying around 400 dollars worth of weed, you're only gonna get a fine.. Is it something that is gonna make an NFL player lose their job?? absolutely not. No matter the talent level.

The only reason you people are making that big a deal of it is because it happened to everyones favorite whipping boy.

You guys are never gonna quit till he's named the starter next year and then I'm gonna leave the board again because all I'm gonna hear is more and more bitchin and moaning about a player who has developed like damn near every 7th round pick that has ever became anything.

For the 10th time there will be competition in camp, there's no question about that, and Webb will be apart of that competition whether you all like it or not.

Marijuana is used by a LARGE portion of the NFL, is it illegal? in most states, yes. Is it legal to have it Chicago??? Kinda. Unless you're dealing, or for whatever reason are carrying around 400 dollars worth of weed, you're only gonna get a fine.. Is it something that is gonna make an NFL player lose their job?? absolutely not. No matter the talent level.

The only reason you people are making that big a deal of it is because it happened to everyone's favorite whipping boy.

Hes not my favorite whipping boy. Far from it. To me it shows his maturity level. It's a big risk for a person in the NFL. It's illegal in the NFL and they will suspend players for just 1st time use. Think of it like this. Is that weed so good that u will risk being suspended. Even just 1 game means 1 game check that u just lost because u wanted to get high. Doesn't matter if it's illegal in that particular state or country. Is it illegal as far as your employer is concerned. If i smoked it in Colorado(where it is legal) doesn't make it ok for me. Even if im off duty i still lose my job

The only reason you people are making that big a deal of it is because it happened to everyones favorite whipping boy.

Did webb improve this yr. Yes. Most have even acknowledged that he has however that doesn't mean he was good when he wasn't. So stop pretending like he is

Hes not my favorite whipping boy. Far from it. To me it shows his maturity level. It's a big risk for a person in the NFL. It's illegal in the NFL and they will suspend players for just 1st time use. Think of it like this. Is that weed so good that u will risk being suspended. Even just 1 game means 1 game check that u just lost because u wanted to get high. Doesn't matter if it's illegal in that particular state or country. Is it illegal as far as your employer is concerned. If i smoked it in Colorado(where it is legal) doesn't make it ok for me. Even if im off duty i still lose my job

According to some reports ~1/2 the league thinks so. But I guess half the league is immature.

Did webb improve this yr. Yes. Most have even acknowledged that he has however that doesn't mean he was good when he wasn't. So stop pretending like he is

Given what he had next to him he did an average job. I don't care how much it gets ripped, PFF had him ranked as a slightly above average pass protector last year. You put that slightly average pass protection next to a guy worth a damn and he becomes a good pass protector, for much less than Brandon Albert.

Example, Bushrod was an awful pass protector yet Carl Nicks and later Ben Grubbs made him a Pro Bowler.

Jonathon Cooper is being touted, by a well respected draft analyst, as an elite level OG, put him next Webb and I believe the left side of line is fixed.