J'Marcus Webb arrested on drug charges

balta1701-A

Well, this ought to add some spice to the site.

Chicago Bears left tackle J’Marcus Webb reportedly is facing drug charges in downstate Pulaski County, and the team issued a statement Wednesday confirming that Webb had been arrested.

“We are aware of the recent arrest of J’Marcus Webb in Pulaski County, Illinois," the Bears said in a statement. "We are currently gathering information to learn more about the circumstances surrounding the arrest.”

According to KVFS-TV, Webb was arrested by a Pulaski County deputy on Sunday night. He reportedly has been charged with possession of controlled substance, cannabis and paraphanalia. - See more at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...h.foN8Fg8i.dpuf

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With reports that a large % of the NFL smokes it's really no surprise....Pretty dumb to get caught though.

Like Pompei just tweeted

Dan Pompei ‏@danpompei

Re: J'Marcus Webb--if NFL teams cut every player who smoked dope, they might have to go with 33 man rosters instead of 53.

It's too bad he wasn't in Chicago at the time. The reports said he had a "small amount" which wouldn't garner an arrest in Chicago. You need more than an Oz to get arrested in the city

With reports that a large % of the NFL smokes it's really no surprise....Pretty dumb to get caught though.

Like Pompei just tweeted

It's too bad he wasn't in Chicago at the time. The reports said he had a "small amount" which wouldn't garner an arrest in Chicago. You need more than an Oz to get arrested in the city

It happened as a result of him driving over the speed limit in a downstate county in this weather. What a moron. He nust really believe that his roster spot and starting position are etched in stone when most of the pundits are saying the team needs help on the OL and his name is the first one mentioned in conjunction with the OL.

I'm wondering how strong you are going continue to support a player who seems to be oblivious to how important his role is on the team if he is the starting LOT.

It happened as a result of him driving over the speed limit in a downstate county in this weather. What a moron. He nust really believe that his roster spot and starting position are etched in stone when most of the pundits are saying the team needs help on the OL and his name is the first one mentioned in conjunction with the OL.

I'm wondering how strong you are going continue to support a player who seems to be oblivious to how important his role is on the team if he is the starting LOT.

It really changes nothing for me honestly. There will be some sort of competition brought in and I'm sure guys like Carimi, Brown, Scott, and Brandon will get a crack at it as well. Do I think he wins it over the players mentioned? Yes. Could he get beat out by any of them? Sure. Will the competition they bring in be better? Maybe.....I certainly don't take his job away from him for this as it's pretty clear a good portion of the NFL does it, and I'm sure the higher ups aren't oblivious to it.

He won't be handed the job but I certainly think he can win it. It's as simple as that when you ask my opinion.

We've all been guilty of speeding in our lives as well...We may not have gotten caught but we have all sped.

It really changes nothing for me honestly. There will be some sort of competition brought in and I'm sure guys like Carimi, Brown, Scott, and Brandon will get a crack at it as well. Do I think he wins it over the players mentioned? Yes. Could he get beat out by any of them? Sure. Will the competition they bring in be better? Maybe.....I certainly don't take his job away from him for this as it's pretty clear a good portion of the NFL does it, and I'm sure the higher ups aren't oblivious to it.

He won't be handed the job but I certainly think he can win it. It's as simple as that when you ask my opinion.

We've all been guilty of speeding in our lives as well...We may not have gotten caught but we have all sped.

Don't get me wrong, I support your decision to support any Bears player but even with now the Pulaski County State's Attorney saying he will not pursue drug charges against Webb it still tells me that a guy who has one of the most coveted jobs monetarily in the league is not worthy of the position.That coupled with his past struggles aginst some of the elite pass rushers in the league tells me he doesn't deserve to have the job handed to him and just like the defense put your best 2 OT's on the field no matter who they are and if they have a real competition he will not win especially if they add players to the mix. I still believe he was fast forwarded without proper development.

Don't get me wrong, I support your decision to support any Bears player but even with now the Pulaski County State's Attorney saying he will not pursue drug charges against Webb it still tells me that a guy who has one of the most coveted jobs monetarily in the league is not worthy of the position.That coupled with his past struggles aginst some of the elite pass rushers in the league tells me he doesn't deserve to have the job handed to him and just like the defense put your best 2 OT's on the field no matter who they are and if they have a real competition he will not win especially if they add players to the mix. I still believe he was fast forwarded without proper development.

I noted I think there will be competition, as there should be, he won't be handed anything just like he never has been handed anything.

Furthermore if they don't add a competent LG then it really won't matter who they give the job to as they too will struggle. When the LG isn't giving you any kind of help on a guy like Smith and Matthews that leaves the them open to moves to both sides which is an awful lot to ask for to defend against.

If they FO frowned upon marijuana so much they wouldn't have brought back NATE Collins (I called him Nick earlier).

I noted I think there will be competition, as there should be, he won't be handed anything just like he never has been handed anything.

Furthermore if they don't add a competent LG then it really won't matter who they give the job to as they too will struggle. When the LG isn't giving you any kind of help on a guy like Smith and Matthews that leaves the them open to moves to both sides which is an awful lot to ask for to defend against.

If they FO frowned upon marijuana so much they wouldn't have brought back NATE Collins (I called him Nick earlier).

They frowned real hard when Sam Hurd was charged. Also Collins is not protecting your starting QB.

They frowned real hard when Sam Hurd was charged. Also Collins is not protecting your starting QB.

Sam Hurd had a ridiculously large amount of ganja, was selling and had other things if I remember correctly....Webb had so little that the judge is not even pressing charges...There's a huge difference there.

Just saw he was going 76 in a 65. That's not that bad.

Sam Hurd had a ridiculously large amount of ganja, was selling and had other things if I remember correctly....Webb had so little that the judge is not even pressing charges...There's a huge difference there.

Just saw he was going 76 in a 65. That's not that bad.

Driving 11 mph over the speed limit in bad weather is okay and then tweeting that you are heading to Texas to continue your off season training with weed on you is bad because it says that thats how you train,Ricky Williams ,Ced Benson style. Webb was on the team with Hurd who also had a residence in Texas,maybe Webb was one of his regular customers.Webb's body of work is not strong enough for him to over come off the field issues. What do you think Goodell will do when the arrest report comes across his desk?