Jonathan Scott is back

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Good move. This all but assures Carimi's last option is at G with Webb battling Scott at RT.

Nice signing. He did a solid job for us as a starter. IMO, we're penciling Carimi in as a starter at guard. Expect us to sign Lance Louis next only to be followed by signing some guy none of us has ever heard of before.

This give us REAL draft flexibility. Brad Biggs tweeted we wouldn't be as likely to draft an offensive tackle in the draft after signing Scott. But why not? We don't want to upgrade J Webb? As for the draft, I think we'll take an explosive WR who can stretch the field in round #1. Phil Emery was working in Kansas City when they passed on Carimi to draft Jon Baldwin.

I could see us drafting a cornerback, defensive lineman, offensive lineman, linebacker . . . pretty much the only spot I don't see us taking in round #1 are QB, RB, TE, and safety.

Nice signing. He did a solid job for us as a starter. IMO, we're penciling Carimi in as a starter at guard. Expect us to sign Lance Louis next only to be followed by signing some guy none of us has ever heard of before.

This give us REAL draft flexibility. Brad Biggs tweeted we wouldn't be as likely to draft an offensive tackle in the draft after signing Scott. But why not? We don't want to upgrade J Webb? As for the draft, I think we'll take an explosive WR who can stretch the field in round #1. Phil Emery was working in Kansas City when they passed on Carimi to draft Jon Baldwin.

I could see us drafting a cornerback, defensive lineman, offensive lineman, linebacker . . . pretty much the only spot I don't see us taking in round #1 are QB, RB, TE, and safety.

Yeah, this is another solid signing/re-signing by Emery.

I still think the first two picks are from this pool: (OG, WR, LB, CB).

No surprise here as the team has openly courted Scott to return, thus signaling their intentions of Carimi finding a job at OG, maybe LG is the most logical since he's had more time playing on the left side in college than he's played on the right in the NFL. Just had to wait for the market to bottom out.

Now Lance Louis has to get serious about finding work! I think his best chance to make a positive impression for a long term contract is a 1yr deal with Chicago and that's what I expect will happen.

No surprise here as the team has openly courted Scott to return, thus signaling their intentions of Carimi finding a job at OG, maybe LG is the most logical since he's had more time playing on the left side in college than he's played on the right in the NFL. Just had to wait for the market to bottom out.

Now Lance Louis has to get serious about finding work! I think his best chance to make a positive impression for a long term contract is a 1yr deal with Chicago and that's what I expect will happen.

I dont see anybody giving Louis a big contract, he wont be ready to play until training camp and bet he cant pass a physical, which limits his desire for other teams.I think we offer him a one year deal to prove himself and try to gain a solid contract. The first round pick is quite open for anything but a QB,RB,TE. I like what we have going on here with Emery. ( the only thing I dont understand is why anybody would want to sign here after the way the team treated Urlacher)

I dont see anybody giving Louis a big contract, he wont be ready to play until training camp and bet he cant pass a physical, which limits his desire for other teams.I think we offer him a one year deal to prove himself and try to gain a solid contract. The first round pick is quite open for anything but a QB,RB,TE. I like what we have going on here with Emery. ( the only thing I dont understand is why anybody would want to sign here after the way the team treated Urlacher)

There are plenty of players around the league who can find millions, or at least hundreds of thousands of reasons to sign here. The Bears gave Urlacher over $60million during his career, that's bad treatment?

There are plenty of players around the league who can find millions, or at least hundreds of thousands of reasons to sign here. The Bears gave Urlacher over $60million during his career, that's bad treatment?

I am just trying to be a smart ass when I stated (why anybody would want to sign here), since some people on here made that type of statement.

I am just trying to be a smart ass when I stated (why anybody would want to sign here), since some people on here made that type of statement.

There is a possibility that some players may have been turned off by how the Bears handled the Urlacher situation, but that seems to be the trend with aging vets. It is more of a business now than it ever has been.

Not surprisingly, you confuse the concepts of which we spoke. Obviously scrubs like Scott would sign, because if he didn't there's a possibility that he doesn't sign south of the Canadian border. But it remains to be seen if Chicago can pursue and tempt the high price, high profile free agents. I believe word from respected vets like Urlacher holds value for those all-stars searching for a new team.

Not surprisingly, you confuse the concepts of which we spoke. Obviously scrubs like Scott would sign, because if he didn't there's a possibility that he doesn't sign south of the Canadian border. But it remains to be seen if Chicago can pursue and tempt the high price, high profile free agents. I believe word from respected vets like Urlacher holds value for those all-stars searching for a new team.

Agree on Scott signing because his options are limited.

But what "all-stars searching for a new team" are we now looking at? And I have don't think that "word" from Url or anyone else makes one bit of difference. $ is the key. If we got the $ they will come.

Agree on Scott signing because his options are limited.

But what "all-stars searching for a new team" are we now looking at? And I have don't think that "word" from Url or anyone else makes one bit of difference. $ is the key. If we got the $ they will come.

Chicago isn't looking for them now. I never said they were. But the pro athletes of today are not like yesteryear. They converse with one another. Network. Form friendships. Just look at the revolution of sorts taking place in the NBA. It's ignorant to think that free agents don't talk to the stars of the team with which they could potentially sign. And in that regard, I believe Urlacher's word held persuasive weight.

Chicago isn't looking for them now. I never said they were. But the pro athletes of today are not like yesteryear. They converse with one another. Network. Form friendships. Just look at the revolution of sorts taking place in the NBA. It's ignorant to think that free agents don't talk to the stars of the team with which they could potentially sign. And in that regard, I believe Urlacher's word held persuasive weight.

I do see your point. Still, i do believe that $ is the final decider.

Also, who has "Urlacher's word held persuasive weight." with? Are we after someone that Url has counseled to go elsewhere?

So you honestly believe that if they would've announced Urlacher wouldn't be back on March 10, Bushrod and Bennett wouldn't be with the team right now?

I didnt confuse anything, your statement wasnt pointed to (all star type players), but lets face it fringe players are looking for jobs and will take what they get, but the only big contracts we signed would have had any effect because Urlacher was being showed the door. Over all players go where the money is and where they might be able to win a ring. All those other little points mean very little. It matters to you, but last time I checked you dont play in the NFL.

So you honestly believe that if they would've announced Urlacher wouldn't be back on March 10, Bushrod and Bennett wouldn't be with the team right now?

Possibly. Probably not with those two. I don't really consider either a "star" the likes of which that other players would clamor over. Especially not Bennett since he's been a backup most his career and has only had one good season out of five. I'm talking about the Julius Peppers type free agents, the guys that everybody wants.

Think of it another way. You're a free agent linebacker. Do you go to the team that has Ray Lewis calling the shots, hyping the team, leading the organization, or do you go to the team that just dumped their unquestioned leader on defense and replaced him with a guy who bounced all over the place in the Denver LB corp, never cementing a role at MLB, before getting suspended last year for trying to cheat a urinalysis with what was probably horse urine? The former sounds more like an organization I'd rather join.

I didnt confuse anything, your statement wasnt pointed to (all star type players), but lets face it fringe players are looking for jobs and will take what they get, but the only big contracts we signed would have had any effect because Urlacher was being showed the door. Over all players go where the money is and where they might be able to win a ring. All those other little points mean very little. It matters to you, but last time I checked you dont play in the NFL.

Last time I checked you don't know a damn thing about what an NFL player has going through his head. My point is just as valid as yours in that regard. In fact, mine is more valid because other than Randy Moss ("straight cash homey"), most players will say it's not all about the money. If it were me, and I were choosing teams as an NFL player, it wouldn't just be money driving my decision. How the organization is run counts for something as well. How the organization treats their veterans counts for something as well. My overall chances of winning and producing stats that would help me win a future contract are also under consideration. What the other players on the team say about the ownership, management, and coaches speaks volumes. There have to be countless other things being considered.

Do you honestly think the players sit down and basically weigh only the financials of their decisions? That's just ridiculous.

Think of it another way. You're a free agent linebacker. Do you go to the team that has Ray Lewis calling the shots, hyping the team, leading the organization, or do you go to the team that just dumped their unquestioned leader on defense and replaced him with a guy who bounced all over the place in the Denver LB corp, never cementing a role at MLB, before getting suspended last year for trying to cheat a urinalysis with what was probably horse urine? The former sounds more like an organization I'd rather join.

It all depends on what player I am. If I feel I'm good, yet unrecognized, I want to be the man somewhere. If I'm in the twilight of my carreer, I want to win, so I go to a winer. If I'm greedy, I go to the Browns for top dollar. If I'm pretty and personable, I go to a big media market for more endorsements. If Ray Lewis gets me any of that I'll take it. If not, I'll go where I can.

I see no place Urlacher helps anyone fit better.

Last time I checked you don't know a damn thing about what an NFL player has going through his head. My point is just as valid as yours in that regard. In fact, mine is more valid because other than Randy Moss ("straight cash homey"), most players will say it's not all about the money. If it were me, and I were choosing teams as an NFL player, it wouldn't just be money driving my decision. How the organization is run counts for something as well. How the organization treats their veterans counts for something as well. My overall chances of winning and producing stats that would help me win a future contract are also under consideration. What the other players on the team say about the ownership, management, and coaches speaks volumes. There have to be countless other things being considered.

Do you honestly think the players sit down and basically weigh only the financials of their decisions? That's just ridiculous.

No but I think more weight is being given to Urlacher's situation by fans than what the vast majority of players consider. I'd say a winning organization carries far more weight than how one player was treated at the end of his legendary career. I'll use a single data point here: New England regularly dumps key veterans by refusing to give into large contract demands (they just dumped Welker after refusing to give him a long term deal) yet each year are considered by many veterans to be a solid destination spot. IIRC Urlacher mentioned them as a possibility.

It all depends on what player I am. If I feel I'm good, yet unrecognized, I want to be the man somewhere. If I'm in the twilight of my carreer, I want to win, so I go to a winer. If I'm greedy, I go to the Browns for top dollar. If I'm pretty and personable, I go to a big media market for more endorsements. If Ray Lewis gets me any of that I'll take it. If not, I'll go where I can.

I see no place Urlacher helps anyone fit better.

All that is kind of my point. It's more than just money.

No but I think more weight is being given to Urlacher's situation by fans than what the vast majority of players consider. I'd say a winning organization carries far more weight than how one player was treated at the end of his legendary career. I'll use a single data point here: New England regularly dumps key veterans by refusing to give into large contract demands (they just dumped Welker after refusing to give him a long term deal) yet each year are considered by many veterans to be a solid destination spot. IIRC Urlacher mentioned them as a possibility.

Agreed. And until the Bears can replicate that type of success, their moves are rightly more scrutinized than the moves made by the Patriots.