McShay's Mock

bschmaranz

That's silly, there is no way that will happen. We are going OG, LB, and CB with at least 3 of our picks. Then probably WR, DT, C.

I agree. I just can't see us taking a TE in the 1st rd. Would be very intriguing having Bennett and eifert down the seems working middle and Marshall Jeffrey and Bennett doing the rest.

Didn't work for NE..... I don't want this but if he is the BPA maybe Emery does it, as someone else already said it would be a pretty hard combo to defend.

actually it is working in NE...the problem is the Pats dont have anyone worth a damn on the outside. Marshall and Jeffrey on the outside and Bennett and Eifert down the seem would be very hard to defend. I dont think they will go TE in the first but i do like the idea of OG, LB, CB, C

actually it is working in NE...the problem is the Pats dont have anyone worth a damn on the outside. Marshall and Jeffrey on the outside and Bennett and Eifert down the seem would be very hard to defend. I dont think they will go TE in the first but i do like the idea of OG, LB, CB, C

I was being sarcastic...

That would be a "Wow" move that I wouldn't expect. I can see the reasoning behind it, but it just doesn't appear to me that we would go this route, especially after the comments Emery made about these moves giving him "Flexibility." That sounds to me like he solidified the TE spot and now he can focus on other positions.

He still has us going with Eifert, despite the Bennett signing. He characterizes Bennett as being inconstant and thinks Trestman wants another weapon on the offensive end.

:rolleyes: :shakehead :rolleyes: :shakehead :rolleyes: :shakehead :rolleyes: :shakehead :rolleyes: :shakehead :rolleyes: :shakehead :rolleyes: :shakehead

But those guys who work in the league, and right beside the league, and are basically embedded with the teams, know sooooo much!

Break out the umbrellas if this happens, fellas, because pigs will be flying and I'm not sure if they have the same aiming ability as birds.

It certainly would lead to a dynamic passing offense but I can't see it happening.....MAYBE if we bring in an OG in FA which is still a certainly a possibility. If they bring in an OG then we don't have any clear 1st string needs to address so it could open the door for anything and everything. If Trestman wants 2 big TEs to run his offense then I'm down.

It would be really tough for defenses to defend Marshall, Bennett, Eifert, and Alshon who are all 6'3" or taller. Teams would be forced to drop LBs into coverage which sets up easier matchups up front....I really do like the idea but I don't see it happening

It certainly would lead to a dynamic passing offense but I can't see it happening.....MAYBE if we bring in an OG in FA which is still a certainly a possibility. If they bring in an OG then we don't have any clear 1st string needs to address so it could open the door for anything and everything. If Trestman wants 2 big TEs to run his offense then I'm down.

It would be really tough for defenses to defend Marshall, Bennett, Eifert, and Alshon who are all 6'3" or taller. Teams would be forced to drop LBs into coverage which sets up easier matchups up front....I really do like the idea but I don't see it happening

Slauson pickup helps your scenario, no?

Slauson pickup helps your scenario, no?

Absolutely...I still don't think they go that direction but I wouldn't be against it. It depends on how big a need they feel a LB of a future is and if they think Bowman or Hayden are suitable as the nickle DB. If they feel they can wait till the forth or fifth for either then the option is there.

If they can pull off a Eifert-Collins-Schwenke-CB-DT or a Eifert-Amerson-Schwenke-LB-DT or take a guy like Cave or Madsen in the 5th and switch the CB/LB pick to the 4th I can get behind that.

I find it more likely that the Bears would draft a speed receiver early then a TE like Eifert.

I find it more likely that the Bears would draft a speed receiver early then a TE like Eifert.

It all depends on the type of offense they run. The WCO works underneath throws to set up the deep ball. If teams are defending against the underneath pass then even the guys we have no have the ability to make plays down the field when Trestman calls for them to do so....I would like to see #4 added somewhere just in case theres an injury but I don't necessarily think he needs to be a burner. I wouldn't be against it at all and I do agree there's a better chance but I won't be against either choice.

It all depends on the type of offense they run. The WCO works underneath throws to set up the deep ball. If teams are defending against the underneath pass then even the guys we have no have the ability to make plays down the field when Trestman calls for them to do so....I would like to see #4 added somewhere just in case theres an injury but I don't necessarily think he needs to be a burner. I wouldn't be against it at all and I do agree there's a better chance but I won't be against either choice.

Its going to be some form of a WCO, which means we aint drafting a TE in the first.

Its going to be some form of a WCO, which means we aint drafting a TE in the first.

No, the fact that it's going to be a WCO doesn't mean they won't draft a TE. It's very doubtful though, esp with Evan Rodriguez on the roster....Denver ran a WCO when Jay was there and their 2 TEs combined for 72 catches and 1034 yards.

It's all very unlikely but would be incredibly intriguing

No, the fact that it's going to be a WCO doesn't mean they won't draft a TE. It's very doubtful though, esp with Evan Rodriguez on the roster....Denver ran a WCO when Jay was there and their 2 TEs combined for 72 catches and 1034 yards.

The point is

The point is NOT IN THE FIRST ROUND

The point is NOT IN THE FIRST ROUND

I've said quite a few times that I think its unlikely. But I wouldn't be opposed to it at all.

Once again, if the Bears like Hayden or Bowman to man the nickle position then they can wait till the later rounds to grab a CB. Tillman-Jennings-Bowman-Hayden and then one of Frey/Lewis/McManis/4-5 draft pick is a pretty solid group of CBs. It doesn't leave them with a guy who potentially takes over for Tillman but I believe Tillman still has a few more years of high level play in him so it's not that pressing of a need this year.

I'd be thoroughly intrigued and excited with an Eifert-Collins-Mathieu-Geathers-Madsen/Cave draft.

I've said quite a few times that I think its unlikely. But I wouldn't be opposed to it at all.

Once again, if the Bears like Hayden or Bowman to man the nickle position then they can wait till the later rounds to grab a CB. Tillman-Jennings-Bowman-Hayden and then one of Frey/Lewis/McManis/4-5 draft pick is a pretty solid group of CBs. It doesn't leave them with a guy who potentially takes over for Tillman but I believe Tillman still has a few more years of high level play in him so it's not that pressing of a need this year.

I'd be thoroughly intrigued and excited with an Eifert-Collins-Mathieu-Geathers-Madsen/Cave draft.

If we did that, then Emery would be admitting Evan is a wasted pick.

I am starting to see why your getting excited. I think we need to take that a step further and besides eifert in the first ,lets take Ertz in the second.Then we could line up Bennett in the slot, since we wont need a slot WR when we can have another TE. We put Evan in the backfield instead of Forte, he's taller and can block better. That way we have 6 players over 6-3 on the field at the same time and our offense would be unstoppable. I can thoroughly see why your intrigued.

I am starting to see why your getting excited. I think we need to take that a step further and besides eifert in the first ,lets take Ertz in the second.Then we could line up Bennett in the slot, since we wont need a slot WR when we can have another TE. We put Evan in the backfield instead of Forte, he's taller and can block better. That way we have 6 players over 6-3 on the field at the same time and our offense would be unstoppable. I can thoroughly see why your intrigued.

I assume you're just being an ass??? You are on to why I would be excited though. Having The Beast and Eifert on one side and Bennett and Jeffery on the other is bound to create a mismatch somewhere. It's hard to say it wouldn't be intriguing and that it wouldn't cause headaches for opposing defenses....Extremely unlikely though like I keep saying

I assume you're just being an ass??? You are on to why I would be excited though. Having The Beast and Eifert on one side and Bennett and Jeffery on the other is bound to create a mismatch somewhere. It's hard to say it wouldn't be intriguing and that it wouldn't cause headaches for opposing defenses....Extremely unlikely though like I keep saying

Might as well cut Earl Bennett then.