Lets just see??

Wesson44

To far removed to be a thought.....reaally??? Didn't the Falcons just sign a guy that has been in prison for 5 years and never played college ball or in the NFL...yes look it up...... Plax Burress, Mike Vick were in jail for two years and and there are others who have done it so your statement has no merit.

He played at 263 lbs now hes is down to 280 some more left to do but at 6'6 and can throw it 70 yds in the air. is cheap we can sign him....and as Jason said what can it hurt, if he blinks wrong we can cut him

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1590187...us-hits-the-gym

here is the problem with signing Russel, that means we wasted our time on someone that wont amount to anything, instead of finding someone that might have some value. Vick and Burress actually had good years that would give them more value on taking a shot with them. I think maybe you should start a carnival and have TO, Russel,ect and travel around and show off there big egos, because the NFL is not the place to take lousy risks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the problem with signing Russel, that means we wasted our time on someone that wont amount to anything, instead of finding someone that might have some value. Vick and Burress actually had good years that would give them more value on taking a shot with them. I think maybe you should start a carnival and have TO, Russel,ect and travel around and show off there big egos, because the NFL is not the place to take lousy risks.

+10000000000000000

TO had a good career, too.

Ok lets get Brady Quinn or Matt Leinart or Seneca Wallace

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0o...r-shot/related/

JAMARCUS RUSSELL SUCKS

But does he suck worse than the current third stringer? Doubtful. Regardless of his weight, attitude, and ability to read a defense, he was the number one pick of the draft for a variety of physical reasons. He has daily shits with the talent of Blanchard.

But does he suck worse than the current third stringer? Doubtful. Regardless of his weight, attitude, and ability to read a defense, he was the number one pick of the draft for a variety of physical reasons. He has daily shits with the talent of Blanchard.

So by your logic we should be pining for Ryan Leaf to come out of retirement to be a better backup to Cutler. SOMETIMES high rated players just end up sucking, as you pointed out somewhere the experts dont hit 40% on there picks.

So by your logic we should be pining for Ryan Leaf to come out of retirement to be a better backup to Cutler. SOMETIMES high rated players just end up sucking, as you pointed out somewhere the experts dont hit 40% on there picks.

Your extension of my logic is a little too far. The two major differences:

1) Russell is actively trying to get back into the NFL.

2) Russell is much closer to his playing days.

High rated players DO end up sucking, but like I said, even when he sucked he was better than the Bears current third stringer. Some professional athletes take several years to truly find their niche, their talent, their stride. IF this were to happen, it's a huge benefit to the Bears. There is literally no downside to this concept. I don't know why everyone is so against the idea. It's not like a TO or Moss situation from years ago where they could hurt the team with off-the-field antics and can't be cut because of talent. This guy could be cut for nothing. If a coach, any coach, doesn't like his effort one day, cut him. But, if he does actually try, then his skill level and talent is beyond the required cost to obtain him.

Your extension of my logic is a little too far. The two major differences:

1) Russell is actively trying to get back into the NFL.

2) Russell is much closer to his playing days.

High rated players DO end up sucking, but like I said, even when he sucked he was better than the Bears current third stringer. Some professional athletes take several years to truly find their niche, their talent, their stride. IF this were to happen, it's a huge benefit to the Bears. There is literally no downside to this concept. I don't know why everyone is so against the idea. It's not like a TO or Moss situation from years ago where they could hurt the team with off-the-field antics and can't be cut because of talent. This guy could be cut for nothing. If a coach, any coach, doesn't like his effort one day, cut him. But, if he does actually try, then his skill level and talent is beyond the required cost to obtain him.

The problem with your suggestion is , it isnt what we think about it , its what the Bears brass thinks about it, and its looking like they arent interested in your suggestion.

The problem with your suggestion is , it isnt what we think about it , its what the Bears brass thinks about it, and its looking like they arent interested in your suggestion.

Sigh. This comment again. I realize we don't sway decisions, but this is "TalkBears" not "ActuallyManageBears" for a reason. The point of this board is to discuss what we think about the Bears.

And the simple fact remains, there is nearly no downside to the Jamarcus Russell as a third-stringer. He has more talent and skill than probably any third stringer in the NFL. The investment is minimal. He would be an interesting puzzle piece to have now that the Bears are talking about utilizing the read-option. On top of all that, it's not like the Bears can't do without a guy like Blanchard.

Sigh. This comment again. I realize we don't sway decisions, but this is "TalkBears" not "ActuallyManageBears" for a reason. The point of this board is to discuss what we think about the Bears.

And the simple fact remains, there is nearly no downside to the Jamarcus Russell as a third-stringer. He has more talent and skill than probably any third stringer in the NFL. The investment is minimal. He would be an interesting puzzle piece to have now that the Bears are talking about utilizing the read-option. On top of all that, it's not like the Bears can't do without a guy like Blanchard.

Let me make this clear. I would rather have an UDFA as our 3rd instead of Russell. At least I know dude will show up and give it his all to make the team. We don't know this about Russell. Heck Russell has lost weight and still weights over 280. That's not a qb. Thats a DE

Just something to talk about. I list this in the same category as (replacing Moore and Idonije as the priority in the draft) conversation. Non important issues were discussing on here right now.

Ya because discussing players who are actually gonna see some time on the field is lumped into the same discussion as a #3 QB...gotcha.

Let me make this clear. I would rather have an UDFA as our 3rd instead of Russell. At least I know dude will show up and give it his all to make the team. We don't know this about Russell. Heck Russell has lost weight and still weights over 280. That's not a qb. Thats a DE

Well if Russell get down to about his playing weight he will be good....the Giant had a back up QB from Kentucky and his playing weight was 275

Ya because discussing players who are actually gonna see some time on the field is lumped into the same discussion as a #3 QB...gotcha.

The point wasnt talking about a third string QB , it about the pointless discussion of our priority should be replacing Moore and Idonije in the draft. Not a very intelligent outlook on our draft. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE NEED TO DO,WITH OUR FIRST TWO PICKS IS REPLACE THEM? Thats just dump.

The point wasnt talking about a third string QB , it about the pointless discussion of our priority should be replacing Moore and Idonije in the draft. Not a very intelligent outlook on our draft. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE NEED TO DO,WITH OUR FIRST TWO PICKS IS REPLACE THEM? Thats just dump.

Yep, sure do. If the players are there to draft a CB then a DT I don't see how that's an "unintelligent" outlook on the draft.

Well if Russell get down to about his playing weight he will be good....the Giant had a back up QB from Kentucky and his playing weight was 275

But Jared Lorenzen wasn't a fat, lazy piece of crap either. He was just a big guy. Russell was a tall, thick guy, similar to Cam Newton, who ate himself out of the NFL.

No, the point of THIS thread is about Russell. The point of ANOTHER thread is about replacing Moore and Idonije.

But Jared Lorenzen wasn't a fat, lazy piece of crap either. He was just a big guy. Russell was a tall, thick guy, similar to Cam Newton, who ate himself out of the NFL.

No, the point of THIS thread is about Russell. The point of ANOTHER thread is about replacing Moore and Idonije.

I am referring to the statement I made. If you look at all threads they oftentimes go off of there subject all the time.

Yep, sure do. If the players are there to draft a CB then a DT I don't see how that's an "unintelligent" outlook on the draft.

If they draft a CB with our first round pick it will be to eventually replace Tillman or Jennings not Moore. If we draft a DT that high it will be the BPA and if the situation arises that Melton doesnt get a long term contract deal done, to replace him. I am not against those positions just dont feel it was for the reasons you suggested.

I respect that opinion because of your reasoning. That's why I always say it's a relatively risk-free proposition to pick up Russell as a 3rd stringer. There is a minor risk to the team if Russell were signed, then showed up fat and lazy. Monetarily it would be no big deal, but it could derail a current third string guy.

The way I figure, however, if running a football team, you take these kind of risks. You always try to improve any position. If you have a solid starter, you get a solid backup. If you have both, you get a solid third-string guy with potential. If you have all three, you plant someone on the practice squad who you think could be the #3, or better. You simply never stop trying to improve your roster. And strictly speaking, aside from effort, I just can't see how Russell wouldn't be an improvement over Blanchard. FWIW, he sure does seem to have a lot of respected people in his corner who believe in him.

As for the weight, it was always a discussion...but he was a big dude in college as well. He appears to be working hard to shed even more of it and to be in better shape than he was before.