Lets just see??

Wesson44

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a good article, and Im sure the scouts were watching (The Biggest Losers show) when they noticed him. In the article the writer commented on the reason Russel wasnt in the NFL was because he lacked heart and desire. I am not sure that is who we want for any roster spot on our team.

Now we get news that he cancels his pro day. Another thing that bothered me about him is that he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. How many times did he throw the check down to the RB and he would miss him by a mile. And sometimes even that analogy was being gracious.

The last line of the article says it all:

And my comment was in reply to a comment stating: "Thats a good comment, maybe he could win some biggest losers competition, but is to far removed from the NFL to be consider a thought."

The simple fact is, he IS getting attention, and he's not that far removed.

And my comment was in reply to a comment stating: "Thats a good comment, maybe he could win some biggest losers competition, but is to far removed from the NFL to be consider a thought."

The simple fact is, he IS getting attention, and he's not that far removed.

I think NFL personnel are watching from a distance. His lack of giving a crap in his 1st stint in the league is still fresh. They are smart enough to see that it's all about the benjamins with this guy. There is NO love for the game. That's where you start with your team leader...

Canceling a pro day is a huge PR blow. It basically means there was little to no interest. At this point right before the draft, one with a weak class of QBs, should be the highest point of interest from teams with no QB. Russell might be competing with UDFAs to be a camp arm. There is no way this is what his agent planned on happening.

- Also during the combine I reported quarterback JaMarcus Russell was planning to hold a pro-day this Wednesday as part of his attempt at a comeback. Those plans have been put on hold as the teams interested in watching Russell prefer he perform private workouts. Thus far I am told the Chicago Bears and Arizona Cardinals have shown the greatest amount of interest. Russell, who tipped the scale at 311-pounds when he began his comeback attempt, is down around 280lbs and hopes the end up closer to 270-pounds when he works out for teams.

per draftinsider.net

per draftinsider.net

"Those plans have been put on hold as the teams interested in watching Russell prefer he perform private workouts. Thus far I am told the CHICAGO BEARS and Arizona Cardinals have shown the greatest amount of interest".

What..... did someone just post this or was it just my mind playing tricks on me???? So we are going to give Russell a private workout huh......well that should ruffle a lot of feathers here

"Those plans have been put on hold as the teams interested in watching Russell prefer he perform private workouts. Thus far I am told the CHICAGO BEARS and Arizona Cardinals have shown the greatest amount of interest".

What..... did someone just post this or was it just my mind playing tricks on me???? So we are going to give Russell a private workout huh......well that should ruffle a lot of feathers here

Do you not read or do you just read too much into things? Where does it say he's going to be put through a private workout by the Bears? It says he'll have to have strong workouts and that the Bears have interest. It never says they have plans to do so.

Do you not read or do you just read too much into things? Where does it say he's going to be put through a private workout by the Bears? It says he'll have to have strong workouts and that the Bears have interest. It never says they have plans to do so.

COME ON MAN

1. Did you read what I said

2.I said ARE the Bears going to give him a workout......that's a question

Now using common sense...... if he canceled his pro day because teams what him to hold private workouts, and if the Bears have interest...then its safe to say if the Bears wanted to see more of him then they will need to bring him in for a private workout.. And for the record I never said the Bears have plans to bring him in for a workout, but merely asking are or will we. So you stop reading to much into things

COME ON MAN

1. Did you read what I said

2.I said ARE the Bears going to give him a workout......that's a question

Now using common sense...... if he canceled his pro day because teams what him to hold private workouts, and if the Bears have interest...then its safe to say if the Bears wanted to see more of him then they will need to bring him in for a private workout.. And for the record I never said the Bears have plans to bring him in for a workout, but merely asking are or will we. So you stop reading to much into things

You said "we are going to," not "are we going to."

Apparently nobody is arguing about him anymore:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Friday...k-and-more.html

*From what we’ve heard, there has been very little interest in quarterback Jamarcus Russell, and it seems unlikely at this point that he’ll get another chance. The biggest issue is Russell still is overweight and out of shape. His lack of discipline and conditioning is what derailed his NFL career in the first place, and the fact that he hasn’t changed his habits tells NFL front office men he hasn’t learned anything.

But at least J'Marcus has solid goals for his comeback as he stated he "wants to sit on that bench behind the starter".