2013 Player Salary Cap

ParkerBear7

I can't beleieve what we are paying some of these guys. Also Notice: How little money has been spent on keeping our Franchise QB protected compared to the other postions. Additionally, Last Years starting OL salary totalled only $10.6 Million!

2013 Player salary: http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Bears&Year=2013

2012 Players salary: http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/salaries/chi...bears-salaries/

Peppers $16M (I like PEP and he is a restructure candidate)

Cutler $10M (I think he will show us why he was worth two draft picks and think he will earn a multi year extension)

Marshall $9.5M (should be extended)

Melton $8.4M (has chance to earn big extension)

Forte $7.3M (miles stacking up and has a steep price but will be replaced in a few years)

Briggs $8.4M (he very good but at what price are fair, good thing we add to this position via the darft and FA).

Jennings $5M ( may be a little high here)

Tillman $8M (should be a restructure candidate)

Hester $2.9M (windy city flyer -- take a 90% paycut or it's time to fly away)

E, Bennett $2.3M (restructure needed)

Garza $2.1M (need to uprade here sooner than later)

Gould $2.85 (has been very solid and has improved each year - retain)

Bush $3.5M (he is an expensive insurance policy)

podlesh $1.7 (needs competition)

Im thinking most of the players with a zero in the dead money colunm can be on the bubble this year. Because their salary would be the cap savings with Bennett and Garza the most notable.

The best website for contracts is http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/

Some of the backup LBers will be going which doesnt have any dead money on it, being replaced by our new players.

I still think Devin is a question mark as far as staying.Just cant see us paying a KR 2.9 mil to just do one thing. Dead money would be 833,000

I think with Tom Z being here Steltz could be gone thats 800,000 gone

Why is Henry Unga still here? Has he ever player? He seems to be hiding but keeps hanging around.

If they just do a contract with Melton that would put us under the cap.

Some of the backup LBers will be going which doesnt have any dead money on it, being replaced by our new players.

I still think Devin is a question mark as far as staying.Just cant see us paying a KR 2.9 mil to just do one thing. Dead money would be 833,000

Why is Henry Unga still here? Has he ever player? He seems to be hiding but keeps hanging around.

Agree on everything except Hester, he is the slot WR and they are down playing it.He won't be cut and as you said they can't justify paying a guy that salary and not give him some toches on O.

Agree on everything except Hester, he is the slot WR and they are down playing it.He won't be cut and as you said they can't justify paying a guy that salary and not give him some toches on O.

I think they stated he wasnt going to be playing WR, he didnt in the camp we already had, he only practiced with STers.

Consider what our new coaches have told us, sometimes in very few words:

No committment to Urlacher, he got offered a market value deal and he's gone.

No committment to Webb, he's kicked to the RT position and Bushrod brought in.

No committment to Carimi, all sorts of speculation he'll compete with Webb for RT or backup OT job. Then coach comes out before draft and says he's a guard. People still think it's a smoke screen before the draft to hide our intentions of taking an OG. Then they draft an OG in Rd 1 and a decent OT prospect in Rd 5.

No committment to Lance Louis, our best lineman from last season, he gets what appears to be a modest or low offer and takes off for warmer climate.

No committment to Cutler and...still pending

Hester will be our returner. Then he goes out and doesn't do anything at all with the offense while they practice 300 different plays. Skipping the entire initial installation of a brand new offense for a guy who has never mastered the WR role makes no sense if they feel he's still going to play a key role as our 3rd WR.

I don't see it and I have no reason to believe these coaches are lying about Hester's role. I have every reason to think every player on the roster knows they have to earn their job this fall. I think that includes Hester.

I have been thinking the same thing.

I really have not been too impressed by Weems either. Hopefull one of the rookies can impress with return abilities.

If they plan on using ERod as a TE than I'd say Unga is our FB at this moment. It's what some projected him to be in the NFL anyway so I think it's a realistic possibility. He's said to have good hands which bodes well for him if Trestman utilizes him in the pass game like he did with his FBs in the past.

That's not the best site for contract info. They are often wrong and had their IP blocked by overthecap.com because they were copying their data in bulk to update their numbers. After they did that their numbers were a lot more accurate, but they can't continue doing that and their numbers will be wrong again in the future.

I can't beleieve what we are paying some of these guys. Also Notice: How little money has been spent on keeping our Franchise QB protected compared to the other postions. Additionally, Last Years starting OL salary totalled only $10.6 Million!

We aren't over the cap. In the offseason, only the top 51 cap hits count against the cap. That's why he calculates the number for the top 51 listed at the bottom.

I have been thinking the same thing.

As for Unga, I don't think he's ever been active. He's been on IR or a practice squad player.

Right now we have an 80 man roster. That means 27 of these guys won't be on the team. I'd be shocked if Unga wasn't one of them.