Vikings @ Bears, 9/15/13

balta1701-A

What is the intent of the game thread?

I am guilty of "heat of the moment" posts. For me, either I post here or the TV suffers; posting is cheaper :):)

If the purpose of the game thread is to express the moment, then it is working as intended.

I also would forgive any exchange in the thread as frustration in the now. I have noticed that topics after the game in the main forum generally take a global perspective, which makes sense since there is the separation in time between game time expectations and post game reflection.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you post during a game, you are always going to get those responses. You get excited during a great play, you vent out your frustrations during a bad one, and after the game is over you reflect on the totality of everything that just happened. What you are asking for is something that almost never happens in a game thread. It is made to be reactionary (if you posts during games). The annoyance I have comes from the individuals who scan through game threads after its over and look at things that happened in the middle of the 2nd quarter where they will draw conclusions from while ignoring everything else.

Your annoyance, lol. Right.

Gamethreads are always good for bad opinions, before during and after games. Looking forward to the next "FIRE TRESTMAN PUT IN MCCOWN WHY ISN'T FORD GETTING MORE CARRIES" comment when something goes wrong. Because, you know, it's ok to say ridiculously stupid things in the heat of the moment. The heat of the moment means you don't have to think about what you type

Your annoyance, lol. Right.

Gamethreads are always good for bad opinions, before during and after games. Looking forward to the next "FIRE TRESTMAN PUT IN MCCOWN WHY ISN'T FORD GETTING MORE CARRIES" comment when something goes wrong. Because, you know, it's ok to say ridiculously stupid things in the heat of the moment. The heat of the moment means you don't have to think about what you type

Cool story. I'd prolly just stay away from game threads then if I were you.

That's ok, I enjoy laughing at the ridiculous.

I also enjoy how you keep telling people to stay out of gamethreads.

No what I think you enjoy is coming in upsetting the apple cart. I was the one that said McCown needed to come in. And at the time I was ready for it. It was somewhere during the time he (Cutler) had either thrown his second interception or lost a fumble which resulted to a TD. To be frank, I'm still not sold on Cutler. I thought for sure he was the answer but at this point all he is is a Grossman 2.0 (IMHO). Until he goes against a team of true 'playoff caliber' and shows the same resolve he has for the last two games, I won't be sold. In fact when either Ted or George give me a call to see what I think, I'll suggest they hold out a bit longer on the re-negotiation. (by the way that last part was called sarcasm - and yes, ridiculous).

Do I think the team would do better in having McCown start, no. But I am relatively confident he can 'manage' the game should he need to.

No what I think you enjoy is coming in upsetting the apple cart. I was the one that said McCown needed to come in. And at the time I was ready for it. It was somewhere during the time he (Cutler) had either thrown his second interception or lost a fumble which resulted to a TD. To be frank, I'm still not sold on Cutler. I thought for sure he was the answer but at this point all he is is a Grossman 2.0 (IMHO). Until he goes against a team of true 'playoff caliber' and shows the same resolve he has for the last two games, I won't be sold. In fact when either Ted or George give me a call to see what I think, I'll suggest they hold out a bit longer on the re-negotiation. (by the way that last part was called sarcasm - and yes, ridiculous).

Do I think the team would do better in having McCown start, no. But I am relatively confident he can 'manage' the game should he need to.

I know you said it, and I know right afterwards he was telling people they were needy and to stay out of the thread as if your analysis to put in McCown was spot on.

There is a reason McCown was out of the league for a year before the Bears came knocking. Insinuating he is some kind of a magical game manager is ridiculous. Quarterbacks aren't perfect, lord knows Jay isn't perfect, but yanking him in the middle of that game is short sighted and laughable.

In regards to your apple cart comment, lol ok. Maybe the apple cart should stay on the path.

I know you said it, and I know right afterwards he was telling people they were needy and to stay out of the thread as if your analysis to put in McCown was spot on.

I was not even aware of the McCown thing until it was brought up after the game was over, so I have no idea why you are pairing my comments to Stinger and Alaskan Grizzlie's McCown comment together. Nice spin job, there.

I give game-time posters the benefit of the doubt.

I see game threads as the same type of conversation that might happen if you had a bunch of buds over to watch the game or if you were watching it at a bar. Someone is always shouting about yanking the QB after he makes a mistake, firing the coach, whatever. And most likely it has something to do with the amount of alcohol being consumed as well...

I don't often participate in game threads because, well, I have friends over or I'm out somewhere or... I'm focused on the game! I agree with you Mad, I wouldn't hold anything against anybody that was said in the heat of the moment.

You boys should just chill but I'm glad you're doing this in a thread I usually skip! I only noticed it today because it still has activity two days after the game. :)

I don't often participate in game threads because, well, I have friends over or I'm out somewhere or... I'm focused on the game! I agree with you Mad, I wouldn't hold anything against anybody that was said in the heat of the moment.

Funny thing. Back when I was single I used to host a lot of games at my house. I had one of them big screen rear projection TV's (before the days of HD). Anyhow, I found that not only was I one of only about 2-3 Bears fans in Alaska, everyone else I invited either was a Packers fan or just wanted to come drink my beer and mock me throughout the game. Took away from actually being able to watch it and pay attention to what was going on.

Occasionally I'll check these game threads to see if anyone else is seeing the same things I am (perspective). Or if I've had a few, vent. Most of the games on Sundays start at 9 in the morning here so I'm usually not lit but a Tequila Sunrise is meant to go with breakfast right? :cheers

You should not have to be subjected to the likes of Packers fans in Alaska! That is just too much. I commend your wise move in kicking those guys to the curb!

Funny thing. Back when I was single I used to host a lot of games at my house. I had one of them big screen rear projection TV's (before the days of HD). Anyhow, I found that not only was I one of only about 2-3 Bears fans in Alaska, everyone else I invited either was a Packers fan or just wanted to come drink my beer and mock me throughout the game. Took away from actually being able to watch it and pay attention to what was going on.

Occasionally I'll check these game threads to see if anyone else is seeing the same things I am (perspective). Or if I've had a few, vent. Most of the games on Sundays start at 9 in the morning here so I'm usually not lit but a Tequila Sunrise is meant to go with breakfast right? :cheers

I feel bad for you being in a desolate place with packer fans, I feel your pain. Tequila adds harmony to any occasion. Been to Mexico 23 times and have found it is a wonderful drug. I relate to being around Packer fans as like when I was 6 and got cud dies from those evil little girls we had to be around.

I feel bad for you being in a desolate place with packer fans, I feel your pain. Tequila adds harmony to any occasion. Been to Mexico 23 times and have found it is a wonderful drug. I relate to being around Packer fans as like when I was 6 and got cud dies from those evil little girls we had to be around.

Thank you (and Mad) for your condolences. But its not really all that desolate, just cut off. Winters are looooonnnnnnnggggg and dark. Oddly enough a poll was done a few years ago of which team represented Alaska and it was decided that most folks chose the Packers. One would think the Seahawks (since we are geographically closer) but nope, its the Packers. The few Bears fans I meet though are pretty quiet about it. The Packer fans...not so much.

As far as getting away from it all, that's why we look forward to our annual outings usually in Oct-Dec timeframe. Hawaii this year!!!!

(Out of state) Packers fans are like cockroaches...they come of of the woodworks. It's all the damn Chris Berman frozen tundra bs and Madden Favre fluffery. So any person who hs no team, can feel warm and fuzzy about supporting them.

Other than Pats fans, they are the largest non-CA team fanbase in Cali. People like winners, so they bandwagon it.

The Bears do have a vocal showing here in Cali though. Real fans. I was meeting up and watching games with these folks under Wanny, Jauron, with Kordell and Krenzel. No bandwagon here! Pure blood!

:dabears

Thank you (and Mad) for your condolences. But its not really all that desolate, just cut off. Winters are looooonnnnnnnggggg and dark. Oddly enough a poll was done a few years ago of which team represented Alaska and it was decided that most folks chose the Packers. One would think the Seahawks (since we are geographically closer) but nope, its the Packers. The few Bears fans I meet though are pretty quiet about it. The Packer fans...not so much.

As far as getting away from it all, that's why we look forward to our annual outings usually in Oct-Dec timeframe. Hawaii this year!!!!

Traveled alot but never been to Hawaii, but good for you.I know its not desolate, just have a weird sense of humor. I watched ice truckers once.