Another inept performance

50england50

The Bears got beat by a better team for the 2nd consecutive week. The offense will have a humongous burden to carry the rest of the season because this defense is shit rotten awful. I am getting sick of this "suck for 3 quarters and be good for 1" offense that I've seen for 5 games now. It took them an entire half to realize Rob Ryan likes to blitz. Where the freak are the screen passes? Cutler had a very nice bounce back performance but he was getting absolutely zero help from his offensive line or his offensive coordinator.

Yup.

We can beat lesser tgreams, but we cannot beat good teams.

This spells out to a 9-6 season more than likely.

The Bears got beat by a better team for the 2nd consecutive week. The offense will have a humongous burden to carry the rest of the season because this defense is shit rotten awful. I am getting sick of this "suck for 3 quarters and be good for 1" offense that I've seen for 5 games now. It took them an entire half to realize Rob Ryan likes to blitz. Where the freak are the screen passes? Cutler had a very nice bounce back performance but he was getting absolutely zero help from his offensive line or his offensive coordinator.

Letting up 23 points against the Saints isn't that bad. The Bears scored 10 points in the first 3 quarters. That is bad.

They were getting absolutely torched on first down the entire game. They couldn't get off the field because every 1st down play was a gain of 7-8 yards. Not to mention the brain dead back to back plays by Briggs and Wooton jumping offsides on a 4th and 1 at a crucial time in the game. They were bad.

You are right about the offense though. 10 points, at home through 3 quarters? That is exactly what I am talking about.

If you are looking for a silver lining, Alshon Jeffery looks like he's about to unleash himself on this league.

The Bears had only scored 10 points in the other 45 and a half minutes of the game.

The offense had his mishaps to. 1st and 5, and Cutler switches from a run play to a pass. Only problem is, only he knew about it. They were reading blitzes horrible. The sacks were basically overloading the left side and their wasn't an audible to pick up the blitz.

The Bears had three 3 and outs in the first half and a fumble. Points were let up then. The second half, the Bears only let up 6 points.

in an offensive league we cannot be stagnant for the majority of the game and only put up 10 points till the last minutes of the game, too many waisted opportunities. The was stuck trying to keep us in this till the offense got it's head out of ist arse. If we'd have had any offense early in this game we'd have been in better shape as the D did a very good job early on keeping NO offense in check but you can only hold down their offense for so long.

Simply put to state the obvious we need to produce more on offense. 10 points trough most of the game won't cut period...

First and foremost we can't start the game by dropping an halfback toss. going into the game the emphasis has got to be keep the Saints offense off the field. Forte was poor on the 3rd down play juggling the ball when a clean catch could have gained the first down. Formation on offense in first half was shocking although adjusted well at halftime. Hopefully go into the break at 4-2 and beat the cheese heads after the bye when Tillman and Paea have tested from injuries.

The last two games have been incredibly frustrating. We are going to be lucky to win 8 games at this rate. It is like the team didn't realize that the Saints would blitz. The Defense actually played pretty good for not getting a lot of pressure. Bennett needs to hold onto that ball. Surprised Briggs of all players fell for the hard count. Gould needs to work on his onside kicks, all of his so far have been too easy to handle.

I'm going to pile on and say 26 points to NO is far from "shit rotten awful" (7 of which were set up by a short field on yet another Cutler strip).

Before Cutler's goal line incompletions in the 3rd quarter he was 16 for 20, yet we still only had 7 points. No running game until late and no clue what to do on a blitz kept us from sustaining anything.

I'm going to pile on and say 26 points to NO is far from "shit rotten awful" (7 of which were set up by a short field on yet another Cutler strip).

Before Cutler's goal line incompletions in the 3rd quarter he was 16 for 20, yet we still only had 7 points. No running game until late and no clue what to do on a blitz kept us from sustaining anything.

You can call it something else, but it was another poor performance. They were bad, and this defense as a whole has been pretty damn awful for the majority of the year, would you not agree?

I'm not letting the offense off the hook either, as stated in my previous posts. They share a huge chunk of blame in this game as well, but at least what they're doing seems fixable. I'm not sure this defense can get much better. Age and attrition seems to have finally caught up with them.

You can call it something else, but it wasn't good or decent. They were bad. They've been one of the worst defenses in the league through 5 games.

After watching the game, it sure seems like the D was roughed up. Now the 0-5 Giants.

This was a team loss which includes the early play calling. Overall I think the Bears lacked rhythm and intensity in all phases today. Too many metal mistakes and no urgency especially in the first half.

Nothing is more frustrating as a fan than when your team is just gifting their opponents so many easy scoring opportunities with a short field via turnovers and other mistakes.

Where is the alleged up tempo offense? Trestman had them starting out faster with a lot of quick passes in the first two weeks of the season and the last two weeks the "O" has been much more lethargic in my opinion.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Hester is going through the motions now. When he was having his great returns in the past he was much more decisive and faster. He now makes me nervous as a returner.

Big game for Alshon. Hopefully all phases can get on track against the NYG on Thursday night.

I'm not happy we lost, never am. I know everyone on this board takes losses hard too, that's why we're here. However I'm not as down as others are after this game. On D we do not have the pass rush we need but we also don't have our starting DTs out there either. Huge drop off and then we lost Collins so we had guys out there that were sitting on their sofa watching games in week 1. Yet the D still improved as the game went on...learning curve? We just won't be a shutdown D anymore and will have to rely on turnovers and the bend but don't break mentality. Again, we had one forced fumble but the ball went their way. Once we settled into the game Tucker had the D setup to force the Saints into longer drives (with the exception of one drive) keeping Brees into shorter check downs which gives our turnover machine more opportunities to force an error. I think with our talent that was good coaching.

On offense we started horribly and their D had some great schemes our new line was not ready for and it was stuff they have not shown yet in this season. Once we had seen it a few times we adjusted, shut it down and then they went away from it. Cutler still has his issues with ball protection when he runs but in terms of passing he protected the ball much better and even threw away the ball several times when plays weren't there. Martellus will get healthy and be a bigger part of our offense. Earl Bennett catches a game changing TD one week and drops a game changing 3rd and 2 pass another week. At some point we need more speed on the field at WR I think we need to get Wilson more involved and we'll be adding some speed at WR this offseason. Can't take away a record day from Jeffrey who played great. Team will now have to consider if they let him beat them or Marshall.

It's the fact in the last two games we have had bad starts and yet in both games I see coaching adjustments and/or improved play. Players still have to execute so Briggs giving up a first down on a stupid encroachment penalty is inexcusable and he knows it. Yet that is why I'm optimistic long term. Our offense will become more consistent as they learn it and IMO Trestman has shown he can figure out what a defense is doing and adapt. I feel Tucker has shown the same characteristic.

Coming into this season I never had expectations we'd be a contender to go deep in the playoffs but felt we might make it into the playoffs. We haven't done anything to make me change that prediction yet. Right now with all the changes in Oline, rookies starting there, new offense, new coaching on D too that we are where I hoped we'd be at 3-2. I'll admit the 3-0 start got my hopes up a bit. Now let's just settle down and focus on execution this Thursday night and we will come out of that game 4-2.

I'm not happy we lost, never am. I know everyone on this board takes losses hard too, that's why we're here. However I'm not as down as others are after this game. On D we do not have the pass rush we need but we also don't have our starting DTs out there either. Huge drop off and then we lost Collins so we had guys out there that were sitting on their sofa watching games in week 1. Yet the D still improved as the game went on...learning curve? We just won't be a shutdown D anymore and will have to rely on turnovers and the bend but don't break mentality. Again, we had one forced fumble but the ball went their way. Once we settled into the game Tucker had the D setup to force the Saints into longer drives (with the exception of one drive) keeping Brees into shorter check downs which gives our turnover machine more opportunities to force an error. I think with our talent that was good coaching.

On offense we started horribly and their D had some great schemes our new line was not ready for and it was stuff they have not shown yet in this season. Once we had seen it a few times we adjusted, shut it down and then they went away from it. Cutler still has his issues with ball protection when he runs but in terms of passing he protected the ball much better and even threw away the ball several times when plays weren't there. Martellus will get healthy and be a bigger part of our offense. Earl Bennett catches a game changing TD one week and drops a game changing 3rd and 2 pass another week. At some point we need more speed on the field at WR I think we need to get Wilson more involved and we'll be adding some speed at WR this offseason. Can't take away a record day from Jeffrey who played great. Team will now have to consider if they let him beat them or Marshall.

It's the fact in the last two games we have had bad starts and yet in both games I see coaching adjustments and/or improved play. Players still have to execute so Briggs giving up a first down on a stupid encroachment penalty is inexcusable and he knows it. Yet that is why I'm optimistic long term. Our offense will become more consistent as they learn it and IMO Trestman has shown he can figure out what a defense is doing and adapt. I feel Tucker has shown the same characteristic.

Coming into this season I never had expectations we'd be a contender to go deep in the playoffs but felt we might make it into the playoffs. We haven't done anything to make me change that prediction yet. Right now with all the changes in Oline, rookies starting there, new offense, new coaching on D too that we are where I hoped we'd be at 3-2. I'll admit the 3-0 start got my hopes up a bit. Now let's just settle down and focus on execution this Thursday night and we will come out of that game 4-2.

I think a better team beat us today and was out coached. What does that make us? We still have a shot at playoffs, other teams that were suppose to be good, arent playing well either. I thought we would be 10-6 or 9-7, some where in there, and I still think that. If we beat the bad teams, and improve as a team, that is all I am hopeful for. If you look at our schedule we should still win 7 games which would put us in a good position. It is all about IF we improve as a team and see where that takes us.

I think a better team beat us today and was out coached. What does that make us? We still have a shot at playoffs, other teams that were suppose to be good, arent playing well either. I thought we would be 10-6 or 9-7, some where in there, and I still think that. If we beat the bad teams, and improve as a team, that is all I am hopeful for. If you look at our schedule we should still win 7 games which would put us in a good position. It is all about IF we improve as a team and see where that takes us.

After taking several deep breaths and getting past the anger of my team losing, I think:

N.O. is a superior team. The have more talent and experience, players and coaches.

We did not get blown out on the scoreboard, and they only got what, two FGs the second haf? So that's a positive.

No INTs, but Cutler seems to have a penchant for getting hooked on one WR per game. Maybe its just that they are open, but he does focus on one WR many times and forces the ball. But NO INTS, and that's good.

Both the DL and OL were used by N.O. I was surprised to see our left side OL being beat many times, I can understand the right,, but the left are vets. And Long can block on the running plays.

DL, what can I say? Not much pressure, and more injuries. Where's Peppers?

I like Bostic's play on ST. He's a solid pickup and it would be interesting to see how he works with the D, though Williams is doing a good job. With the poor push from the DL the LBs are getting a workout.

I hope these guys are anxious to erase this one and take it to the 0-5 Giants. Could be just the thing they need. We'll see if they can take care of business with the teams they should definitely handle, then I'll begin to ponder playoff chances.

After taking several deep breaths and getting past the anger of my team losing, I think:

N.O. is a superior team. The have more talent and experience, players and coaches.

We did not get blown out on the scoreboard, and they only got what, two FGs the second haf? So that's a positive.

No INTs, but Cutler seems to have a penchant for getting hooked on one WR per game. Maybe its just that they are open, but he does focus on one WR many times and forces the ball. But NO INTS, and that's good.

Both the DL and OL were used by N.O. I was surprised to see our left side OL being beat many times, I can understand the right,, but the left are vets. And Long can block on the running plays.

DL, what can I say? Not much pressure, and more injuries. Where's Peppers?

I like Bostic's play on ST. He's a solid pickup and it would be interesting to see how he works with the D, though Williams is doing a good job. With the poor push from the DL the LBs are getting a workout.

I hope these guys are anxious to erase this one and take it to the 0-5 Giants. Could be just the thing they need. We'll see if they can take care of business with the teams they should definitely handle, then I'll begin to ponder playoff chances.

I am a sports fan, but the only team I rout for that puts me in a good mood (with a win ) or bad mood (with a loss) are the Bears. I dont really understand it, but I am always hopeful that we win even when the odds arent good for us. That makes me an optimistic Bears fan. I didnt put any money on the game, I know NO is a good team, but that didnt detract from me wanting the Bears to win, I am not sure why any Bear fan questions that attitude towards a game. I can always say, I dont think we can win, and be right most of the time, but there is no fun in being right when my team loses.

I am a sports fan, but the only team I rout for that puts me in a good mood (with a win ) or bad mood (with a loss) are the Bears. I dont really understand it, but I am always hopeful that we win even when the odds arent good for us. That makes me an optimistic Bears fan. I didnt put any money on the game, I know NO is a good team, but that didnt detract from me wanting the Bears to win, I am not sure why any Bear fan questions that attitude towards a game. I can always say, I dont think we can win, and be right most of the time, but there is no fun in being right when my team loses.

!00% agree. Bears football is THE sport for me, and has been since I first followed the NFL in 1963.