Current Draft Order

adam

I am just going to keep this running until the end of the season. I know we still have a statistical chance at making the playoffs, but unless Detroit loses 2 of their last 4 and we win out, it's over. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have a 10-6 finish, beating GB and sliding in as DET folds, players get healthy, and we make a surprise run.

Right now, Houston is #1 at 2-10 with #2-5 teams at 3-9. Minnesota is 6th after Sunday's win. Buffalo and Cleveland are #7-8 at 4-8. Then there is a logjam at 5-7 with 6 teams from #9-14. GB is alone at #15, and then we are grouped with the other 6-6 teams (#16-18). However, one of them is currently a WC team, so we are technically #16 or #17 right now. ARZ and PHI are both 7-5 and round out the top 20.

So it looks like the worst we will finish is drafting 20th, but we have a realistic shot at going in the top 10 (if we lose out). My bet is somewhere in between with an 8-8 finish, say 16th.

Here are the remaining schedules for the teams in the top 20:

(UPDATED 29DEC)

1 Houston Texans 2-14

2 St. Louis Rams (WAS) 3-13

3 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12

4 Oakland Raiders 4-12

5 Cleveland Browns 4-12

6 Atlanta Falcons 4-12

7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-12

8 Minnesota Vikings 5-10-1

9 Buffalo Bills 6-10

10 Detroit Lions 7-9

11 Tennessee Titans 7-9

12 New York Giants 7-9

13 St. Louis Rams 7-9

14 Chicago Bears 8-8

15 Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8

16 New York Jets 8-8

17 Baltimore Ravens 8-8

18 Miami Dolphins 8-8

19 Dallas Cowboys 8-7

Cutlers gonna come back and lead us to the playoffs...book it.

If that happens I'll need to take a few days off work as I would be hung over. I wish jay coming back would cure all ills but that defense is just enough to make me drink if I was home. It might actually be best to at least miss playoffs to get better pick and see what Emery can do with all ygst $$ to make defense at least competitive

If that happens I'll need to take a few days off work as I would be hung over. I wish jay coming back would cure all ills but that defense is just enough to make me drink if I was home. It might actually be best to at least miss playoffs to get better pick and see what Emery can do with all ygst $$ to make defense at least competitive

Problem is, Emery hasn't proven he can draft D. Hell, he hasn't even proven he can evaluate D talent, based on the shit we have on the field out there now.

Problem is, Emery hasn't proven he can draft D. Hell, he hasn't even proven he can evaluate D talent, based on the shit we have on the field out there now.

I agree. He's reworked that offense real quick. But he will be put to test with that D and he will have plenty of $$ to help in FA. Hopefully he can hit it big

As the director of scouting for the chiefs between 2008 and 2011. The chiefs took Flowers, Carr, Berry, J. Houston and K. Lewis. Again he was just the head of scouting but to be the head of a group that were the information suppliers for 5 defensive starters in three years is better than what we have done in the past.

Melton

Briggs

Collins

Williams

Tillman

All of these guys are out. The D would look completely different with three Pro Bowlers added. Peppers looked great this past weekend. With Peppers playing like that, you add these guys and our D wouldnt be so bad. Shit they may be pretty damn good.

I really hope Cutler comes back and puts on a show. I dont want to go into next season needing to find a QB while having so many holes on D.

Melton

Briggs

Collins

Williams

Tillman

All of these guys are out. The D would look completely different with three Pro Bowlers added. Peppers looked great this past weekend. With Peppers playing like that, you add these guys and our D wouldnt be so bad. Shit they may be pretty damn good.

I really hope Cutler comes back and puts on a show. I dont want to go into next season needing to find a QB while having so many holes on D.

Problem is the D is getting old even the original starters. And most players on last yr of deal. I want Melton back but at what cost? Peppers is probably gone at years end so who steps in for him. Obviously if we are going to keep this same system we have to have a consistent push fromtthe front 4 in order for it to work. A ton questions lie ahead and emery will be very very busy this off season for sure

We almost need to go all Defense in the top few rounds of the draft. If we bring Melton, Ratliff, Paea, and Collins back, we are pretty solid for DT unless we can get an impact player in the first 3 rounds to solidify the rotation. A top safety is a critical need IMO. For the O-Line, I can see a later round pick on maybe a Center. I don't see Williams or Anderson coming back next year, so it will be Bostic, Briggs, and Greene, which is solid and the rookies are really getting some great playing time this season.

So going into next season, we can get younger and cheaper all at the same time.

We almost need to go all Defense in the top few rounds of the draft. If we bring Melton, Ratliff, Paea, and Collins back, we are pretty solid for DT unless we can get an impact player in the first 3 rounds to solidify the rotation. A top safety is a critical need IMO. For the O-Line, I can see a later round pick on maybe a Center. I don't see Williams or Anderson coming back next year, so it will be Bostic, Briggs, and Greene, which is solid and the rookies are really getting some great playing time this season.

So going into next season, we can get younger and cheaper all at the same time.

I agree with going almost entirely D in the draft. Question is how much should we offer Melton. I think Ratliff could be had fairly cheaply on a 1 yr deal

Problem is the D is getting old even the original starters. And most players on last yr of deal. I want Melton back but at what cost? Peppers is probably gone at years end so who steps in for him. Obviously if we are going to keep this same system we have to have a consistent push fromtthe front 4 in order for it to work. A ton questions lie ahead and emery will be very very busy this off season for sure

I agree, I wrote that more as a view that you can't say Emery can't evaluate Defensive talent due to the horrid D play this year. The Bears have had some key Defensive players go down this year.

I agree, I wrote that more as a view that you can't say Emery can't evaluate Defensive talent due to the horrid D play this year. The Bears have had some key Defensive players go down this year.

Yeah. Cant blame a gm if team losses half its starters on 1 side of the ball to injuries. That's just horrible luck. His past says he can evaluate the talent just fine but question is can he draft it when he's the man. I think he can. When he 1st took job he had to revamp the offense that had no real weapons outside of knox(injured) and forte. And defense had plenty of weapons except at safety. Now the offense is loaded and defense is old. If he can revamp it just as quick everyone will be signing his praises and not just local people

Regarding his drafting:

I believe his evaluation was based on the draft picks of SMC, the 3rd Rd safety who got cut this season (so bad can't recall his name), Greene and Bostic so far have had a couple moments but far more often are lost on the field and take bad angles. I believe both will learn and they are in a bad spot behind off-the-street DTs and DEs who are making the same mistakes. I think Washington will develop into a solid player for us but like Wotton it will take a couple seasons and his ceiling is much higher if the light ever goes on for him. Isaiah Frey has turned out to be a good player for us.

That's all projection, right now I think it is fair to say Emery has not hit on a standout defensive player.

In FA I think he did well with Anderson who looked much better before all the injuries and rookies hit the field. I like the Ratliff signing as well even though it was a gamble we haven't seen payoff yet I think he was much better in his 20 snaps than the no-names we've had at DT the last month. Still he hasn't had the opportunity yet to make a big splash in FA on D so we will have to sit back and see what we do this offseason.

Regarding his drafting:

I believe his evaluation was based on the draft picks of SMC, the 3rd Rd safety who got cut this season (so bad can't recall his name), Greene and Bostic so far have had a couple moments but far more often are lost on the field and take bad angles. I believe both will learn and they are in a bad spot behind off-the-street DTs and DEs who are making the same mistakes. I think Washington will develop into a solid player for us but like Wotton it will take a couple seasons and his ceiling is much higher if the light ever goes on for him. Isaiah Frey has turned out to be a good player for us.

That's all projection, right now I think it is fair to say Emery has not hit on a standout defensive player.

In FA I think he did well with Anderson who looked much better before all the injuries and rookies hit the field. I like the Ratliff signing as well even though it was a gamble we haven't seen payoff yet I think he was much better in his 20 snaps than the no-names we've had at DT the last month. Still he hasn't had the opportunity yet to make a big splash in FA on D so we will have to sit back and see what we do this offseason.

I think Emery still has to prove himself, but one thing is for sure, he missed on SMC.. Le has hit on a few and missed on many but it will take another year to find out for sure how wel he does. This years draft , he has to make good choices, with so many spots to fill we need at least 3 starters out of this draft.

The draft is such a crapshoot sometimes, but to this day I still do not see how Emery could justify drafting SMC in the first when we already had Peppers. Just with draft pick value and salary, that was too much invested in one position (DE).

Melton

Briggs

Collins

Williams

Tillman

Agreed.

Injuries have decimated this team, and there is no replacing three pro-bowlers, particularly when the defense is predicated upon quick pressure from Melton.

1. HOU (2-10, JAX/IND/DEN/TEN)

2. JAX (3-9, HOU/BUF/TEN/IND)

3. WAS (3-9, KC/ATL/DAL/NYG)

4. ATL (3-9, GB/WAS/SF/CAR)

5. TB (3-9, BUF/SF/STL/NO)

6. MIN (3-8-1, BAL/PHI/CIN/DET)

7. BUF (4-8, TB/JAX/MIA/NE)

8. CLE (4-8, NE/CHI/NYJ/PIT)

9. STL (5-7, ARZ/NO/TB/SEA)

10. NYG (5-7, SD/SEA/DET/WAS)

11. PIT (5-7, MIA/CIN/GB/CLE)

12. TEN (5-7, DEN/ARZ/JAX/HOU)

13. SD (5-7, NYG/DEN/OAK/KC)

14. NYJ (5-7, OAK/CAR/CLE/MIA)

15. GB (5-6-1, ATL/DAL/PIT/CHI)

16. BAL (6-6, MIN/DET/NE/CIN)

17. CHI (6-6, DAL/CLE/PHI/GB)

18. MIA (6-6, PIT/NE/BUF/NYJ)

19. ARZ (7-5, STL/TEN/SEA/SF)

20. PHI (7-5, DET/MIN/CHI/DAL)

Sadly, I think the Bears probably lose three of the next four. Cleveland is the win. That puts them at 7-9, which is Chicago's traditional "middle of the pack"-draft pick, which I hate. I'm guessing the Bears draft around 12-13 range. And that, my friends, would have me laughing. Because the obvious pick is HaHa Clinton-Dix from the University of Alabama. He's

As the director of scouting for the chiefs between 2008 and 2011. The chiefs took Flowers, Carr, Berry, J. Houston and K. Lewis. Again he was just the head of scouting but to be the head of a group that were the information suppliers for 5 defensive starters in three years is better than what we have done in the past.

Just wish I'd seen some evidence of it here, that's all. I guess you could say he expected our current crop of D players to stay healthy and produce at a high level but that doesn't explain some of the bad picks he's made here on D. I'm not saying he can't do it, just that I haven't seen much evidence thus far with him being the "Man" here.

Sadly, I think the Bears probably lose three of the next four. Cleveland is the win. That puts them at 7-9, which is Chicago's traditional "middle of the pack"-draft pick, which I hate. I'm guessing the Bears draft around 12-13 range. And that, my friends, would have me laughing. Because the obvious pick is HaHa Clinton-Dix from the University of Alabama. He's

I agree, and even that game is no guarantee. Clinton-Dix should be the pick if he is there from 12-15. I don't see him dropping further than that.

Emery and Trestman are proving to be like many others before them...believing their own BS or flat out lying to us.

I am disappointed. I was hoping for more transperancy and accountability. Shame on me for thinking so. Our guys are like all the 31 other teams' ones... Treat the fans like mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them bull$hi#.

Wow. Did anybody catch the emery chat today. He talked about SMC and says its clear we get much better production with him on the field and says he's a player that transcends schemes. I'm confused. Would really like to see some stats back that claim up but my eyes tell me a different stoey

Wow. Did anybody catch the emery chat today. He talked about SMC and says its clear we get much better production with him on the field and says he's a player that transcends schemes. I'm confused. Would really like to see some stats back that claim up but my eyes tell me a different stoey

Well in theory, he is better than when we only have 10 players on the field, so he is technically correct. That could be the only way we are better. Even Bass looked better. However, we get gashed in the run game when SMC is out there and he never holds contain as almost every outside run or reverse he is there getting pushed inside.

Well in theory, he is better than when we only have 10 players on the field, so he is technically correct. That could be the only way we are better. Even Bass looked better. However, we get gashed in the run game when SMC is out there and he never holds contain as almost every outside run or reverse he is there getting pushed inside.

Ha, another SMC fan! I was listening to the portion of the Bears game in the fourth quarter when we intercepted the ball and returned it to the 50 yard line. Thayer ripped SMC for not taking out the QB on that play claiming if he did, the return would've been a TD. I didn't see it so I can't say if I agree or not. Can anyone confirm? If so, that loss is on SMC! :)