Rumor has it

GakMan23

Off the field, Urlacher has never been much of a man. He's a pretty classless individual when compared to Tillman. To me, what a guy does off the field matters. And I'm not saying Urlacher is some skum bag or something but Tillman really is a tremendous role model and I'd want my children to look up to him. I wouldn't want them to look up to the man that is Brian Urlacher.

I took issue with the combination of on-field and off-field stuff. Sure, off the field Peanut is a guy I'd rather have my kids look up to. He appears to be just a great overall guy. But you included leadership, implying what they did on the field was part of the discussion. Divide the two and I agree with you for the most part. It just bugs me when Bears fans try to bag on Urlacher, like he didn't put in a decade worth of kicking ass.

I took issue with the combination of on-field and off-field stuff. Sure, off the field Peanut is a guy I'd rather have my kids look up to. He appears to be just a great overall guy. But you included leadership, implying what they did on the field was part of the discussion. Divide the two and I agree with you for the most part. It just bugs me when Bears fans try to bag on Urlacher, like he didn't put in a decade worth of kicking ass.

Brian was my favorite player for many years, but the combination of him holding the Bears hostage and his condescending attitude towards us fans, didnt give me a thrill after his skill level diminished at a quick rate. He liked slutty women and I being single dont have a problem with that. He didnt appear to be a role model father to his kids, but his ego got in the way for a lot of his things. Him taking shots at the Bears because the contract didnt go the way he wanted, only tells me he's selfish. Oh by the way, I like slutty women also, and I like that about myself.

Absolutely, part of Url's leagacy was that he was a classy individual off the field too. Now of course, it's all relative, but heck, Barry Sanders had an out-of-wedlock kid too. For most of the other things...standing up for his teammates, giving back to the community, his pride in being a Chicago Bear, maturity as a everyday "show up to work with your lunchpail" player (to my knowledge, no problems with being late or starting fights or being lazy or stupidly giving other teams bulletin board material, or all the myriad things that go on with so many other guys in this league), being an ambassador for the game through his extracurricular appearances in media like tv and radio talk shows, the respect he gave and received (in return) from his fellow NFL'ers, staying out of legal troubles (far from a given in the league, or even on this team! --looking at you Lance Briggs, Tank Johnson, Mike Ditka, ahem, Sam Hurd). The list goes on. Url's bane was that he was never one to worry about what was the easiest thing to say, but instead kept his mouth shut or spoke what he felt was the truth with conviction. I feel it's a quality he shares with Cutler, and Cutler gets bagged for it too...though with Cutler it's usually the apathy more than the conviction that riles people. Either way, it's worth a tip of the hat in this day and age.

On the field, Urlacher was a tremendous player, an all time great. In my mind, I'll never put him with the likes of Singletary and others because off the field, I wasn't a major fan. I also thought he was typically very classes to the media and always seemed to be very childish. Again, on the field, nuff said, but when you act that way off the field, you need to expect repercussions to that.

I will also reiterate, that Urlacher is a lot better then a lot of the people in the NFL off the filed, but he's no Tillman and he's one of my favorites because he was an all time great (maybe not a HOF'er but he certainly is one of the best corners in Bear history, if not the best) on the field and acted the same way off the field. Very much like Walter Peyton.

In my case it's not the wallet LOL

I think it's about confidence. I think this is why girls like jerks. Jerks are confident. Most women would prefer a confident good guy over a jerk, but they prefer confidence over nice without it.

If a girl goes on a date with you, she's thinking about sleeping with you. Maybe not that night, but she's interested. Usually guys screw it up by trying too hard. If you just relax, and show up like a friend, make her laugh, talk to her, and wait for her to tell you when it's time, you'll be amazed.

I dont go on a date hoping she likes me or hoping I will kiss her, I just show up like Im sitting next to someones cousin at a wedding. Im going to have a good time and laugh no matter what, and if sparks happen, I'll notice.

Now I know that this board is about football and not dating. But it's the offseason soon, and I'd like to see some of you get laid HAHAHA

Back to football! :)

I think it's about confidence.

BTW, you're 100% right about this. I remember lots of years ago a buddy of mine was out with this group we used to hang with and I wasn't there. He asked this one gal if she was interested in me and she said something to the effect of "Cracker's too nice a guy." My buddy said, "No he's not, he's an asshole." He told me to just be myself and stop trying so hard and within a few weeks we were going out, etc. She was awesome in many many ways! :)

LOL! Well, I've had the same G/F now for 4 years, been divorced for 5 and that isn't an issue. But you saying you want to "see some of us get laid" is a little creepy dude. :)

HAHAHA YES! your'e right! I misspoke (mistyped?). What I MEANT to say is that Id like to see some of the arguments that get carried past the point of sanity reduced due to a lessening of sexual frustration on the part of some posters LOL

If my advice allows just one person to have their sexual energy directed towards a partner and not an epically terrible LT it'll be worth it :)

HAHAHA YES! your'e right! I misspoke (mistyped?). What I MEANT to say is that Id like to see some of the arguments that get carried past the point of sanity reduced due to a lessening of sexual frustration on the part of some posters LOL

If my advice allows just one person to have their sexual energy directed towards a partner and not an epically terrible LT it'll be worth it :)

Woah there buddy, don't try calling me out about the ladies. I've done more than fine in that department over the years.

Since you brought me into this convo...Yes, you're right, it's all about confidence....A few years back, pre rugby, when I was a monster of a man, 6'3" 370, I dated a girl who did some modeling. During my rugby days, when I was still a biggy, 260 was my lowest playing weight, I was routinely able to get "hotties"...Even now, at 310 with no job I've got 3 different girls "on the hook" not an ugly one in the bunch.

Woah there buddy, don't try calling me out about the ladies. I've done more than fine in that department over the years.

Since you brought me into this convo...Yes, you're right, it's all about confidence....A few years back, pre rugby, when I was a monster of a man, 6'3" 370, I dated a girl who did some modeling. During my rugby days, when I was still a biggy, 260 was my lowest playing weight, I was routinely able to get "hotties"...Even now, at 310 with no job I've got 3 different girls "on the hook" not an ugly one in the bunch.

Right On! I'm just saying if Webb is one of them, he's pretty ugly LOL

Seriously, it's all in good fun, represent Bear love to the ladies!

It probably dates me...but you are basically citing Leykis 101...

You are correct.

In my case it's not the wallet LOL

I think it's about confidence. I think this is why girls like jerks. Jerks are confident. Most women would prefer a confident good guy over a jerk, but they prefer confidence over nice without it.

If a girl goes on a date with you, she's thinking about sleeping with you. Maybe not that night, but she's interested. Usually guys screw it up by trying too hard. If you just relax, and show up like a friend, make her laugh, talk to her, and wait for her to tell you when it's time, you'll be amazed.

I dont go on a date hoping she likes me or hoping I will kiss her, I just show up like Im sitting next to someones cousin at a wedding. Im going to have a good time and laugh no matter what, and if sparks happen, I'll notice.

Now I know that this board is about football and not dating. But it's the offseason soon, and I'd like to see some of you get laid HAHAHA

Back to football! :)

Holy cow. I step away for a few days and board takes vicious left hand turn Lol. SCS has 3 girls!!! Screw that. Its tough enough with just 1 woman. Also about the comment that we don't know what there thinking. Lol. Yeah that's because I don't care. I hear my wife and her hit friend talk and I just want to run for nearest bar. I can say after 10 years of marriage I don't get sexual fruatrated and take it out on y'all. I'm just a natural Jack ass and love it lol

Holy cow. I step away for a few days and board takes vicious left hand turn Lol. SCS has 3 girls!!! Screw that. Its tough enough with just 1 woman. Also about the comment that we don't know what there thinking. Lol. Yeah that's because I don't care. I hear my wife and her hit friend talk and I just want to run for nearest bar. I can say after 10 years of marriage I don't get sexual fruatrated and take it out on y'all. I'm just a natural Jack ass and love it lol

Glad I'm married. If I had 3 chicks, I wouldn't be posting 24/7. Just sayin...

Allow me to clear up what I mean by 3 girls "on the hook". I don't date while I'm jobless, so these are just 3 girls I'm getting to know. They're all into me, they all know my situation, and they all "hope I get a job soon"....Pretty much getting to know em with the intent of picking the best one once I start working....Making my scouting report on the prospects before I draft em ;)