Kind of funny

Chitownhustla

Despite Bear Trap's suggestion I don't have a 'love affair' with Lovie just an appreciation of who he is and his style of coaching. I met him once while at the DFW airport. Although it was a very brief conversation he seemed to be a very personable guy and unassuming. From what I hear from players who have been coached by him they too say he's a stand up guy. Hence why I suggset he's a good "COACH". With Trestman I don't know him as well as a fan. Will he prove to be a 'keeper'? Only time will tell. I realize one year does not a career make. (I'm not part of the Cleveland Browns management for pete's sake).

Oh....I would have cancelled my flight or changed it to his location just for the chance to bend his ear. I would have asked him at least 10 times, "Yeah, I like the D and all, but why do you keep sacrificing the OL and making the Bears a one-sided team?"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheers

No worry, you won't win...Bears will run the table for the next 10 years! TB can't win a SB if we do...

:dabears

The "tongue in cheek" was in context to the original post. Where the comment was made how much influence defense hD in each of the last few Super Bowls. Knowing Lovie is defensive minded and Trestman is not I said "should've kept Lovie" (ergo tongue in cheek). Or perhaps I misunderstand the phrase(?). I didn't think the comment would incite a near riot (sensationalism) especially with the likes of the Stingers of the world. That I honestly did not expect. I realize Lovies not coming back and Trestman is the man. Still like Lovie for what and who he is.

I guess the way I look at what happened was I did not intend to come across as being deceitful. Not intending to be trollish. "Just sayin".

But in the end and as a result of this discussion you and I have a decent wager for a great cause. I look forward to winning. Haha!