Bears sign S Ryan Mundy

Guest TerraTor

Competition for Conte Bench spot

Special Teams? I don't know what they see in him that Pittsburgh and NYG did not. He has played in 80 games, started only 15 (10 last year) and has a career total of 2 INTs, 2 FFB, and 1 Sack.

Compare to Conte who has 6 INTs and 2 FFB in 45 games, starting 40.

Guest TerraTor
Special Teams? I don't know what they see in him that Pittsburgh and NYG did not. He has played in 80 games, started only 15 (10 last year) and has a career total of 2 INTs, 2 FFB, and 1 Sack.

Compare to Conte who has 6 INTs and 2 FFB in 45 games, starting 40.

Well i guess he's new compared to Wright and Steltz. I Have a feeling we go S in Rd1

Competition for Conte Bench spot

Mundy is a pure in the box strong safety. Good at defensing the run. Bad against the pass.

It's interesting that of the top two defensive signings, both are good against the run.

As for Conte, we seem to be somewhat supportive of him. I wonder what he'd do playing in a front 9 that was amongst the worst ever assembled. Our 2013 defense is comparable to our 2004 offense.

Is that so bad? I seem to recall virtually every single one of us stating that we'd play better than Conte or Wright?

He appears to be the replacement for Wright at the moment. Which also suggests we will draft a replacement.

The fact that they are introducing Mundy at the press conference today suggests to me that they view him as a starter.

Is that so bad? I seem to recall virtually every single one of us stating that we'd play better than Conte or Wright?

He appears to be the replacement for Wright at the moment. Which also suggests we will draft a replacement.

Agreed. I don't think it's bad. I don't give a damn who he is. If they think he's worth the money, then he absolutely gets a shot at displacing Conte, because Conte is an Italian word that means "Count," or in his case "can't be counted on."

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...92-b8a903aa7c4a

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...41-1e1c2de08499

I like the guy, seems like a class act and I like his approach to his opportunity to be a starter. We'll see what he does on the field.

...and goodbye Major Wright as Mundy wears #21.

Ya, I think he'll be an above average SS. I know PFF is not everything, but he did have a positive grade there, so there's hope. Gotta like the fact he's considered a strong run defender and the 77 tackles in just 10 starts kinda backs that up.

It wouldn't surprise me nor disappoint me if he's the starter.

I know it's bleacher report, but Matt Miller does deserve a little respect.... He has Mundy as the 26th ranked safety (out if 75)....Wright/Conte didn't even make the list.

I think he's our starting SS and we'll grab our FS in the draft (Unless they surprise us and sign Clemons).

I know it's bleacher report, but Matt Miller does deserve a little respect.... He has Mundy as the 26th ranked safety (out if 75)....Wright/Conte didn't even make the list.

I think he's our starting SS and we'll grab our FS in the draft (Unless they surprise us and sign Clemons).

I like Matt Miller I think he knows his shit and hits right most of the time.