Bears sign Willie Young

scs787

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there's this... "missed you by that much...punk"

http://youtu.be/v55mFUmkNuo

The more I see of him the more he makes me think of Dave Bass. Very similar build and style.

Love that link and the NFL needs to quit being so politically correct before they kill the game! WY did nothing wrong there....a penalty? Jack Tatum and Dick Butkus would be barred from the NFL for life! Give me a break, the NFL is not for pussies!

Love that link and the NFL needs to quit being so politically correct before they kill the game! WY did nothing wrong there....a penalty? Jack Tatum and Dick Butkus would be barred from the NFL for life! Give me a break, the NFL is not for pussies!

That's not always true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...ick-ordeal.html

Where Cutler would have fired off right back at Young for that crap Brady immediately looks for help.

When Hixon was given a chance to start he's played well. That's probably all he'll be looked at to do here. Especially in Trestmans system, Hixon would be the better receiver.

I don't see how you can unequivocally say that. Hester has had better seasons.

Yds per Reception? Hixon 13.4 vs Hester 12.9, more Receiving TDs in 2013 and 2012, 300+ receiving yards in 2012, 50% more receptions in 2012.

Just using Hester's last year as a WR vs Hixon's last full season, which is 2012, Hixon clearly dominated Hester in every category. Hixon also has never fumbled.

As a returner, it is not even close, but you could make a mild case that Hixon is a better WR if you only look at certain stats from certain years that support your argument.

You're going to use 2013 WR stats for Hester? Really? The point I'm making is, Hixon came in as a WR. He's done nearly nothing. Hester came in as an athlete/DB, and has produced a much better receiving career than Hixon, where Hixon's best season is comparable to Hester's third best season.

Thought I'd share this so others can share in the enjoyment....

Tyron Smith was the 9th overall pick a few years ago and a pro bowler last year....Young made him look like....dare I say it....J'Marcus Webb.

This dude is gonna surprise a lot of folks here.

MUCH RESPECT for you posting that Webb comparison.

Just speaking in terms of this offense...I just don't think Trestman wants shorter WRs, thus Hixon is a better fit at 6'2"....in my opinion anyway.

I get what you're saying, but this goes back to the ludicrous "just because he's taller, he's better" discussion we had. 6'2" doesn't mean shit if he can't get open and can't catch. I'll take Wes Welker or Danny Amendola every day of the week over Hixon.

I get what you're saying, but this goes back to the ludicrous "just because he's taller, he's better" discussion we had. 6'2" doesn't mean shit if he can't get open and can't catch. I'll take Wes Welker or Danny Amendola every day of the week over Hixon.

I'm sure Trestman would agree. But Welker and Amendola both signed deals at 10 million per. Hixon signed for the veteran minimum. We are talking about a back-up WR versus a premier player. I think in terms of looking for a back-up WR, we are happy to have a veteran whose height is close to BM and AJ. Especially since Cutler seems to prefer tall guys.

I would too, but Devin Hester is not Wes Welker or Danny Amendola.

Hixon, when he played, was reliable. He managed to rack up 567 yards in 2012 while playing behind the 4th option behind Cruz/Nicks/Martellus Bennett. In Hesters good year he was higher on the depth chart.

This isn't really a worth wild argument here so I'm just gonna let it go....We're comparing the Bears 6th option to a guy who is no longer on the team. No need to put a lot of effort into this. Let's just call it a difference of opinions and let it go.

I would too, but Devin Hester is not Wes Welker or Danny Amendola.

Hixon, when he played, was reliable. He managed to rack up 567 yards in 2012 while playing behind the 4th option behind Cruz/Nicks/Martellus Bennett. In Hesters good year he was higher on the depth chart.

This isn't really a worth wild argument here so I'm just gonna let it go....We're comparing the Bears 6th option to a guy who is no longer on the team. No need to put a lot of effort into this. Let's just call it a difference of opinions and let it go.

I didn't mean to insinuate that Hester = Welker/Amendola. Not even close. It's just the "taller = better" thing that always irritates me. If that were true, Hixon would already be dominating in the NFL, and Welker/Amendola would be clawing to get on a team.

I didn't mean to insinuate that Hester = Welker/Amendola. Not even close. It's just the "taller = better" thing that always irritates me. If that were true, Hixon would already be dominating in the NFL, and Welker/Amendola would be clawing to get on a team.

I'm not saying bigger is necessarily better, I just think Trestman prefers bigger in his offense. In the overall scheme of things, league wide, I'm sure not every coach will agree.

"TWSS"

The ultimate offensive draft if Cutler got his way:

1. Mike Evans WR 6'5" 225 Texas

2 Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE 6'6" 266 Washington

I'm not so sure it's as much Cutler getting his way as it is Trestman...Though I really have nothing to base that on.

If they went out and grabbed Clemons and Sims/Williams/Carrington....I'd have absolutely no problem drafting yet another weapon. I'd absolutely freak out if they drafted Ebron in the first. I heard that some scouts think he can be the best TE in the league right away.

How in gods name do you defend against a ace formation with Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Ebron and Forte coming out of the backfield? Perhaps better yet how do you defend against a 5 wide formation of Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Ebron/Wilson.