Allen with Bears

Alaskan Grizzly

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAA! What an offseason by Emery. This guy does not F' around.

Allen had 11.5 sacks last season. He's the pure pass rusher we lacked and gives legitimacy to our defense. I'm officially happy with our free agency at this point.

This gives us a lot of flexibility both in terms of game day and also the draft.

Allen had 11.5 sacks last season. He's the pure pass rusher we lacked and gives legitimacy to our defense. I'm officially happy with our free agency at this point.

This gives us a lot of flexibility both in terms of game day and also the draft.

Agreed, have to say Emery has gained some cred with me...if only a little.

Hear the deal is in the $8 mil / year neighborhood.

Yes. Or trade down.

Either way I am good with it.

I just love how Emery turned around the Offensive Line last offseason from a weakness to a strength adding Bushrod, Slauson, Long, and Mills, and now has done the same thing to the Defensive Line this offseason adding Allen, Houston, and Young.

Yes. Or trade down.

I we can trade down. I might be in the minority, but I really felt by far our greatest needed was a pass rusher and there really isn't one worth taking at #14.

Four year 32 million dollar deal with 15.5 guaranteed. Just heard it.

Yes. Or trade down.

Not that it means anything but couldn't help but hear that Marshall and J. Palmer were at Bortles pro day. Marshall because of his alma mater and Palmer to help advise Bortles. I know he's (Bortles) out of reach but interesting nevertheless.

And speaking more on the Allen deal. Interesting moves in the division this year. Wooton to Minny, Peppers to GB and Allen to Chi. Chicago definitely got the best part of that deal.

Sweet!

Rock on Emery!

...and big kudos to our own GreatScott for bringing the indie info!

Welcome to Chicago Jared!

Its official!! Woo ha!!!

Edit: Being discussed now on NFL network. 4 year deal. As told by Molly Querim... Another "good" reporter.

And a link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000033...akcarrier=other

And 69 happens to be available!

I can see the Packer fans up here starting to get a little nervous. The Cutler hate is at an alltime high. Just shows they know that now that Trestman is here, things are changing offensively. Also, with all the upgrades on D they know it's gonna be time to pay the piper soon.

Love this signing the Bears are serious contenders now!

Good!

I can see the Packer fans up here starting to get a little nervous. The Cutler hate is at an alltime high. Just shows they know that now that Trestman is here, things are changing offensively. Also, with all the upgrades on D they know it's gonna be time to pay the piper soon.

Love this signing the Bears are serious contenders now!

Its official!! Woo ha!!!

Edit: Being discussed now on NFL network. 4 year deal. As told by Molly Querim... Another "good" reporter.

And a link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000033...akcarrier=other

And 69 happens to be available!

In general, here's how we've upgraded our d-line by:

Replaced Peppers with Allen: I'm not certain that this is much of an upgrade but Allen is 2.5 years young.

Replaced Wootton with Houston: HUGE upgrade

Replaced Shea with Young: Upgrade

Replaced Melton with Jay Ratliff: It's tough to gage with injuries

Overall we are better on the d-line. I couldn't have said that before the Allen move. I fully expect us to draft the top defensive tackle in the draft.

In general, here's how we've upgraded our d-line by:

Replaced Peppers with Allen: I'm not certain that this is much of an upgrade but Allen is 2.5 years young.

Replaced Wootton with Houston: HUGE upgrade

Replaced Shea with Young: Upgrade

Replaced Melton with Jay Ratliff: It's tough to gage with injuries

Overall we are better on the d-line. I couldn't have said that before the Allen move. I fully expect us to draft the top defensive tackle in the draft.

I thought Houston was a DE?

The only question this leaves me with is, who loses out on the DL?

I'm thinking Allen and Houston are the starters, with Young swapping out for Allen regularly and Houston kicking inside with Allen and Young on the ends on third down/obvious passing downs. Good problem to have.

Outstanding Addition!!!!!!

I have long wanted Jared Allen since his Kansas City days and was upset that Minnesota was able to trade for him and not the Bears. Allen has always been one of the most relentless, high motor and among the most productive DE's in the league over his tenure.

Also on a side note, I believe now that Melton is gone, number 69 is available for Jared!

Great offseason thus far by Phil Emery!

Bear Down!

Outstanding Addition!!!!!!

I have long wanted Jared Allen since his Kansas City days and was upset that Minnesota was able to trade for him and not the Bears. Allen has always been one of the most relentless, high motor and among the most productive DE's in the league over his tenure.

Also on a side note, I believe now that Melton is gone, number 69 is available for Jared!

Great offseason thus far by Phil Emery!

Bear Down!

Great pickup, very glad and relieved to see this addition to the D.....

Pretty good off-season for Emery I would say.