My glass is no longer half full regarding anything with this franchise. It's as bone dry as the Saharan desert...
It's like family. You can't choose them like you can choose your freinds. I'd give about anything to just jump on the Patriots or Baltimore bandwagon and feel what it likes to have a completent well run professional team to root for. But, I can't. I'm stuck in our own personal Hell as we wait this regime to be ousted and let the next one try and build for a few years. Easily 5 years from now until we are relevant again.
1. We have no QB. I really like Tru as a person, but not as a QB. He aint' it. Neither is Chase.
2. We have no TE's. Burton flashed last year, and then faded. We've not had completent TE play since then. Shaheen is yet another Pace miscue.
3. Cohen, Gabriel and Miller are nice. But I've had it with Mighty Mouses. Cohen can return, and the other guys flash, but they mess up far more often than one would like. And when going against defenders, unless you place the ball ridiculously perfect, their height challenged bodies can't get open from DB's. Sorry, I'm short too. I don't play agasint 6'7" monster men. They simply aren't good enough to make up for the height issue. No one here is Steve Smith in the bunch.
4. Nagy is a fool. He's a fraud. His game plan and play calling are meant to light up a Madden opponent. Not a real football team. He's so intent on being tricky, he's eschewing winning for trying to be right. F him. I hate him. I hate that dumb visor. I hate that he's a nice guy cheerleader. That's all he is. He is a f'ing joke. From the Andy Reid tree. Well, la-di-frickin-da. Reid's sorry a$$ has never won despite the regular season epic numbers he puts up. Great for fantasy, not so much in reality. Nagy is the dumba$$ who mis-called the big playoff game for them years back and somehow parlayed that into our HC gig. I swear I bought right into it and probably would've bought the Brooklyn Bridge had it been offfered. Then he gets Helfrich. Who? College proven only - nothing pro. Heistand the genuis, who can't seem to teach guys jack now. And then Childress!? HA!!!!!!!!!!! That clown sucked when we went against him when he was in Minny. Again, never won jack. The Reid tree...a diseased tree of puss and manure.
5. Pace can pound sand. Right now, SF and the Raiders are laughing all the way to the bank with our trades with them . If I could undo the Mack trade, I wouldn't. But, it's only because Pace would pick complete garbage with the first round picks while somehow trading up w/ ghosts in order to rid ourselves of those pesky first round picks in a couple years. F Pace. He can eat a bag of you know what.
6. I am challenging myslef now. To not believe in this horribly run franchise. They have not earned the right of fans to have any hope. Until they PROVE they can put 2 successive successful seasons together, I will assume we will be the clown show that we always are. I will still root, because it's my damn blood. But, I wll refuse to believe until then.
7. See #6 regarding giving any money to this franchise. I will not attend a game. I will not buy any product. Nothing. You get no more of my money McCaskeys until you give me something in return.
Rant over. I needed to purge that. Thanks for placating me. I'm still here as a loyal follower. But, I will approach it with trepidation and cautiousness never trusting in this franchise until proven otherwise. I thought last year was the corner turned. Wow... Man, was I wrong. Last year was the anomaly.
As the Talking Heads said..."Same as it ever was..."