All on Trestman

Connorbear

The Bears had a chance to win this game - 3rd down and 1 at the 20 with 40 seconds on the clock. They should have run for the first down and then spike the ball. Would have been second down and had 2 shots at the end zone with about 20 seconds on the clock and a timeout. If you take a sack you can call time out.

Trestman played not to lose and we lost. This is all on him.

Peace :dabears

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears had a chance to win this game - 3rd down and 1 at the 20 with 40 seconds on the clock. They should have run for the first down and then spike the ball. Would have been second down and had 2 shots at the end zone with about 20 seconds on the clock and a timeout. If you take a sack you can call time out.

Said the same thing as it happened. Mistakes were made throughout, but that one was critical.

3rd Downs tell the story, we were 5/12 but only 1 of those conversions was longer than 4 yards. Remarkably, 3 conversions were 3rd and 1, and one was 3rd and 4. The only one longer than that was a 3rd and 10 to Marshall for 15 yards. The other 7 we missed: 3rd and 10 - sacked, 3rd and 5 - incomplete, 3rd and 11 - incomplete, 3rd and 12 - 8 yd reception by Spurlock, 3rd and 1 - Interception, 3rd and 1 - incomplete, 3rd and 7 incomplete. That is sickening to me. We could not convert a damn thing on 3rd Down, and 2x were 3rd and 1's, that is inexcusable for a team with this many weapons. The offense is supposed to be the strength of this team and we can only muster 20 pts but also make 3x turnovers that turn into 13 pts for the Bills.

Interesting, the Bills only scored twice after a punt or kickoff. Their second drive and the one in OT. All other points came off turnovers.

I was completely unimpressed with the play of the defensive line - almost no pressure all day. Jared Allen was invisible. They have to play a lot better for us to with.

Still, we could have won this game and I put the blame squarely on Trestman.

I think at some point we must agree that Cutler is garbage

He's not garbage but he makes a lot of costly mistakes. He did throw some beautiful passes. I will excuse the first interception but the one by the defensive lineman cannot happen. He needs to learn to throw the ball away.

Guest TerraTor
He's not garbage but he makes a lot of costly mistakes. He did throw some beautiful passes. I will excuse the first interception but the one by the defensive lineman cannot happen. He needs to learn to throw the ball away.

He's 31 and the highest paid player in Bears history (not to mention in nfl in '14) Learning time is passed. Just sick of his bullshit

He's Brett Favre...Far from garbage and actually pretty damn good but the gun slinger mentality will never stop him from throwing picks and you just gotta live with it.

Unfortunately for at least 3 more years..

I'm still more worried about the defense though. Jay is what he is. He'll never be "Elite", just above average.

Jay could not carry Favre's jock strap. Horrible comparison.

Talking about his gunslinging "I can fit the ball in anywhere" mentality. Favre lead the league in INTs a few times.

Career Completion %- Favre- 62% Cutler- 61.4%

Career TD%- Favre- 5% Cutler- 4.7%

Career INT%- Favre- 3.3% Cutler- 3.4%

Yards per completion- Favre- 11.4 Cutler- 11.9

Yards per game- Favre- 237 Cutler- 230

QBR- Favre- 86 Cutler 84.6

Talking about his gunslinging "I can fit the ball in anywhere" mentality. Favre lead the league in INTs a few times.

They are not even close:

Playoff Wins - Favre 13 - Cutler 1

Pro Bowls - Favre 11 - Cutler 1

Consecutive Games played - Favre 297 - Cutler - Not 297

30 TD Seasons - Favre 8 - Cutler 0

4,000 Yard Passing Season - Favre 6 - Cutler 1

QB Rec - Favre 186-112, Cutler - 56-49

Years with winning record - Favre 15, Cutler 2

Win% - Favre against Bears 64% (23-13), Cutler with the Bears 57% (39-29) > the worst part about this stat > Grossman 19-12 61% as Bears starter, Orton 21-12 65% as Bears starter. The Bears were 40-24 with Grossman/Orton, 1 more win and 5 less losses than Cutler alone.

Cutler is more comparable to Jake Plummer or Ken O'Brien. He gets his stats (+300 yards today) but loses with turnovers.

They are not even close:

Playoff Wins - Favre 13 - Cutler 1

Pro Bowls - Favre 11 - Cutler 1

Consecutive Games played - Favre 297 - Cutler - Not 297

30 TD Seasons - Favre 8 - Cutler 0

4,000 Yard Passing Season - Favre 6 - Cutler 1

QB Rec - Favre 186-112, Cutler - 56-49

Years with winning record - Favre 15, Cutler 2

Win% - Favre against Bears 64% (23-13), Cutler with the Bears 57% (39-29) > the worst part about this stat > Grossman 19-12 61% as Bears starter, Orton 21-12 65% as Bears starter. The Bears were 40-24 with Grossman/Orton, 1 more win and 5 less losses than Cutler alone.

Cutler is more comparable to Jake Plummer or Ken O'Brien. He gets his stats (+300 yards today) but loses with turnovers.

Yep.....wish we would have kept McCown.

How do the average stats for the rest of the league compare to those 2 QBs? Because I'd guess that passing yards per game in 2009-2014 are very, very different from what they were 1995-2005.

I knew I should have just left it at the gunslinger part.....That's all I was really getting at. Both guys see windows they think they can fit it in because of their arm strength which is both a blessing and a curse.....That will probably never change, it never did for Favre, and it never will for Cutler.

I knew I should have just left it at the gunslinger part.....That's all I was really getting at. Both guys see windows they think they can fit it in because of their arm strength which is both a blessing and a course.....That will probably never change, it never did for Favre, and it never will for Cutler.

Brett Favre's best season by far, in Minnesota, was when he finally cut down on some of those tendencies, cut down on the INTs, and showed that control.

He then lost his final playoff game when he reverted back.

Guest TerraTor
Did you watch McCown yesterday??

b99333a26c4de49df107edb910ccd1a6.gif?1410128668

I watched the whole game and not only did he have 2 INTs, just like Cutler, but there were also 2 plays where he had a WR wide open for TDs that he failed to deliver....He looked awful.

And he looked great with us

As a whole, I felt that the game got away from us because we spent too much time flinging the football and didn't focus enough on the run. Including in that 3rd and one situation. Defense actually surprised me a bit, however, we still gave up a bazillion rushing yards. Offense didn't do the defense any favors. We got absolutely destroyed on field position all day long. Really pathetic.

And he looked great with us

Against the 31st, 30th, 24th, 20th, and 19th ranked passing Ds. If you wanna hate on Jay and think he's not gonna lead us to a title, that's fine, we all have opinions, but Josh McCown isn't the answer either and he displayed why against a talented Panthers D.