Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tanner Gentry promoted
ASHKUM BEAR
post Oct 11 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Key back up

Group: Super Fans
Member No.: 2,593

Finally, we bring back one of our real WR's. He has natural hands unlike Bellamy and his deep threat may soften the box. Denote Thompson released to make room, which I'm sure he will be placed on the PS if he clears.

Gentry promoted
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jason
post Oct 11 2017, 11:03 AM
Post #2

Starter

Member No.: 2,660

I'm calling it now. His new nickname is "Yo-Yo."

--------------------
A stud OL makes bad players average, average players good, good players great, and great players Hall of Famers. (circa 2007-2008)

The Packers rushed 2 against the Bears 5...the result of the play was a sack. 5-2=3 extra blockers, and it was still a sack. The Bears' primary problem has been OL since at least 2007.

+Quote Post
Connorbear
post Oct 11 2017, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Key back up

Group: Admin

Member No.: 2,590

Trubisky and Gentry clearly have developed a chemistry. Hopefully, they can continue it at this level.

Peace bearssmilie.jpg

--------------------
Butt-head: This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 11 2017, 01:53 PM
Post #4

Platoon starter

Member No.: 46

I really hope he sticks this time with Trubisky as the starter. Miller and Wright seemed to be getting more comfortable with Trubisky during the game and hopefully Gentry can add to that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AZ54
post Oct 11 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #5

Platoon starter

Member No.: 2,601

I like this. We can't win early on plays with all the small WRs we had running around out there. The 8-in-the-box theme will continue until we beat it downfield and Gentry has the talent to do that.

+Quote Post
ASHKUM BEAR
post Oct 11 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #6

Key back up

Member No.: 2,593

QUOTE (AZ54 @ Oct 11 2017, 04:57 PM) *
I like this. We can't win early on plays with all the small WRs we had running around out there. The 8-in-the-box theme will continue until we beat it downfield and Gentry has the talent to do that.

That and these guys practiced all summer together. They need to get Sheheen more involved also imo.

+Quote Post
BearFan2000
post Oct 12 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #7

Special Teamer

Member No.: 2,668

I was hoping they would bring Gentry back to the 53, but i kinda question the choice of player to cut. Why not cut Weaton who's done less than nothing vs Thomson who's at least contributed some at times. I know it's a bit of a tallest midget argument but seems like Weaton or Bellamay would be more cuttable.

+Quote Post
Alaskan Grizzly
post Oct 12 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #8

Key back up

Member No.: 2,639

QUOTE (BearFan2000 @ Oct 12 2017, 07:55 AM) *
I was hoping they would bring Gentry back to the 53, but i kinda question the choice of player to cut. Why not cut Weaton who's done less than nothing vs Thomson who's at least contributed some at times. I know it's a bit of a tallest midget argument but seems like Weaton or Bellamay would be more cuttable.

Agreed. I’ve made it known I think (or thought) that Thompson could’ve been a better contributer overall than some of the others at his postition. He did have some impressive pre-season stats with Trubisky which you’d think would weigh into his being given the chance. That and he’s a decent return man on ST.

+Quote Post
jason
post Oct 12 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #9

Starter

Member No.: 2,660

They chose Thompson over Wheaton purely because of money. That's the only thing I figure.

Wheaton's salary this year and cap hit are substantial. He has the 11th biggest cap hit on the entire team, and dumping this early would be an admission of horrible free agency selection as well as financial obligation. If they had paid him $1M, he'd likely be the one cut.

--------------------
A stud OL makes bad players average, average players good, good players great, and great players Hall of Famers. (circa 2007-2008)

The Packers rushed 2 against the Bears 5...the result of the play was a sack. 5-2=3 extra blockers, and it was still a sack. The Bears' primary problem has been OL since at least 2007.

+Quote Post
DABEARSDABOMB
post Oct 12 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #10

Key back up

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (jason @ Oct 12 2017, 11:47 AM) *
They chose Thompson over Wheaton purely because of money. That's the only thing I figure.

Wheaton's salary this year and cap hit are substantial. He has the 11th biggest cap hit on the entire team, and dumping this early would be an admission of horrible free agency selection as well as financial obligation. If they had paid him $1M, he'd likely be the one cut.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Wheaton has proven himself at the NFL level in the past (with the Steelers) and has physical talent. He was limited by injuries last year and then he was impacted again leading up to the season by injuries. I'd say injuries are an issue, but the Bears should be patient to see if some consistent playing time (after recovering with injuries) as well as just overall time adjusting to the system, can help him.

--------------------
Jay freakin Cutler!!!

+Quote Post
lemonej
post Oct 13 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #11

Key back up

Member No.: 2,618

QUOTE (jason @ Oct 11 2017, 12:03 PM) *
I'm calling it now. His new nickname is "Yo-Yo."

Waddlentry!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 01:09 AM