Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by adam,

    Here is the link: https://theathletic.com/5270481/2024/02/13/nfl-draft-2024-prospect-rankings-top-100/ His current top 10: 1. Caleb Williams 2. Marvin Harrison Jr. 3. Malik Nabers 4. Drake Maye 5. Brock Bowers 6. Joe Alt 7. Rome Odunze 8. Jayden Daniels 9. Olu Fashanu 10. Terrion Arnold

  2. Started by adam,

    He releases his full list "The Beast" in the next week or so, but here is his top 100: https://theathletic.com/4307966/2023/03/29/nfl-draft-2023-prospect-rankings-board/ I really like his assessments. If you have access, each player has a write up. His top 10 is: Anderson, Young, Carter, Gonzalez, Stroud, Skoronski, Robinson, Wilson, Witherspoon, and Van Ness. Obviously that won't be the draft, order, so the Bears will have an opportunity to get one of those guys at #9 (or someone outside of the top 10). In his top 50, there are 10 Edge, 7 WR, 7 CB, 5 OT, 4 TE, 4 QB, 4 DT, 3 OG, 2 LB, 2 RB, 1 OC, 1 S So the Bears can easily get a top 50 playe…

    • 5 replies
    • 786 views
  3. Started by bradjock,

    With the drafting of Chris Conte, there's an assumption the D Manning is gone. The thing is, will Manning even be a free agent? Pending more court rulings, there's a good chance the lock-out will again be lifted and that the NFL will use 2010 rules. Under those rules, Manning would again not be a free agent. On a side note, Manning had a good season and after 5 years, we finally discovered his best position is SS. I wouldn't mind having him back.

    • 2 replies
    • 961 views
  4. Started by bschmaranz,

    http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3696/danieal-manning A lot of money and a lot of kind words for someone who I don't think deserves either.

    • 0 replies
    • 690 views
  5. Started by Pixote,

    The more I read about this guy the more I like him. I would love to see him become a huge contributor year 1. Rozner: New Bear Braverman a study in perseverance

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/70...-sherrod-martin Interesting. Surprised @ RB. Thomas is a physical back from what I recall.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Started by AZ54,

    I thought Jason would be all over this. I think it was always inevitable. Now after a season to adjust to the NFL and learn our playbook it's time for Daniels to take over leading the Oline. I don't know much about blocking schemes but Daniels has better mobility and will either handle reach blocks better than Whitehair or will be better when pulling into space. Whitehair likely is moving back to his more natural position too. Will we get better snaps to Trubisky in the shotgun instead of those floating snaps that sometimes took forever to arrive? https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019/5/22/18636528/bears-james-daniels-center-cody-whitehair-guard-swi…

  8. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    suntimes.com Thoughts?

  9. Started by adam,

    Highlights:

    • 1 reply
    • 892 views
  10. Started by AZ54,

    We are well into the negotiating period for FA and I haven't found any rumors about Trevathan. I scanned all the usual suspects nfl.com, si.com, cbssports, and Walterfootball and there is nothing out there. That is odd for a player who figures to be the top ILB available in FA, especially considering the media circus surrounding the Superbowl winner's free agents. I did find this: http://beargoggleson.com/2016/03/07/signs-...-chicago-bears/ The silence doesn't add up for such a high profile FA and the quick change of direction by other potential suitors indicates something was said behind the scenes. Tomorrow the media circus, distracted by Manning's reti…

    • 57 replies
    • 8.8k views
  11. Started by adam,

    Man that was a crazy hit. I am sure he will get 2-4 games for that one, due to the head to head contact. I know everyone is calling this dirty, but I don't know if it was intended to be. I am sure Trevathan was frustrated and wanted to make a hard hit, but I don't think he wanted to hit head on head. I watched it a few times and when Trevathan is closing in, his helmet is chest high on Adams, and within a few feet, Adams concedes the tackle and starts to drop straight down. When Trevathan meets him, it is head on head. The only way to avoid something like this is if the refs blow the play dead, which they didn't. Look at the below video at the 0:04 to 0:05 mar…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Started by Pixote,

    Dante Culpepper sent out notice that he will be retiring from football. For those who wanted him as a badckup for the Bears, FORGET IT! LOL

    • 0 replies
    • 943 views
  13. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    Dresses like an idiot and I already think he never produced and is weak...

    • 0 replies
    • 644 views
  14. Started by tshanno,

    http://bearingthenews.com/?p=1131 Daring the NFL to Disappear Here’s a heaping load of truth brought to you courtesy of Dan McNeil, writing for the Chicago Tribune: “You don’t need the NFL. You only think you do.” “I’m daring the NFL to disappear.” So am I. I’m old enough to have been around for the last NFL labor stoppage. You know what happened? I found other things to do on Sunday afternoon. So did millions of others. And that’s what will happen if NFL games are lost due to a lockout. As much as I enjoy the NFL, I’m not too worried about missing it. In fact, I’m very ambivalent and I find myself growing more so every day as I con…

    • 7 replies
    • 3.6k views
  15. Started by AZ54,

    I'm surprised at how well he tracks the ball and then goes up after it. He's small like Gabriel but if he gets into his stride he's fast. As a late Rd pick he's a decent cheaper version of Hamler and in that context I like the value. The big difference is learning how to run routes in this offense.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  16. Started by scs787,

    I've spent a lot of time hyping up Byron Pringle this off-season, but Mooney needs some love too. What makes a #1 WR in the NFL? How many are there? Last year Mooney was 15th in receiving yards among wide receivers(17th overall). He also was 6th in the league in creating separation. Mooneys best ability, imo, is his ability to get down field and create separation. With the OL being pretty blah last year I don't think we were able to utilize that ability all that well. Fields and Mooney have been working out together all off-season, and with an improved offensive line, giving him the ability to work down the field more, I could see …

    • 6 replies
    • 910 views
  17. Started by AZ54,

    Rumors abound that the Bears want to get a contract extension done with Wright before training camp starts. OTC has him valued at $19m/yr. Spotrac has him at $21m/yr. current cap hit is $6.7m.

    • 6 replies
    • 372 views
  18. As expected, but I assume they are still working on an extension.

    • 1 reply
    • 190 views
  19. Started by Wesson44,

    The San Francisco 49ers announced on Saturday that WR Darrell Jackson has been waived. “I always had a great deal of respect for Darrell as a player in the NFL," said head coach Mike Nolan. "I appreciated his dedication and work ethic during his season with the 49ers. He always had a positive attitude every day he came to work. While we are going in a different direction, I know he can still produce and be an asset to an NFL team this year.” Jackson joined the 49ers on a draft day trade with the Seattle Seahawks last April. Jackson started 15 games for San Francisco in 2007 and finished third on the team with 497 receiving yards and fourth with 46 recept…

    • 34 replies
    • 10.6k views
  20. Started by DrunkBomber,

    I think that its good that they honored him but I think it was a poor decision not to include Damien Nash. He died less than two months later so you would think the memorial should have been for both of them. The only reason why I can think of that they didnt was because Williams was murdered and Nash wasnt. I hope it wasnt because Williams was a better player and more well known.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.