Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
-
We should find out by the third week of March if we will get compensated for our FA losses in 2007. We will most likely gain (2) 7th RD picks for losing Boone, Worrell, Johnson, and Scott (IMO). 1 Chris Williams OLT 2 Devin Thomas WR 3 Chad Henne QB 3 Quintin Demps S 4 Matt Forte RB 5 Brad Cottam TE 6 Kory Lichtensteiger C/G 7 Jacob Hester FB 7 Jason Rivers WR 7 Lorenzo Williams DT
-
- 9 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Read this article on Chicago Sun Times with regards article is there any likelihood of bears matching offer and would the 2nd round pick be this year or next The Bears have two RFA’s who have yet to sign their tenders. Safety Brandon McGowan will probably do so soon. He received the mid-level tender for $1.417 million that would require a team to send the Bears a second-round draft pick if it signed McGowan to an offer sheet and the Bears declined to match it.Quite simply, that’s not going to happen. McGowan figures to be in the mix for a starting job after improving at the end of last season. A lot at safety will depend on what happens with Mike Brown, who’s coming…
-
- 8 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Why wasn't an inside run called? Why did the Barbarian not have the presence of mind to simply fall down? That was the season. No reason to bring back Cutler now unless he can play at Green Bay but that's not going to happen. I agree with Noots, they will not win another game. Peace
-
- 8 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Sorry I can't add link from my iPad. Cbssportsline has an interesting article on the Forte contract talks. Makes you pick a side. Well I'm on the give the man what he is due. Give him the garaunteed money, since he did all that was asked for since being in the league
-
- 21 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Dennard/CB/Neb with first pick Toon/WR/WI with the second pick Zeitler/OG/WI with first of third round Carder/MLB/TCU with second of third round Green/TE/LouLaff with fourth round. I think this would be a good draft if we still go after WR,DE,and OL in FAgency. Lets say Mathis/DE/ Colts ( with new regime will probably take a fresh start attitude and let some of the older guys go. Lets say Reggie Wayne/WR/Colts (same reason) Lets say Eddie Royal/WR/ Den ( fresh start with the a qb he played well with) Lets say Demetri Bell/LT/Buf (he is young and had an injury this year, but if Buffalo doesnt Franchise him, pay him;above average LT) I…
-
Chicago Bears: F Grade Goals Entering the 2017 NFL Draft: The Bears spent a ton of money on Mike Glennon, so why would they spend a first-round on a pedestrian quarterback prospect? Glennon is not the answer, but neither is Mitchell Trubisky or Deshaun Watson. Chicago has to add talent to its secondary, receiving corps and offensive tackle group. 2017 NFL Draft Accomplishments: This section is misleading because it says "2017 NFL Draft Accomplishments." The Bears didn't accomplish anything outside of setting their franchise back five years. I can't believe how bad Chicago's draft was. Of the five picks the team made, three earned Millen grades. I can't s…
-
- 24 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Jerry Angelo wants John St. Clair back; Omiyale at guard By Vaughn McClure Bears general manager Jerry Angelo made it clear that the signing of Frank Omiyale did not mean the team will stop pursuing John St. Clair. "This has nothing to do with how we feel about John St. Clair," Angelo said Friday. "Really, when you go into negotiations, we can't determine the timetable on when we're going to get these deals done. ... We would have certainly liked to have gotten John St. Clair done first because we know John and feel real good about John." St. Clair was offered a three-year deal but became an unrestricted free agent late Thursday night. With John Tait expe…
-
- 14 replies
- 3k views
-
-
-
- 24 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Merry Christmas to to all Be safe and Hope all is great with your families.
-
- 13 replies
- 3k views
-
-
At least IMHO. Cut loose the following C Taylor, Omyale, Harrison, Sign Justin Blalock Line the looks like this Carimi, Blalock, Spencer Garza Webb Swing tackle C Williams I would fell much better about that then anything we got now.
-
- 18 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Ok I have read all the things I can here, From the extreme of one side saying it Orton, to another saying its Turner. The funny thing is we dominated every quarter on time possession and percentage of total net yards. We out played TB in almost every aspect of the game. With exception of the number passes. But our average of net yards per pass was greater then TB. Offensively The Bears are on track as wierd as it may seem, at least by the stats. Defensively its another story. Babich maybe the culprit or maybe Lovie wanting him to run it it a certain way. But either way you look at it, it smells pretty bad. Holding TB to 47 total rushing yards say the D line …
-
- 10 replies
- 3k views
-
-
This is the way I saw it, being there live. 1. Mike Brown- go away, pu$$y. You're done, don't matter how much any of us like to hear that. 2. Steltz played well coming off the bench. He was all over the field. 3. I hope that rumor is the truth, because I'm not sure how much faith I have in Rex. No offense, 88, I'm just saying. 4. Calvin Johnson is a G. The guy is a beast and is going to be a pain in our royal a$$es for years to come. 5. The field was our MVP today- had Hanson not slipped on the XP, we would have went to OT. 6. However ugly it was or wasn't, this isn't the BCS. A win is a win. We won't have to play a better team in the playoffs because we ba…
-
- 13 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Hub was on the score just a little bit ago and he saying that the Bears have already reached an agreement with Martz but "they are soooo afraid of what Cutler will think" and that is the reason he hasn't been hired yet. I will also no longer listen to what Martz says. He also went on to say how much of a baby that Cutler is and everything but then just a minute later he said that you never really saw that during the season. I think he is getting his information for not so realiable sources. He tried to say that he heard that Cutler was such a big baby and everything in Denver all the time but I think that is funny because you never really heard much from him until aft…
-
- 10 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Played some LB, but projects as DE. McClellin and Wootton have some competition. From NFLDraftScout.com: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...lius-washington Projected 2-3rd Round (82nd Overall), we got him at 188.
-
- 14 replies
- 3k views
-
-
I realize that it won't mean much if we can't run the ball or pass protect, but still I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion here about Martz's passing scheme. I watched the preseason game, and I replayed every passing down the Bears had. The scheme is GREAT. EVERY down had multiple receivers open, sometimes WIDE open. You know how when we play certain teams, you feel so frustrated at our coverage, like "how are THEY always open, and we NEVER are??" I think we're about to be one of those other teams. I'm used to seeing receivers used to clear space and then hitting the guy underneath. I saw similar shapes, but it seemed that in a lot of the pl…
-
- 17 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Either he's waiting for Favre to sign, or he's showing off his diva-ness and red flags many drafters were worried about. May they experience no less than what we did w/ Benson! Couldn't happen to a better team.
-
- 5 replies
- 3k views
-
-
I really like what the Bears did in the draft. We got some players that we needed and we won't have to break the bank for them. We got competion for so postions and starters for others. I really think that on opening day we will start on offense LT will be Williams LG will be ST.Clair C will be Kreutz RG will be either Garza or Adams RT will be Tait. TE will be Clark/Olsen/Davis WR will be Booker/Bradley/Bennet/Davis/Monk/Hester(Hass and Lloyd will get cut) QB will be Grossman with Orton/Hill as back ups FB McKie RB will be Benson if healthy starting he knows the system already, but Forte will be in the wings. They will be splitting carries like…
-
- 9 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Get the D healthy. Retool the O Line (2 new starters at least) via the draft and FA. Pick a RB in the first round. Tell Turner to call the games like he did today... Agressive! Sign Briggs, Berrian, and Des Clark. Let Grossman go. You may go into the year with Orton as your QB but bring in a solid FA if available. If not available, draft a QB and keep Griese as your backup. Start Orton. Trade Benson for a mid/late round pick. Do it now. I'm hearing the injury he has will require a lot of work to rehab. Who believes he'll have what it takes to rehab it? Start thinking about paying Hester.
-
- 8 replies
- 3k views
-
-
He's put in a lot of time and effort. Not only that, I like his introspective approach toward improving those things he wasn't doing well at. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in preseason. http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/15500...te-ego-ferguson
-
- 9 replies
- 3k views
-