Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Does this guy have any gas left in his tank ? http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,1561589.story
-
- 12 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Sorry if this has already been posted, but Draft Party (http://www.youtube.com/user/DraftParty) has put together videos of the top WR prospects in the draft, which is helpful for those of us who haven't seen much of them in college: Michael Crabtree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ySmg1f8ZSM Jeremy Maclin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA619-10IIM Darrius Heyward-Bey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA Percy Harvin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34--XTjboDI Kenny Britt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98USWn8dG0 Hakeem Nicks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWakmo3_m2s Brian Robiskie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUgs…
-
- 12 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
One veteran lineman definitely won't be back as guard Terrence Metcalf requested and was granted his release. A third-round pick in 2002, Metcalf made 25 starts for the Bears. He signed a six-year, $12.2 million contract in 2006 and was expected to start at left guard last season before arthroscopic knee surgery in training camp opened the door for Josh Beekman. Newly signed free agent Frank Omiyale is expected to take over at left guard. The Bears had hoped to carry Metcalf at least through training camp and the preseason, but they have more depth with veteran Dan Buenning and starting right guard Roberto Garza, so they allowed Metcalf to depart now to find a new te…
-
- 12 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
GILL STANDS OUT AT NORTHWESTERN PRO DAY Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 13, 2009, 2:03 p.m. Northwestern defensive tackle John Gill wasn’t invited to the NFL scouting combine, but topped many players’ workout numbers during his Pro Day workout this week. That showing would have ranked him among the top 10 defensive tackles at the combine. Weighing in at 302 pounds, Gill clocked a 4.91 in the 40-yard dash, registered 29 repetitions of 225 pounds in the bench press test and turned in a 31.5-inch vertical leap. His shuttle run was 4.44 seconds and his three-cone drill was 7.1 seconds, which were better than any of the defensive tackle numbers at the Scouting Combi…
-
- 12 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Unless they stupid with money and are only offering him a swing tackle job, then he will be back here tuesday. Who the hell would pick Cleveland over Chicago?
-
- 12 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Now that St. Clair is gone it looks like Omilaye will be the new starting right tackle.
-
- 12 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Chargers are shopping Kaseem Osgood/WR - 28- 6 year pro. He must have some limitations but is a big guy 6' 5" 220 and has been all pro as a special teamer for the last few years. There are several good receivers in SD and he wants playing time. They are looking for a low round draft pick.
-
- 12 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
After a disappointing last season I see no reason to get hyped about this year so far. I expected just little more FA signings for more depth and at least 2 starters before draft day. I really believed that we would have signed a free safety with more experience, leadership and pro bowl caliber type. The same goes with an olinemen with the same qualities. I guess we could still pick some Fa's after the draft to fill in where we need too. Maybe the grab a handfull of shit and throw it against the wall to see what sticks theory is going on here. Nfo maybe had it right when he posted about Angelo short sheeting Lovie like he did Jauron. I normally don't agr…
-
- 12 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
-
Last time I posted I got a little riff for being negative on our Bears being stagnant with the fa market. Listen I don't post a lot but when I do I call it as i see it. I knew if we went into the season with what we had, There was little hope that we would go far into the playoffs. I would even go as far to say it would be hard to win our division. Now with the recent moves I see hope. Hope that I was asking for in the likes of a all pro QB and and that all pro OL. Yes, Pace might be up in age and have health issues but it's an upgrade. And yes it's only a stop gap. We can't solve all our problems in single off season but it's a start. It seems that m…
-
- 12 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
2. Mohammad Massaqoui, WR, Georgia ---Do I like him this early? No. But the organization does. 3. Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech ---Talk about rising talk? This guy was a 6th rounder 2 months ago. 4. Jason McCourty, CB, Rutgers ---CB depth. 5. Orion Martin, DE, Virginia Tech ---DL toy for Marinelli. 5. Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse ---Best FB in the draft, IMO. McKie doesn't get it done. 7. Jeremy Childs, WR, Boise State ---WR depth. 7. John Gill, DT, Northwestern ---DT depth and the team likes him. Thoughts (this could all change by signing Holt or Burress)?
-
- 12 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
For what it's worth, NFL.com says we will have the weakest schedule next seas based on 2008 numbers: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true And by the way, Minny has the second weakest!
-
- 12 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
I am pulling for this guy to resign with us. I would still like us to pick up another FA for the OL in addition to signing Miller. Miller, as I said before, played pretty good for us until last year. Last year he played injured and it was not pretty. If now healthy, what better way to provide quality backup to our OL than with a player who could step in from day one, knows the system, knows the players, and would provide continuity? Miller's Decision Could Come Today
-
- 11 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
In one spot I have Ryan Grant (who will probably suck against the Vikings, but I'll go with him anyway) In the other spot I have to choose between: Ricky Williams Senior (I'd planned to start him until Miami hinted Brown may get more carries) DeAngelo Williams Fred Taylor Ahman Green Kenny Watson Thankfully I'm loaded at WR.
-
- 11 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...carol09.article
-
- 11 replies
- 3k views
-
-
NFL Power Rankings, Week 2 1 Last Week: 3 Dallas Cowboys (1-0) Yes, they displaced the Patriots. Fair's fair, and Dallas' methodical dismantling of the Browns was most impressive. I started putting a stopwatch on the time Tony Romo was given to pass. Many clockings of 3.0 or better, and a couple of 4's. Most impressive. 2 Last Week: 1 New England Patriots (1-0) Well, after all, they did win. At a terrible price. How did losing Tom Brady affect the Vegas odds on winning the Super Bowl? "There never has been an injury that's had such a dramatic effect on the odds," said Bodog's Sportsbook manager, Richard Gardner. Bodog, one of the major price sett…
-
- 11 replies
- 3k views
-
-
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080917/sp_nm/nfl_vikings_dc_1 Frerotte replaces Jackson as Vikings quarterback 1 hour, 24 minutes ago NEW YORK (Reuters) - The winless Minnesota Vikings will replace quarterback Tarvaris Jackson with veteran Gus Frerotte in the hope of jump-starting a stagnant passing game, coach Brad Childress said Wednesday. ADVERTISEMENT Minnesota opened the season as leading contenders to win the NFC North but have stumbled with losses to Green Bay and Indianapolis. "I feel like we have an opportunity here that I don't want to let pass by," Childress told reporters. "Obviously we have a chance to have a successful season and…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Last year I worked 3rd shift and only caught a hand full of games. I bs you not, we did not lose any game I watched last year! This year I work on sundays from 10 to 7:30, so the only game I've seen this year was against the Colts. Seems like the games I watch we win, but the games I miss we lose! God I wish I had some Vacation time, I'd take every sunday off!!! But oh well all I can say is this week, like week one is primetime and I WILL be watching, so chalk one up in the W column!!!
-
- 11 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Noots' Notes-Game 4: 24-20 Win against PhiladelphiaBy Michael Nudo The Bears held on to a 21-14 halftime lead to outlast Philadelphia 24-20 in front of a home crowd on Sunday night. Taking it away (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh). OFFENSE QuarterbackKyle Orton (18-34-199, 3 TD, 2 INT, 2 Fumbles lost) threw three first half touchdowns to put the Bears in position to win the game. He wasted little time in hitting tight end Greg Olsen for a 19-yard touchdown strike up the right sideline. Orton then found Marty Booker on a beautiful 23-yard touchdown pass. He finished the half leading Devin Hester perfectly up the right sideline for yet another touchdown. Less obvious…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
from profootballtalk.com BENSON TO THE BENGALS Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2008, 4:12 p.m. At a time when the Cincinnati Bengals seemed to be the favorite to land 2005 NFL MVP Shaun Alexander, a native of nearby Florence, Kentucky, the Bengals threw the league a curveball on Tuesday, signing tailback Cedric Benson. The team has announced via a press release the addition of Benson. He’ll replace DeDe Dorsey, who has been placed on injured reserve. Benson was the fourth overall pick in the 2005 draft. The Bears dumped him after a lackluster 2007 season as the clear-cut starter — and after two alcohol-related arrests in less than a month. Th…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.8k views
-