Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
2018 Cap Space $47.8 Cap Savings cuts $11.5 Glennon (no point paying him this much for a coin toss) $8 Sitton (depends on health, but I think $8 mil in cap space will be spent better elsewhere) $7 McPhee (injuries limit him too much) $5.6 Sims (I know some like him, but he is not worth over $5mil as a blocking TE) $5.6 Massie (can't imagine paying Massie to whiff on anymore DE's) $5 Wheaton (basically a million per reception) $4.5 Cooper (a FA bust, I had high hopes, but he was horrible and that TD blunder was icing on the cake) $3.2 Demps (with the emergence of the dynamic duo, I would only keep him for his veteran presence, cap hit is not too …
-
- 16 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
-
Per Adam Schefter on his Twitter account. Orlando Pace is out today and so is Devin Hester. Bears inactives are Iglesias, steltz, hester, moore, june, toeainia, pace and gilbert. Schefter also reported that Ryan Pickett is out for the Packers and that BJ Raji will make his 1st career start.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
In case you didn't hear, or know it was coming, Brian Westbrook was released (?) earlier today from the Philadelphia Eagles. Link.... http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/sp..._Westbrook.html Weird thing I saw on NFL Network was something about how his release wouldn't go into effect until start of the next season(?). Don't understand. Is that so he can retire or something? And no this is not a post to advocate the Bears try and sign him. He's a great guy but not needed, just like LT.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
if there was ever any doubt about the owners ONLY concern in regards to NFL football... it's NOT about the preservation of football it's NOT about the quality of the game of football it's NOT the integrity of the game of football and it's CERTAINLY NOT a single concern about the fans who lay down hard earned money to enrich these million/billionaires it's pure and simple... MONEY. ladies and gentlemen, with these scab refs this is not professional football we are watching anymore. it's sandlot anything goes and there are no guidelines or foundation in reality to the games we are watching anymore. how sad is it that a multi-billion dollar a year c…
-
- 12 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Just a series of questions, but please feel free to add. Now that the season is over, can we please find out what is wrong with all injured players. Tommie Harris His knee (or knees). How bad are they? If he requires surgery, can he please have it NOW and be at 100% next season. As he did have flashes of brilliance and he does play hard, the only reason for his downturn in numbers and performance must be the injury. I think if he is 100% next year, we will be ok on the inside of the line (with whomever playing next to him) Vasher Did he have surgery yet? Will he be back at 100% Again, why the drop off in production? Urlache…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I like to think we're not going to wait until after the draft to just sign players off the scrap-heap. Here's some guys who are still available I hope like hell we're thinking about trying to sign: Byron Leftwich: What the heck happened to him anyway? He was supposed to be the best free agent quarterback available, and I haven't even heard a rumor about him other then he might resign with Pittsburgh. He's proven he's a good back-up and he'd definitely keep Orton on his toes. Khalif Barnes: At 26 years old, he could be our starting RT for the next 6 years. I'd like to sign him AND St. Clair. Jared Page: At 6-0, 220 lbs, he's considered a big free s…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I'm mostly asking as he's a former Saint and although older, Fox and crew showed some interest in the other CJ (Anderson) last year. There are a lot of questions about whether Langford can carry the load. And whether he can consistently catch out of the backfield. Spiller does that. If the Bears checked him out I wouldn't see him as the feature back, maybe a change of pace. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...ut-c-j-spiller/
-
- 8 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/01/re...as_eyes_fo.html Truly how safe is Lovie, who is coming in as GM, and what kind of coaching staff they want in place? Things are going to be interesting in Chicago this offseason.
-
- 9 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Which mock drafts are the most reliable? Whose opinion do you trust the most? (I'm getting excited for the draft............. if you can't tell)
-
- 3 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
1st Rd Jonathan Martin OT 2nd Rd Bobbie Massie OT 3rd Rd Juron Criner WR 3rd Rd Coryell Judie CB I have a hard time believing that Martin will drop to 19 and that the Bears will spend 2 picks on OTs in the first 2 rounds but as usual most mock draftniks don't follow teams as well as the fans do on a daily basis.
-
- 13 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...h-expectations/
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Kurt Warner is expected to announce his retirement on Friday. Could the Bears turn to Martz for their OC position and than offer Warner a job as our QB coach. I realize Warner would have a lot to prove, but he makes quick reads, gets rid of the ball quickly, and would be a pretty good role model for Cutler. Just throwing it out there since evidently NFL network is reporting that Warner wants to pursue coaching or the broadcast booth when he retires.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I've been on vacation from Bears chat because I needed a break from the idiocy of how our team is run. I even wrote George McCaskey a letter at the end of the season to express my unapproval for how the team is run by Nagy and Pace. None of that has changed. What did change is we drafted Justin Fields. He's a football player and game changer. Pace did nothing but get lucky with him falling far enough to take him. He still has yet to help much drafting the O all the while giving up picks and depth. I feel we are never going to get over the hump with Pace and Nagy. Fields can still be great, but he can't change every playcall Nagy makes at the LOS. I see this team …
-
- 13 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
With a ton of holes and FA about to begin.... I want Chris Brown ( C) and Stacy Andrews (T) Also on the list would be Leanard Weaver (FB) and Eugene Wilson (FS). Just puttin it out there. I dont count on Andrews to do much...but the return on investment would be great if he can return to form. As far as Brown goes...we could use an established OL that is big enough and tough enough to kick Pat Williams butt 2 times a year. We'll have the cap space and should use it somewhere...this would be my pricey addition. I would still pick OL in the first round in this scenario but then begin to add some developmental weapons around an O-Line that can help out…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
The epitome of mediocrity 1. 6-6 record, 16th overall ranking on defense, 23rd overall ranking on offense. It doesn't get (much) more tepid than that. What's especially disturbing,however... 2. Is how the Bears appear to be regressing. The defense has been spotty at best all season. now the offense can't get out of its own way. Special teams, a former strength, have disappeared. "Super Bowl" contenders, when they lose tough games early in the season, from my recollection, don't get steadily worse as the season wears on. The Giants didn't "fade out" to close the 2007 season...at least that's not how I recall it. Speaking of fading out... 3. Kyle Orton. Yes, he'…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Link, sun times.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...c0-77bbcf44a93a Peace
-
- 7 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I just read where there are 58 players at rookie mini camp. The more bodies the better, that is how you find diamonds in the rough. With that many I would say they sign a couple of try out players to regular camp.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.8k views
-