Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
-
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1844691...r-bill-musgrave He might be someone to seriously think about as the OC. I am not sure if I am sold on Loggains.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
-
@adamjahns: “@ZachZaidman: Kevin Turks is out as #Bears director of pro personnel.” Ryan Pace starts shaking up the front office. Given the whiffs we have had on the FA front (including the mistakes we have made on our own guys), doesn't surprise me
-
- 10 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
So any interest in a retread like Colombo? Or how about the monster known as Davis? And I might think of low-balling Williams. Not sure what his deal is. http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d820fe7e9/wil...on-way-out-too/ And I for one welcome the idea of Donovan coming to the NFC North. Should be fun.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I think the Lions are going to be a lot better than they have been. I am quite concerned that we might lay an egg tomorrow. If their defensive line plays up to the billing they are getting, and if our offensive line plays as bad as they did in preseason, we will not get a running game going, Cutler will be forced to pass too often, and I smell an upset. If we can at least run block effectively and get some decent yardage on the ground, then I think we will be fine. I must admit, for the first time this preseason, I am getting a bit concerned. Hopefully the Bears will come out and prove my concerns unfounded.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Do any of you think the window is closed? I do. Despite having a young offense, most of those young guys suck. Omiyale, Knox, Webb, and Hester all suck. The defense is great, but by the time 2012 comes around (which is when the next season will be most likely) Urlacher, Peppers, Briggs, Idonije, Tillman, and C.Harris will all be TWO years old on top of their already advanced ages. F*** MY LIFE
-
- 9 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,5604133.story The Bears weren't able to add help at defensive tackle during the draft, so they found some on the street. An NFL source told the Tribune the team agreed to terms Thursday night with John McCargo, a former first-round draft pick of the Bills, and DeMario Pressley, former teammates at North Carolina State. Both players will receive one-year contracts. McCargo and Pressley are in position to battle for a roster spot because the Bears have only three experienced tackles: Henry Melton, Matt Toeaina and Stephen Paea, last year's second-round draft pick. The Buccaneers released McCargo this month. The…
-
- 13 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Just rattling this off. Robinson is likely too expensive. Wims and Miller are idiots. Mooney is typecast as a #2 but is a prototypical slot. Ridley somehow has not developed. So, in theory, we need to come up with a 1 and 2 WR. How does this get accomplished?
-
- 18 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
The haul: top 15 talent starting safety Starting center Best blocking TE in the draft and a talent who should be long term TE2 WR4 maybe future WR3 with elite speed CB with the talent to fit this scheme and starting CB2 potential LB who should be good depth with starting potential I think he ends up LB4 for us long term Freak DT DT4 floor to DT1 potential We had a good draft and filled a lot of needs with good players. Just not the draft I expected. This team got better. This is easily the best and deepest offensive roster I’ve seen in a very long time. Might end up being the best Bears offense we’ve ever seen this year or next. Defense is finally getting…
-
- 41 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I love how he plays the game, especially his blocking, but against this level of competition it's easy to do. He's going to need a lot more lower body strength to play like that in the NFL. It is always hard to judge speed against lower levels of competition but he's not going to run away from any DBs in the NFL. He has enough mobility to find gaps in a defense and he's got good hands and tracks the ball well so it's worth giving him a shot to see how develops.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
New England just turns random, regular, barely capable players into stars. Hogan looked like one of the best WRs in the NFL yesterday, and he's been cut by four teams. He played one season of college ball at a small school, and now he's ripping the Pittsburgh Steelers a new sphincter in the AFC Championship game. On top of that, the Patriots only had ONE 1st round player starting for them on offense yesterday. ONE! Beware any player from New England. Somehow, they are better able than any other team in the NFL, to make the sum of their parts worth more than the parts.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Last year the Bears announced they were cutting ties with Darwin Walker, Fred Miller, and Mushin Muhammed on the same day. I'm pretty sure it was around then they announced they'd extended Alex Brown and were parting with Ruben Brown. I mainly remember this because I was home celebrating Barack Obama day, which allowed me to listen to the SCORE for 12 hours straight. With Barack Obama day coming up this Monday, I was wondering if we'll see a similar "big day" of announcements coming soon, and if so, who's on the chopping block? It seems that Vasher is safe. But what about Tait? Booker? Wale??? Will we officially cut ties with Lloyd, Mike Brown, Rex .…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Now that Martz is gone how many think Olsen was a good trade? I hope that whoever we pick with that 3rd pick brings as much value as Greg did.
-
- 12 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I suppose he will be released soon with the addition of Turner.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
We play against: Brock Osweiler (new starter in HOU), Chase Daniel (new starter in PHI), and Dak Prescott (rookie). I would not be surprised if we went 3-0 into Week 4 against Detroit. If we do anything less than 2-1, it will be a huge disappointment.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Read about this guy anywhere and you'll see: (Walter, Bucky Brooks, CBS, NFL.com, the list goes on and on) -Elite power -Great run defense -Unbelievable agility for his size -Surprising pass rush ability -etc. Everyone loves this guy. His high school highlights are more comical than maybe anything I've ever seen. What do you guys think of him as a potential 3-4DE? I know he isn't the ideal size/burst, but if he can collapse a pocket he can collapse a pocket. I don't care how it happens. And since I'm in favor of elite run defender 3-4DEs over guys who are well-rounded everywhere but not elite anywhere, I favor the former. With a guy like Bil…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
-
Ill Take it, this was definately a dangerous game for the Bears. With New Englnad looming next week it woulda been very easy to be upset this game. Detroit is definately a dangerous team and the result was win, but it was ugly. ILL take it anyday. Go Bears.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.8k views
-